test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solo leveling as a DPS cleric

crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Temple
Hey guys, I'm leveling my first DC (DPS; Lashing Light build described here) and am on the edge of quitting in Ebon Downs. The difficulty difference between soloing as a CW (my first char) and a DC is ridiculous. CW was more than a cakewalk in comparison.

My Setup: I'm running Healing Word (otherwise I would die even earlier...), Chains and Daunting Light; Spears and Astral Seal; and Flame Strike. I'm geared green mostly up to level (-4 max) and have a Tank as companion.
But the companion doesn't help much. ~8k HP on Level 15? Really? That's 4 - 5 hits from the semi-boss mobs in the Barrows...
And I find the damage output incredibly low even when going DPS and having always updated weapons. I mean, I need 2 - 3 FULL rotations of Spears (non-crit) to get a NON-elite mob down (yes, the stupid simple zombies). I tried the DoTs, but with Forgemasters Flame I could barely kill a zombie (non-crit).
I can't CC very well either (Chains don't hold very long and Divine Sun Burst buys you maybe 2 seconds, until the mobs are in your face again) and you have fewer dodges.

So what am I supposed to do?! Either I'm doing something horribly wrong, or I don't know... I would like to hear some tips from you more experienced DCs.
How did you level (without too much frustration)?
Post edited by crystal892f on

Comments

• faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    I used to the other at will, sorry the name is escaping me ...then I think I feated it to give extra temp hit points that really helped.

I also used different dailies that made me stronger rather than increasing dps. Also armor, try to get blue gear if you can.

And try having your stats at least until 60 in constitution too. etc.

I did fine but it took some working to get her where she was viable solo.
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    I use sunburst like crazy :)
  • pwniexpresspwniexpress Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2013
    Damage output is low when leveling. The lashing light build really gets its effectiveness from a synergy of many resources that haven't yet come together for you. However, it is possible to level quite decently with a cleric. Here are some ideas (you are probably already doing at least some of these):
    • Keep a healing word up constantly on the companion, and make sure the companion is always in your sunburst when you throw sunburst. If he falls, get him back up and immediately tag him with healing word and sunburst so he doesn't keel over again right away.
    • Chains isn't crowd control in PVE; it serves primarily to root mobs so that you can take your time targeting them with daunting light, flame strike, or searing light, thus maximizing the number of targets you hit.
    • Better gear helps. Run a daily quest or two from Rhix at least once every 3-4 levels, and use the AD to buy some rares off the AH. When selecting gear, pick gear that gives you BIG bonuses to one or two stats rather than smaller bonii on many stats. You want to establish strengths you can capitalize on. Slot your rank 2 and rank 3 enchantments; the extra boost is needed.
    • Practice kiting and dodging. Everybody knows to avoid red circles, but learn to recognize the "winding up" animations on bruiser mobs and dodge or back away from their slow, powerful attacks (especially the ones that carry knockdown effects). If you stack recovery while leveling, often 2-3 extra seconds of effective kiting will be enough to get your encounters back.
    • Make sure you fully exhaust your quests in one area before proceeding to the next; I bypassed Ebon Downs completely while leveling my DC because I out-leveled it completely before I ran out of quests in the previous zone. You might simply be a level or two lower than needed to really feel comfortable there.
      Be cautious about minidungeon end-bosses. You'll need to bring your "A" game to those fights and really maximize your use of dodging, positioning, potions, and the companion to succeed.

I found leveling my DC to be more difficult than leveling my GWF, but far from impossible. A player in my guild recently powerleveled her DC from 1 to 60 in about 5 days without much trouble, so it's definitely possible to succeed.

Hope that helps! :)
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2013
    DC was my 4th char. After doing the zones 3 times on other chars (which was super easy solo) i didnt fancy going that path, so hit lvl 10 and leveled exclusively doing pvp.

1. Hit 60 with enough glory for full set of t1 pvp gear.
    2. The xp for a good win can get you anywhere from 4k-6k xp.
    3. I learned the class from playing pvp, which was at times as much fun as it was frustrating. DC has extreme strengths and weaknesses in pvp, but heals are always welcome either way.

This is my DC guide to leveling ;)
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Sunburst, Daunting Light and Healing Word, Flamestrike as Daily been my friends during leveling.
    Dealing Astral Seal to almost any enemy in sight to gain some Bonusheal back.
    Playing solo, same on teams, I do pretty well with Brand of the Sun - can manage my Divinity the best that way - also dealing to almost every enemy.

Tried various companions on leveling, to me it was the best with the wayward wizard, dont know why, but he stays longer alive than the others and I can manage the aggro way better.

As pwniexpress said, learn dodge and kiting - also learn to "read" the enemies so you aren't only dodging away from red circles, also dodge their stronger attacks.

From time to time it feels kinda frustrating being solo with cleric, but may you just ask and find 1-2-3 folks for questing, thats also a way to get it much more easier.

Leveling with cleric solo will be kinda hard in forever I guess, but its possible.
    I did it most way to 60 solo, even if it was harder and took longer than on others - it was fun, and I still love to play cleric as main character. :D
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hmmm.

So far leveling my cleric was the easiest of all classes. Maybe not fastest but definitely safest.

SB/DL/DG when all available. HF+foresight until you get prophetic or whatever increases damage. Any dailies work, FS is what i used in conjunction with Guardian.

I think the entire time i leveled i only had to party up once for the fight with the big wolf thing. Outside of that just quested all the way solo.

Maybe it was because of being my first character, but it was easy and quick. I beat out 5 of my friends leveling (all other classes than DC).
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ebon Downs is HELL for clerics. At that point the other classes are getting stronger and stronger while we are stuck with pretty much the same spells we have been using until now.
    I ran this map with divine searing light (only divine), daunting light and sunburst. Then I noticed that a divine FF was keeping me alive much more efficiently than sunbrst so I switched spells and kept running the rest of the map with FF+DL+Chains.
    As soon as I got Astral Shield (lv 51) I made sure to keep it up at all times (but this was waaaaay before it got nerfed so idk how it's now the life of a leveling cleric). Then i went with DL and DG as complementaries. Those never left my bar while leveling. I would occasionally slot Searing Light for VERY crowded places.

The next maps you'll see after Ebon Downs are quite easy until you get to the Volcanic area. There you feel like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again. And once you're done there, feeling exceptionally accomplished you can take a deep breath because once you go underground and the spiders begin dispelling your Astral Shield while random drows rush to you hitting you for thousands while you just practically scratch them you will most likely quit questing until you get a T1 set.

Purple gear makes your life easier, but every quest and even some foundries will still take you wayyyy longer than with your CW.

Deal with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Kite, kite, kite. The number of zombie adds in the ebon downs is the worst part, if you can separate the minbosses from their adds long enough to kill them you be fine.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't play anymore since cleric class getting ignored so much ... but some tips from a pro cleric (:p) if you realy want to play any further.

#1 - Use cleric companion.* It heals more then your healing word until you hit level 60 and get alot of power. It also draw alot of more aggro then the tank companion. (lol) Any cleric not using the cleric companion waste their encounter power slot for crappy healing word thus wasting damage potential.

#2 - Use sunburst. It not only heals you, but also your companion.

#3 - focus on killing minions first and fast by using sunburst (always non-divine), chains of light and daunting light (later replace chains of light against divine glow). Don't use single target spells, beside against endboss in dungeons.

#4 - Use your dodge skill

#5 - Never use divine powers against the one stronger target within the minion griup, but build up divinity with powers and use your punishing light (devine mode at-will replacement) to do damage while powers are on cooldown.

rotate

*No companion will scale beyond the character level of 30, beside you want to waste your astral diamonds to upgrade. However, the cleric companion will always heal for a fixed amount of % hp.Even if it dies in battle - who cares, it will respawn instantly after battle and heal you.

PS: While leveling, focus on crit as primary attribute. Crit increase you damage more then power while at the same time helps your healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In addition to all that was said above I'd like to say that Sunburst+tab is your best friend if your stamina is low ;)
    I was using sunburst, healing word and chains (flame strike as daily, sunburst and brand of the sun as soon as I could) while leveling my DC, tho if I had to do it now, I think I would rather use daunting light instead of chains.

Do not worry so much about gear, you'll change it rather sooner than later, but choose power and recovery if you can.

And yeah, I also liked wizard companion best, tho doggy was not bad too.
    edited September 2013
    yes while leveling flame strike was great forgot that....at 60th not so much due to the fact I pvp a ton
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I did the first half of Ebon Downs with a party, and by then I was two or three levels over the zone. The parts I did solo didn't give me a whole lot of trouble (Pirates' Skyhold killed me several times, though). IIRC I ran with Sunburst / Forgemaster's / Chains (first two always used in divinity) and Hallowed Ground / Guardian of Faith for dailies, with Sacred Flame / Astral Seal for at-wills. I don't even bother with heal-only spells when I solo because of righteousness, so I supplement SB and FF with a metric ton of potions. I also had the dog companion, though, which on one hand didn't draw aggro like the tank does, but on the other hand can prone enemies and put out a fair bit of damage, so it worked well. I don't recall dying and I didn't have too bad of a time with quest content in Ebon downs.

Don't talk to me about Idris, though. I'm still traumatized from my first run-in with her.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey, first of all I want to thank you all for your tips.

Some notes / remarks / questions to your responses:
    - I read several times you outleveled a zone. How? I do nearly every quest in a zone. The only ones I don't do are the party dungeon and skirmish. Give the last two really so much XP that you can be up to 3 levels above a zone's level?
    - Regarding Sunburst: I have Healers Lore slotted and a Sunburst Rank 3, but non-divine it only healed me during my test yesterday for about 300 HP - when I have about 10k HP. I will test this today again, because that seemed way too low.
    - Wizard as a companion is a better tank than a Tank? Will try that - 2 gold isn't much.
    - Regarding Searing Light: I leveled this in the beginning, but it disappeared from my bar quite fast. The single target damage didn't convince me very well and neither did the AoE in divine. I tested this yesterday again and was still not convinced. Not worth a precious slot, when you have only 3 anyways.

Regarding Ebon Downs: I didn't even bother trying the Barrow Lords again solo, so I asked in zone chat and a TR 39 helped me. No problems at all.
    I'm in Vellosk now and the power switch that worked best for me was FF for Chains. With a divine FF on a elite-/boss-mob and Healing Word on both me and my tank, we can handle the elite + normal mob groups quite well. Sure, it takes longer than I am still used to from my CW, but hey - it works.
    This setup also kept both of us alive in the Shadar-Kai-Enclave boss fight (last boss I fought). Although it took forever to take him down - not only thanks to my tank standing in the life steal attack. The healing from divine FF is REALLY helpful.

I also tried Prophecy of Doom, but wasn't impressed at all. The damage is low (even with the so called "large amout of damage" when an elite is still alive after it ends). It's only on rank 1, though. But I can't see it getting much better. What's your take on this power?

Thanks again, guys. :-)
    edited September 2013
    Hello again

About outleveling zone... do you do some daily quests too? Like foundry? And skirmishes are good because of AD too ;)

Sunburst heal is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, no doubt about it (dmg is not so goood as well, actually), Prophecy of Doom is weak.

Generally about running solo with DC, I see 2 pproaches: 1. using tanking pets and skills like Hallowed ground and later Astral shield to make yourself less squishy 2. "kill them before they kill you" - dmg dealing encounters (but still with healing word) and daily, + wizard companion. Whatever you like, tho 2nd makes it a bit faster.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    - I read several times you outleveled a zone. How? I do nearly every quest in a zone. The only ones I don't do are the party dungeon and skirmish. Give the last two really so much XP that you can be up to 3 levels above a zone's level?
    Yes. Even not playing for a few days and just logging in to invoke can get you over-leveled. Dungeons, Skirmishes and PvP just throw you way over. I've had to skip several zones as I leveled. (Word of advice - skip Hotenow, you'll hate it on a cleric).
    - Regarding Sunburst: I have Healers Lore slotted and a Sunburst Rank 3, but non-divine it only healed me during my test yesterday for about 300 HP - when I have about 10k HP. I will test this today again, because that seemed way too low.
    Never liked this power, though it's got limited use for throwing stuff off cliffs. IMO, your best bet is going with DL+FF+HW until you get Astral Shield. Occasional potions are useful, too. Like someone said, maxing Crit helps a lot.
    - Regarding Searing Light: I leveled this in the beginning, but it disappeared from my bar quite fast. The single target damage didn't convince me very well and neither did the AoE in divine. I tested this yesterday again and was still not convinced. Not worth a precious slot, when you have only 3 anyways.
    It's a great power early on, up until maybe around level 30-40. Gotta line up the mobs for best effect, and in Divine it chains off every mob hit, resulting in multiple AoEs, which allows to take out big groups in one hit (that's unless something got changed recently).
    I also tried Prophecy of Doom, but wasn't impressed at all. The damage is low (even with the so called "large amout of damage" when an elite is still alive after it ends). It's only on rank 1, though. But I can't see it getting much better. What's your take on this power?
    You can basically spec around it to maximize AP gain, rest is useless last I checked. The feat that adds a heal to it is very weak as well. You're better off with FF or BtS.

P.S. Brand of the Sun is, IMO, a better at-will than Astral Seal, especially combined with the feat that adds a debuff to it.
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    - Wizard as a companion is a better tank than a Tank? Will try that - 2 gold isn't much.

Wizard isnt a better tank, but he almost never aggroes - so most times if hes dead, by AoE idle, but not that often by a normal strike.
    So he is dealing his little amount of dmg kinda constantly...

Compared to the 1-Hit-Wonder that should be a "tank" (tanking maximum 2 enemies, never seen more at him, most times only one.) the wizard is better.
    Additionaly most melee pets spend their time in running, than damaging I noticed...

Also with cleric could work pretty good by let her doing the heal and concentrate mostly on killing.

I also was 2-3 levels above zones back in time - pretty simple by daily foundries, skirms and PvP. (ADs are just a nice benefit)
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Without seeing your build it's hard to say what's going wrong. I heard a lot of people complain about Ebon Downs, but I didn't have any problem. What does your build look like so far? What kind of gear are you wearing? I had a full-on crit build, basically going to whatever Recovery I had. Str/Wis maxed, it's the most efficient DC build under almost all circumstances. That may have made a difference. I actually re-rolled my cleric around 30 because I went Recovery and was super weak. Anyway, here are general tips:

1) Use the Cleric companion. Her heal is 20% of your HP, so she is the only white companion that scales with you.

2) Make sure you have 3 in the feat Repurpose Soul and as much crit as you can. I would aim for 30% at minimum.

2) Diving Searing Light. Your best spell for clearing trash, and perhaps the best spell for clearing trash in the whole game. It does not have the 5 target limit your other spells do. ALL the crits will heal you 15% if you're close enough for a massive burst heal with some luck.

3) Sunburst! This is probably our best designed spell. Again, ALL the crits will heal you 15%: both damage from mobs and anyone it heals including your companion. This can turn out to be a more healing than you think.

4) Don't be stingy with your potions. They're cheap. Much cheaper than kits.

5) You can upgrade green gear every even level. It's okay to skip one even level, but don't skip two. Keep your gear within 4 levels. It's cheap on the auction house.

6) Always always get the best Symbol you can. Usually there is a blue one up for a reasonable price. The main think you want to look at is weapon damage. It's the main factor in your damage and healing. It's far more important than any other stat. It's worth dropping a bit of money on this if you need to.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ugh... sunburst's heal is crappy, even with repurpose soul.
    Forgemaster's flame outheals it by a mile and a half and better yet: it's not affected by the Big Bad R or Righteousness (unlike sunburst). Same as AShield.

Ebon Downs is easy if you got AoE firepower, if not those hordes of zombies will eat you alive in less than a second. But really, your firepower will just decrease from lv 30ish onwards. Your daunting light will stop 1-hitting crowds of creepers and that will be very annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
    edited September 2013
    All that was said here is good, but I dont understand why would you need buy gear on AH. Really, I lvled up to 60 with greens, never needed any help with solo content. And I'm kinda noo... you know.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I started leveling up a cleric character a few days ago, and I've made it up to Pirates Skyhold so far solo.
    Some of the area dungeon bosses can get quite difficult, but nothing that can't be done.
    I gather cheap blues from the AH every few levels, greens if those are too expensive.

Here's my setup:
    Healer's Lore
    Foresight

Sun Burst
    Searing Light
    Chains of Blazing Light

Lance of Faith
    Sacred Flame

Flame Strike
    Divine Armor

If you do a sunburst followed by a divine chains, you can pretty much clear any trash mob. With the harder mobs, use searing light, flame strike, just keep attacking.
    I use divine armor against bosses.
    Don't worry about your healing skills at this time; they won't be good enough to help you during a fight.
    Potions will definitely be your friend.

I only have a few days worth of experience with cleric, but that's gotten me to level 42 solo so far, and hopefully further.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Ugh... sunburst's heal is crappy, even with repurpose soul.
    Forgemaster's flame outheals it by a mile and a half and better yet: it's not affected by the Big Bad R or Righteousness (unlike sunburst). Same as AShield.

Ebon Downs is easy if you got AoE firepower, if not those hordes of zombies will eat you alive in less than a second. But really, your firepower will just decrease from lv 30ish onwards. Your daunting light will stop 1-hitting crowds of creepers and that will be very annoying.

If you crit with sunburst and hit 5 targets with damage and 1 target (your companion) with the heal, that's something like (5 * 1.75 * 0.15) heal from the damage, .15 of the heal on your companion, and .6 of the heal on yourself. Total healing is double the normal tooltip amount. I don't know if that's as much as FF, but it generates divinity (instead of taking a pip), it does moderate damage to 5 targets, and it quite a bit shorter cooldown. And you can use the knockback should you need it. It's a great ability, IMO. All DC powers should be modeled that way.

I guess my point is, FF is not AoE firepower, as you say. It's a better heal (maybe, I don't know with the stealth-nerf-bug thing), but it doesn't help you wipe out the packs. I would mainly use it to charge up divinity for searing light and daunting light. That's what will clear the packs quick.

Oh yeah, and if you want a laugh, get some Life Steal, up to maybe 10% or 15%. It's much better your self-healing. xD
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got through Ebon Downs without a problem using:

Features: Healer's Lore, Foresight

Dailies: Flame Strike

Encounters: Chains of Blazing Light, Daunting Light, Sun Burst

At Wills: Lance of Faith, Astral Seal

I used the dire wolf for my pet. My equipment is drops from leveling, mostly green.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey, first of all I want to thank you all for your tips.

Some notes / remarks / questions to your responses:

Thanks again, guys. :-)

I frequently don't have time for questing until weekends when I don't have work or classes, so I just log in and invoke / profession 5 days a week. Consequently DC is still only partway through the Chasm quest-wise while my CW is level 43 and just halfway through Neverdeath. Frankly it's annoying to be too overleveled, but it does help to be a couple of levels above the baseline for the zone.

Honestly, I don't use Sunburst for the damage or the heal, although both are just enough to be helpful -- I use it for the knockback. It's basically like getting an extra dodge since you have a few seconds during which the mob can't hit you before they run back up to you. That's why I only use it in divinity.

The trick I used with Searing Light was to line-of-sight it since it pierces enemies -- get up somewhere that you can attack from range, and line yourself up so that you can hit more than one enemy in a line with the main beam. It's even better to do this in divinity for the AoE. That said, I dropped it for FF, so it depends on your style.

I've never had any luck at all with Prophecy of Doom either. I just don't know how to use it and have never noticed an effect with it. If it's not working for your style, I've heard good things about Daunting Light. You might save a few points to spec into it. I regret not doing that for my DC.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just finished Hotenow solo on my DC using just a few rotations.

Trash mobs:

Chains of Blazing Light
    Divine Glow
    Daunting Light

Minibosses/CC immune mobs:
    Prophecy of Doom/Break the Spirit
    Divine Glow
    Daunting Light

At wills:
    Lance of Faith
    Brand of the Sun

Daily Powers:
    Flame Strike
    Divine Armor

Class Features:
    Holy Fervor
    Terrifying Insight

The way I use this is to throw use Chains to root the mobs then use Divine Glow to debuff before following up with Divine Daunting Light to finish them off. If you want you can throw divine glow first to buff the damage done by chains or use it in divinity mode to buff your own damage. If any are still alive I throw BotS on them and kite until they die to build up my divinity again.

For minibosses and cc immune mobs I throw Divine glow first then Prophecy or BtS for the debuff before stacking brand of the sun on the target(s) before using either divine or normal DL(depending on enemy speed). Throw Lance and refresh BotS until the encounters come off cooldown and repeat as needed. If the target isn't CC immune, I would use Forgemasters Flame instead of BtS or Prophecy for the slow.

The dailies shouldn't need much explanation, flamestrike is by far and away the best leveling damage daily, however if in a 1v1 situation can be swapped with Angel or Hammer. Divine Armor is the obligatory OHCHIT power giving you a buffer in which run away and pot(or wait for pot to CD).

Terrifying Insight and Holy Fervor are my preferred class features because they boost my damage output(quite significantly) and AP gain. I don't slot the heal powers simple because it's quicker and more effective to chug a pot than heal myself in a fight.

I haven't used Sunburst since the minidungeon in Rothe Valley where you kill the Drider and I only used it to throw mobs off a bridge. IMO, it's a pretty worthless power.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Daunting light. Spec for DPS for lvling, but knowing you'll have to respec for endgame.

Just finished Pirates Skyhold. Had no troubles with it or Ebon Downs. Daunting light will 1 hit most smaller mobs. Put in divinity with bigger aoe circle; you can pretty much daunting light a pack of 4 mobs with 1 push of the button.

My layout is pretty much DPS oriented, Ive done this with every healer ive played in games; then respec endgame. If you have lvling partner this is less of an issue. Encounters are Daunting light, sunburst, and the searing light. At wills are Lance and Brand of Sun. Daily I think flamestrike.

Also the I use the cleric companion, the white one, with no gear or enchants. Just dodge when needed and daunting light the packs of smaller mobs (course get the big ones in the aoe range too if you can).

LvL 47 healer. LVLing.

I may just pvp once I hit 50 to get enough glory to buy t1 pvp gear when I hit 60.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited September 2013
    Hit 50 last night. Will pvp mostly now till 60. Did have trouble with last mini dungeon in icespire peak. The rimehound boss, but I remember that fight being annoying with my GWF, just get stunned non stop.

60 here we come!
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
    edited September 2013
    I dinged 60 earlier and did my first few PvPs and dungeons(CT and CC) as a medium geared 7.5 to 8.3k(AH blues and stuff I had lying around on from my alts) cleric. PvP wasn't too bad. But you certainly feel a little fragile vs GWF(especially given your dodge has no invincibility frames). On the upside, I can really ruin a unstealthed TR or a CW's day and hold pretty firm vs a GF 1v1.

In the dungeons I was the secondary cleric. Came 3rd in damage in CT tying with a 9.3K CW for most of the dungeon until the boss. In CC I was again, secondary cleric and topped the chart by 1.5 mill over a CW(DC, DC, CW, GF, GWF party). All in all an all out DPS cleric is a lot of fun, especially since you can act as a backup mini healer if your main healer is having problems or goes down by using either HG, DA or if you specced into it(and you should) AS. However it should be noted that people probably won't take you into a dungeon without a actual healing spec or hybrid spec cleric as well.
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hit 50 last night. Will pvp mostly now till 60. Did have trouble with last mini dungeon in icespire peak. The rimehound boss, but I remember that fight being annoying with my GWF, just get stunned non stop.

60 here we come!
    Now it's a tad late, but Rimhound is easy imo, just drop it, inb4 it gets CC immunity.

But, 50+ is not to hard as you finally have AS. Dungenering is quite nice practice for T1, but the PvP set is actually quite good and generally a tad underrated.
    Wizard.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Idk I just skip it. The one thing I really like about lvling in this game; the quests are not required to access further areas, and there are multiple ways to boost xp. So yah I skip anything too frustrating solo, and move to next area! wooo.

ps this was the first thing while lvling I found frustratin with dc. so overall my expierence lvling was very enjoyable. love daunting light.

But also miss. Yah Im pvping 50-60 not because Im having any difficulty at all. But just so I have enough glory when I ding 60 to buy pvp set. You say its underrated? I like to hear that. I was hopeing itd be at least basic/decent enough to help get me started on t2, you think that's possible?

How is the GG set for pve? (course understanding both these sets im lookin at are "pvp" sets) I suppose as long as my stats are properly balanced and my powers/feats are properly specceed? And being an experienced mmo healer, understanding placement, aggro, but also realizing t his is isn't tab based. you think ill be alright? :)
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas