test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The little details count... a must read

jaratajarata Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I will attempt to make it TL;DR.

Great game. However, there is much work to do before this is even considered a balanced game.

Issue:
Mounts are a visual appeal & a utility, in the open world. However, PVP should strictly be skill based & gear based.
Solution:
All Mounts speed should strictly be a visual appeal in PVP rather than a utility for extra movement.
Strictly gear base & skill base.

Issue:
PVP vs PVE, latency issue.
Solution:
Create a way to balance out the latency problems. Every single second matters when it comes to ACTION MMORPG.

Issue:
Scrolls to Protectors Enclave.
Solution:
Why are you even torturing people to spend 4,000 PRECIOUS ASTRAL DIAMONDS just to go to PE? Set it a fair Gold currency and let it be the end of the Terry Fox runs down to PE. I am in PE 75% of the time and I'm expected to fork up 4k gold?

Issue:
Dyes and levels of customization, appearance wise.
Solution:
Make a Dye NPC that set a default amount of colors for clothing AND possibly make some sort of Profession that creates dyes.
Solution #2:
Fashion Clothes, more please. A lot more please. It doesn't even have to be all cool and armor like, making simple bunny head bands wouldn't hurt? I need to see females with nurse outfits or play boy bunny looks to appeal my eyes from the horrid Peasant Armors. This is a game of HIGH QUALITY GRAPHICS, why is it that I see so many of the same people. You walk by 95% of the community that could careless what you're wearing or what epic gears you have, or who you are, or what guild you're from.

Issue:
Leveled too fast.
Solution:
You guys create such beautiful worlds, however, I do not feel like I even want to bother to complete the Zones when I'm already at LVL 60. Increase the EXP caps from LVL 50-59, make it worth while. You'd see an increase of player involvement and enjoyment if they actually go through the Lore. You guys have VOICE NPC for God sakes, abuse it.

Issue:
Auction House UI
Solution:
Lots of minor bugs here, fix it please! Why is there a punishment for searching through AH, when going through Gateway provides none. This is really dumb. Providing a new UI feature where you're able to really specify your search. I'm rummaging through tons of equipment with similar stats throughout level 20-59 because of poor search function. It's 2013.

Issue:
More PVP content
Solution:
Every PVP-er is asking for it, give it up to us please. Domination just isn't cutting it. Especially with this Terry Fox marathon going on with extreme OP horse that's allowing everyone who purchases horses get more Points vs. those who have simple horses. Are free to play users getting punished for something? :/ I'm sorry - I thought this wasn't pay to win cause I just lost due to the fact that 75% of the players I play with have pay to win mounts.
Solution:
Capture the Flag, Duels, Raids, simple concept guys! Nothing fancy. It's BETA, so just have the system implemented already and don't reward players just in case there could be a bug.

Issue:
Quirky UI
Solution:
It's not bad, but whispering is seriously annoying, spammers are everywhere, buffs are not really displayed that well (constantly squinting to see if I proc buffs), name vanishes and you're forced to try to figure out if he/she is ally or enemy, ect. Please make it easy to navigate, visually see and appeal to us.

My final words,
Please, I don't want to make it any longer than it already is - Stop this madness, you guys are losing players and will honestly continue to lose players the more these types of garbage systems continue. Developers ABUSE this type of F2P system and do not even do it the right way.

There are probably TONS more issues, but I'm simply stating the ones that may result in complete revamps and changes to the game system. The Lore is amazing, the graphics are beyond what I expected, the content continues to grow, the community is decent but guilds do offer quite a few fortunate side of things.

The only thing keeping this game alive is the content that is being offered, Zen purchases, and a very cheerful community. The questions you guys really need to ask yourself -- Will this game honestly, no bias opinions, be successful in the following next year? What sets this game from future games coming out? Will it be TOO late to even justify for the mistakes that were made? Was BETA even a smart idea?

Sorry IF this was an offensive post, but I like this game, but I can't stand being punished in PVP cases due to players PAYING money just so they can have a huge advantage in PVP. I can't stand the little errors that continue to happen per patch. I'm tired of the long walks to PE because someone decided to charge ridiculous amounts of money for a scroll that would honestly save 10 minutes of someones precious life. Seriously, step up the game, it's 2013, quit playing these F2P system and make one that actually WORKS with the community and not against it.

At this moment, D&D and PWE both know that they're losing players, and even IF there has been a player increase recently, there is just no **** way that this game will even hit the margin of being the "next big thing". To me, this is just another MMORPG that just slightly shun out the rest but still bracket under the "typical MMO" genre.

Enjoy.
Post edited by jarata on

Comments

• Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did you just get the game last week? These issues have all been beaten to death already in several forums. Many items have been fixed, some still need attention and others, don't appeal to the entire community. Many of the items in your list are already being worked on. If you read the state of the game, patch notes etc. It's all there. Skim through the forums, you'll find a lot of the same things youve mentioned have already been addressed.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    You realize that at current market prices you can get your epic mount for considerably less AD than buying 2 pieces of your T2 set? stop crying and just save for an epic mount. Hell you could do surveys for like 1 hour and have an epic mount. I just don't understand when I see people riding around on the 5g mount, so incredibly easy to get a stormraider or whatever they're called. less than 1 hour of surveys seriously, try it.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, this actually has little to do with balance, and a lot to do with your opinion on the game.

Ok, as long as we're straight on that.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    litaaers wrote: »
    So, this actually has little to do with balance, and a lot to do with your opinion on the game.

Ok, as long as we're straight on that.

Wait what? So..... does this mean that I'm not allowed to voice my opinion.. or.... no one is allowed to? I don't get where you're coming from.
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    You realize that at current market prices you can get your epic mount for considerably less AD than buying 2 pieces of your T2 set? stop crying and just save for an epic mount. Hell you could do surveys for like 1 hour and have an epic mount. I just don't understand when I see people riding around on the 5g mount, so incredibly easy to get a stormraider or whatever they're called. less than 1 hour of surveys seriously, try it.

Read the post, mounts bonus movement speed should not alter PVP and be a changing factor in game events. Not everyone in NW will consider doing that survey. Keep in mind, you're more special than anyone else, therefore, not many people would normally do the survey, you're very special to take your time to do them for an hour.
    jeepin wrote: »
    Did you just get the game last week? These issues have all been beaten to death already in several forums. Many items have been fixed, some still need attention and others, don't appeal to the entire community. Many of the items in your list are already being worked on. If you read the state of the game, patch notes etc. It's all there. Skim through the forums, you'll find a lot of the same things youve mentioned have already been addressed.

I've been in this game long enough to give my suggestions & reviews.

These details are there since the beginning of the game my friend, when is this "rework" going to happen? Let me guess... eventually right?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jarata wrote: »
    Issue:
    More PVP content
    Solution:
    Everyone is asking for it, give it up to us please.

Perhaps you meant to say "Every pvp player is asking for it....", since there are a decent % of people who could care less (and would therefore rather than they spent their resources on other things...) /shrug
  • Options
    filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Issue 1) Mounts are just another "gear" in terms of game play.

Issue 2) This is not competitive PvP and never will be so latency is irrelevant.

Issue 3) Scrolls are useless, except maybe 2 PvE zones. Selling them for gold wont make them better.

Issue 4) Alchemy. I'm OK with outfits as long as it fits to lore and environment. No bunny costumes ffs.

Issue 5) So stop leveling too fast. Game is not forcing you to be lvl 60 in 2 days. :)

Issue 6) Agree, AH UI need some love

Issue 7) I like PvP games, but i don't think that PvP is major content in NW. I would rather see new Paragon paths and classes.

Issue 8) play with settings to be able see names etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Perhaps you meant to say "Every pvp player is asking for it....", since there are a decent % of people who could care less (and would therefore rather than they spent their resources on other things...) /shrug

:rolleyes: True words. I fixed it.

-cough- See PWE/D&D, errors can be fixed just that easily with a bit of attention & time.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for replying, I replied back.
    filc wrote: »
    Issue 1) Mounts are just another "gear" in terms of game play.
    Mounts are mounts, gears are gears. Gears are a offensive/defensive bonus. Mounts are a utility. There's a huge difference from getting from point A to B even if someone had all the best gears riding a horse vs. the peasant riding a spider.

Issue 2) This is not competitive PvP and never will be so latency is irrelevant.
    Action MMORPG PVP. Yes - it is a competitive PVP just by definition of a the term "PVP".

Issue 3) Scrolls are useless, except maybe 2 PvE zones. Selling them for gold wont make them better.
    Selling them for Gold would make it better. I don't see how selling it for AD is just the same as selling it for gold... LOL. Regardless, cheaper scrolls means a lot more time saving.

Issue 4) Alchemy. I'm OK with outfits as long as it fits to lore and environment. No bunny costumes ffs.
    Naw, bunny suits is a plus. Tiefling has a tail, you should be more afraid of that.

Issue 5) So stop leveling too fast. Game is not forcing you to be lvl 60 in 2 days. :)
    You know what I mean, jelly bean. To those who actually like the Lore & Voice overs. I'm already LVL before I even hit Wandering Whispers zone or whatever.

Issue 6) Agree, AH UI need some love

Issue 7) I like PvP games, but i don't think that PvP is major content in NW. I would rather see new Paragon paths and classes.
    Classes and Paragon Paths come in due time like almost all MMORPG's... but PVP IS a major content, please don't tell me I'm grinding on epic gears, to get the best stuff, just so I can PVE... some more for some more gears...kk I give up.

Issue 8) play with settings to be able see names etc.
  • Options
    filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ad 1) I repeat, mount is just another "gear" in terms of game play. It's just makes you "run" faster.

ad 2) No, it's not. PvP in NW is a joke. It's for fun, nothing competitive in it. No ranks, no guild battles, no ladder, nada ... If you play NW for PvP, I think you choose wrong game.

ad 3) No, it wont. They still be useless, unless the price is like 1 copper or they drop from mobs. They are just bait for you to spend AD atm. :)

ad 4) Yeah, we need ppl running in bunny suits! Can I have superman tshirt?

ad 5) If you don't do any skirmish, dungeon, pvp or foundry, you will be around lvl 58-59 iirc. I had to do some pvp to actually hit lvl 60.

ad 7) We wont agree on this. PvP is no major content in NW and never will be. I honestly think that you are playing wrong game.

ad 9) Yeah, you are playing wrong game. Don't get me wrong, I love PvP, but this game is not PvP game. PvP is just minor funny feature for pvp minority out there. Do not expect any progress there.
  • Options
    aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2013
    Issue:
    Leveled too fast.
    Solution:
    You guys create such beautiful worlds, however, I do not feel like I even want to bother to complete the Zones when I'm already at LVL 60. Increase the EXP caps from LVL 50-59, make it worth while. You'd see an increase of player involvement and enjoyment if they actually go through the Lore. You guys have VOICE NPC for God sakes, abuse it.

I agree with that.

I started the game not too long ago and I'm near 60 already granted that I do spend alot of time online but the level itself is not what's bothering me, the problem is that by the time I get to the final quest for a zone ( which is the dungeon quest) I'm usually 1-2 levels above the max. queue level which makes it even harder for me to find a party which is something that already takes ages.

Never thought I'd say this on any game but it'd be nice if I'd need more exp to level up.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Who would purchase a mount if they were not usable in PvP? I sit next to the mailbox in PE and Q for whatever I want to do from there 99% of the time. You have to let them make money somewhere, it is the people that buy zen that keep the game moving. Thank you to those that have 5 epic mounts, you keep my subscription fee 0 =)

I have spent money on the game as of recently though, PvP is a big thing that drives players to spend more on this game and more modes/maps should certainly be considered. I never needed to spend a dime to do PvE, no need. But since joining a PvP guild I've spent $50 on zen twice, and my guildmates have spent huge $$ just to not have to participate in PvE lol. Give the PvP'ers a bone as they are a large portion of your high paying customers.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wait what? So..... does this mean that I'm not allowed to voice my opinion.. or.... no one is allowed to? I don't get where you're coming from.

In your OP, you mentioned:
    Great game. However, there is much work to do before this is even considered a balanced game.

Then you went on to talk about things *you* want in the game. There is no correlation between the two, necessarily.

All I am saying is, don't justify your 'things I'd like to see' post under the banner of 'balance'. Most people would add the things *they* want to see, and call it *balanced*.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While you do present valid points, please be aware that per Rules of Conduct, P2W or "Pay To Win" discussions are not allowed due to their volatile nature and the fact they usually degenerate into back and forth flaming.

To that end, I have removed references to the subject from your post.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    filc wrote: »
    ad 1) I repeat, mount is just another "gear" in terms of game play. It's just makes you "run" faster.

ad 2) No, it's not. PvP in NW is a joke. It's for fun, nothing competitive in it. No ranks, no guild battles, no ladder, nada ... If you play NW for PvP, I think you choose wrong game.

ad 3) No, it wont. They still be useless, unless the price is like 1 copper or they drop from mobs. They are just bait for you to spend AD atm. :)

ad 4) Yeah, we need ppl running in bunny suits! Can I have superman tshirt?

ad 5) If you don't do any skirmish, dungeon, pvp or foundry, you will be around lvl 58-59 iirc. I had to do some pvp to actually hit lvl 60.

ad 7) We wont agree on this. PvP is no major content in NW and never will be. I honestly think that you are playing wrong game.

ad 9) Yeah, you are playing wrong game. Don't get me wrong, I love PvP, but this game is not PvP game. PvP is just minor funny feature for pvp minority out there. Do not expect any progress there.

Yes this is the basic reason people play games.Fun.

PvP in this game is true is not considered much,but the combat is very nice and entertaining.Other games have much more pvp options/modes as well as ranks more rewards more ''competition'' but in the end you play for fun.
    About pvp not being a major content,at first i thought same,but what i noticed at least on my server pvp is always running no matter what event is going....and the que time is almost instant most of the times (unless there is dd but still you do not wait more than 1 min in most cases..)

So even when pvp here is kinda ''ignored'' considering only few maps and only 1 mode many people like it.
    Imo this game really fun combat and it would be shame if they didnt add some extra pvp content.

1 idea that would be really nice in terms of fun would be foundry pvp.Player made pvp maps where you can choose what kind of pvp match you want. Example 5vs5 or 10vs10 20vs20 etc and if capture the flag or just kills~.
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, first off, I don't have problem with all the points made, just a few of them:

First off, things like bunny suits (and I think someone mentioned Superman t-shirts), are not present in the lore of Faerun, and therefor hardly relevant to be added. Tieflings have tails because of lorically relevant events that have happened.

Now, about PvP, I think it's not a major part of the game, and that's fine, as this is a D&D inspired game, and D&D is hardly PvP as well. I'm fine with them introducing new PvP content, but I think PvE should be central in this game. If you want PvP to be core, you're playing the wrong game.
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bugged text will redo
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    THE BANE OF MIXED PVP PVE GAMES IS THE RELENTLESS, DESTRUCTIVE HABIT OF UNHAPPY PLAYERS TO BLAME THEIR OWN FAILURES ON THE GAME

If you want balanced PVP in this game stick to the LVL 19 tier. There are no mounts and equipment there is a non-issue. The extreme requirements of higher level end game content makes the presence of PVP unbalancing gear in the game inevitable. The last update addressed so many issues loudly complained about by PVP players that much of the PVE endgame content is either broken, not worth the players time, or completely beyond the capabilities of new players. The fact that so called 'premade' PVP teams...set to function as a meatgrinding unit...the style preferred by most PVP regulars, could be completely compromised by a node soloing, fast moving GWF, or a stealthy TR , dealing damage from range, was portrayed as the fault of the game rather than the strategy and team concept of the offended players.

PVE players are more interested in building characters and getting nice loot . A week or two's relaxed play should garner a good player a top level character that he can easily outfit, and then maybe re-outfit if his first concept wasn't good enough in a set of T1 epic worthy gear. At a reasonable market price. Grudging the other guy his gear is not only not on the menu, its not even in his best interest. When Valindra comes to call you want that 12.5 k GS guy on your team. There is a huge divide here in player preferences.

So two of my favorite LVL 60 guys are on the shelf. The TR I'll just respect for executioner when I get the ADs, follow the herd, far less a Trickster /Rogue than a Streetfighter or Mugger. Yippee. My GWF still does nicely for soloing foundry content, but is no longer suitable for epics or, sadly, PVP and I don't see that to be worth fixing at this time. Drawing a bunch of agro without Slam( 60% nerf) to help your blade whittle down the adds is largely ineffective, and it becomes suicidal when US bugs. Off-tanking is now passe'. If the CWs can't bag em up and knock em over the side the party is in for a real grind. And my CW is maxed out income wise from professions, so until I can get others' skills up to 20, there is little profit in sending him out.

Too many changes, too fast, too many bugs, too many broken play styles. So I don't want to see another list of changes like yours until all the things bugged and broken from the FOFW update are fixed. Many of my friends are gone and PUGs for dungeons put you at the mercy of a que system crippled by a player shortage that often sends you to solo instances, duos, or farm teams in progress that don't want a fifth wheel. So Im just kicking back, running leadership and crafting for a bit of income and talking up the game in the forums. When things get fixed I'll come back to teaming and serious play. Right now, my toons are on vacation and my wallet is closed for business till they get this mess straightened out.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    No D&D fundamentals.

A bizarre obsession with class balancing that renders toons for the most part.... all the same..

No in game DMs to stimulate RP into the game content.

No D20 system.

Its fun, for a while. But it loses value over time due to many reasons, the above being the most critical to me. I dont think the game can be "fixed", only hope a new actual D&D game Is soon released. :)
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    loled at the bunny head band in D&D if u want cute game go play my little pony online or something
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    gek1956 wrote: »
    THE BANE OF MIXED PVP PVE GAMES IS THE RELENTLESS, DESTRUCTIVE HABIT OF UNHAPPY PLAYERS TO BLAME THEIR OWN FAILURES ON THE GAME

If you want balanced PVP in this game stick to the LVL 19 tier. There are no mounts and equipment there is a non-issue. The extreme requirements of higher level end game content makes the presence of PVP unbalancing gear in the game inevitable. The last update addressed so many issues loudly complained about by PVP players that much of the PVE endgame content is either broken, not worth the players time, or completely beyond the capabilities of new players. The fact that so called 'premade' PVP teams...set to function as a meatgrinding unit...the style preferred by most PVP regulars, could be completely compromised by a node soloing, fast moving GWF, or a stealthy TR , dealing damage from range, was portrayed as the fault of the game rather than the strategy and team concept of the offended players.

PVE players are more interested in building characters and getting nice loot . A week or two's relaxed play should garner a good player a top level character that he can easily outfit, and then maybe re-outfit if his first concept wasn't good enough in a set of T1 epic worthy gear. At a reasonable market price. Grudging the other guy his gear is not only not on the menu, its not even in his best interest. When Valindra comes to call you want that 12.5 k GS guy on your team. There is a huge divide here in player preferences.

So two of my favorite LVL 60 guys are on the shelf. The TR I'll just respect for executioner when I get the ADs, follow the herd, far less a Trickster /Rogue than a Streetfighter or Mugger. Yippee. My GWF still does nicely for soloing foundry content, but is no longer suitable for epics or, sadly, PVP and I don't see that to be worth fixing at this time. Drawing a bunch of agro without Slam( 60% nerf) to help your blade whittle down the adds is largely ineffective, and it becomes suicidal when US bugs. Off-tanking is now passe'. If the CWs can't bag em up and knock em over the side the party is in for a real grind. And my CW is maxed out income wise from professions, so until I can get others' skills up to 20, there is little profit in sending him out.

Too many changes, too fast, too many bugs, too many broken play styles. So I don't want to see another list of changes like yours until all the things bugged and broken from the FOFW update are fixed. Many of my friends are gone and PUGs for dungeons put you at the mercy of a que system crippled by a player shortage that often sends you to solo instances, duos, or farm teams in progress that don't want a fifth wheel. So Im just kicking back, running leadership and crafting for a bit of income and talking up the game in the forums. When things get fixed I'll come back to teaming and serious play. Right now, my toons are on vacation and my wallet is closed for business till they get this mess straightened out.

Well said.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1) Mounts are part of your gear.

2) Fixing latency would be nice.

3) Getting to PE is quick and easy from everywhere. No change needed.

4) Dyes are fine as is. It's a good zen shop item as it is simply cosmetic. Bunny and nurse costumes do not belong in this game.

5) Leveling is fine as is. If you find it too quick slow it down by not doing leadership that gives XP.

6) An auction house that works well would be nice.

7) More PvP content would be nice for PvP fans.

8) Spammers have nothing to do with the UI, and can easily be put on ignore.