test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zoom in and out possible ?

neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Is there a way to zoom in and out during gameplay ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    type, /gfxsetdefaultfov 80

That should do it. It doesn't scroll, but it sets it back. Play around with 70 or 90. I think 50 is "normal."
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    type, /gfxsetdefaultfov 80

That should do it. It doesn't scroll, but it sets it back. Play around with 70 or 90. I think 50 is "normal."

Ahhh Okay, so it doesn't let you zoom in and out while playing you have to set what camera zoom you want.

Thanks for answering my nube question, appreciate it.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ahhh Okay, so it doesn't let you zoom in and out while playing you have to set what camera zoom you want.

I don't thiiiiiink so. Never found a way myself...? I was content with simply setting the camera back. *shrug*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wrote a sort of tutorial on how to do this, some time back. Follow the link below:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?209522-Instructions-to-set-up-your-mousewheel-for-camera-zoom
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Yes you can , and the easiest way i have found to do this is bind keys to certain camera settings.

Type in chat: /bind 7 "gfxsetdefaultfov 55"
    Which is the default camera setting

Then type in chat: /bind 8 "gfxsetdefaultfov 65"
    which is slightly zoomed out view

type in chat : /bind 9 "gfxsetdefaultfov 80"
    which is zoomed out a fair amount and good for large open areas

Dont forget to hit ENTER after each line is typed, and type exactly as i have wrote in bold

Setting up like this you can hit keys 7, 8 or 9 while questing or in cambat and can instantly zoom out, hitting 7 zooms you back in to default anytime you wish

Doing this will bind the settings to keys, which you can hit while playing and in combat and will instantly zoom you veiw either out or in.

The default setting is 55, any number higher, will zoom out, and vise versa any number lower than 55 zooms closer

Note: this is a custom key bind setting for each character, so only saves per character, you will have to re type in these binds for each character you use and they will save for that character.

You can set it up to work from your mouse scroll wheel also but this does get rarther complicated and imo my way of doing it is far easier and works perfect, i did try setting up veiw with mouse scroll wheel it took quite a while to set up and the end result was not a smooth scroll in and out, but a 'jerky' zoom, and i found with this method i was accidently zooming in and out while in normal combat due to the sensitivity of my scroll wheel, hence binding certain settings to set key binds was far better and had no problems at all with it