test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enemy AI vs Companion AI

wordward730wordward730 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Why don't they incorporate enemy AI to Companions? They seem more intelligent than Companion AI, the range enemies\caster enemies seems to know that they should kite like those teleporting ones, same with walking on traps. wWhen a trap is present they seem to avoid it but my companion walks over it and stays on it wtf.
Post edited by wordward730 on

Comments

• trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    its not their priority
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why don't they incorporate enemy AI to Companions? They seem more intelligent than Companion AI, the range enemies\caster enemies seems to know that they should kite like those teleporting ones, same with walking on traps. wWhen a trap is present they seem to avoid it but my companion walks over it and stays on it wtf.

Companion AI isn't great, but traps can be used tactically in combat with enemies. In the Whispering Caverns storyline dungeons they are very useful, particularly for squishies. Taking the time to position yourself before a fight allows you to minimize potion use. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• wordward730wordward730 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, I use traps tactically also, I push higher hp enemies towards those spike floor traps and run around them, that is why I noticed how dumb the companion AI is. They should put it in their priority list since they sell those companions for a hefty price, the least they can do is make them even slightly useful.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Use augment companions instead. The AI for companions is jun and will probably always stay junk. The augmentation companions augment your character with higher stats.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    enemy AI is bad too, they always stand in my red AoE :P