test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Award Astral Diamonds for defeated bosses

zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They has been a drastic increase in disgruntled players since the BoP fix, however its not really the BoP thats the issue, the issue it running challenging dungeons all the time and walking away empty handed with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Additionally most side bosses in dungeouns are compleately ignored and bypassed due to no incentive to do them.

I think its about time they was a global Astral Diamond award each time you defeat a boss, amount you get could depend on the dungeoun difficulty.

eg
300 AD for each T1 side boss, 500 AD for main boss.
500 AD for T2 side boss, 800 for main boss.
800 AD for T2.5 side boss, 1200 AD for a main boss.

With this permanent award they be more incentive to do dungeouns freqently, plus they will be player progression even if they is no drops for them, the rewards are small enough not to cripple economy, but enough to make a difference.
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited September 2013
    I think there is incentive enough now with the dungeons and there are enough ways to get AD currently.
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    sakiz105sakiz105 Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2013
    more ways to get ad? are you mad??
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    marciooh wrote: »
    I think there is incentive enough now with the dungeons and there are enough ways to get AD currently.

they plenty daily for AD perhaps, dungeouns however is NOT a way to get AD, even in delves the chest is usually a blue bound item you can't sell, so most people who do dungeouns come away with less than they went in with, especially if they used potion on hard content.

Reaching a point now where lot people just don't see the point of dungeoun runs anymore.

And you really shouldn't be forced to wait for a delve event to open a chest with blue loot either, i meant they enough blue loot from trash, we don't need it from final dungeoun chests.

They prob be better allowing you to buy a key for gold to open the chest
  • Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited September 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    they plenty daily for AD perhaps, dungeouns however is NOT a way to get AD, even in delves the chest is usually a blue bound item you can't sell, so most people who do dungeouns come away with less than they went in with, especially if they used potion on hard content.

Reaching a point now where lot people just don't see the point of dungeoun runs anymore.

And you really shouldn't be forced to wait for a delve event to open a chest with blue loot either, i meant they enough blue loot from trash, we don't need it from final dungeoun chests.

They prob be better allowing you to buy a key for gold to open the chest

I agree on the key thing, the blue drop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and the BoP issues. But AD, no need to put that in more than now.
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    with the old way, i had to somehow acquire an item of value in order to make enough AD to buy the things that i wanted to get my characters into good gear.

the way things are today, i can still acquire items of value through farming although i was never really one to grind DDs for gear to sell. i'm actually making a steady flow of income through leadership, rhix's and lord neverember's daily quests and through salvaging the off piece of epic gear that i might get from gnarlroot or the fey witch or now the new malabog area. i can also do GG, PVP and/or any kind of coin farming to purchase low level epic gear for the purpose of salvaging it for rough AD. so basically, i now have somewhat of a steady income depending on how active i am in-game. if i do the minimum, i can still pull in 7-10k per day from professions through the gateway. now, this isn't going to make me a millionaire overnight. but you could be one in 42 days if you spent nothing and started with nothing.

you still have the ability to farm skill nodes to make rank 7s and above... while those have gone down in price due to undercutters trying to make a fast sale, they can still reel you in way more than 24k.

i think if more players are avoiding DDs and dungeon runs in general, we'll have some new incentives coming. what that could be, i do not know. perhaps the daily dungeon will rotate instead of being the dread vault all the time. and maybe there'll be a daily for skirmishes. that might not be the right answer, but it will be a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    g4tt0g4tt0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not a bad idea, but it would have to be actual AD reward (not rough) and it would have to be higher than 1.8k AD per T2 dungeon. Nobody would bother runing T2 for that award...
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yes nothing to show for time is the problem with dungeons and how BoP was implemented.
    The rewards would need to be much higher tho... like 25k AD for final boss. Enough to make people think twice before quitting. Not rough AD either, that would solve nothing.
    Reward zero AD for mini boss otherwise people will just farm the mini boss.

Something needs to change.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yes! Those 1800 rough AD's are totally going to keep me coming back to do T2's all day, not the 600k that T2 is selling for right now...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Yes! Those 1800 rough AD's are totally going to keep me coming back to do T2's all day, not the 600k that T2 is selling for right now...

For a start I never said Rough, secondly bumping up AD per run too much will make other AD efforts somewhat pointless, drops are too random and many will do 100s runs without drops

By adding AD to boss, you essetial giving equivelent of a repetable daily with no limits as to how often you can run it, and it wont hurt your rough AD limitations either.

Dungeouns should still be more about the loot, the AD award is just gesture to all who join the run and perhaps don't get lucky with the drops.

Couple this with a cycling daily which is needed, it will be a awful lot better than compleate nothing for a run.

Also most dungeouns have more than couple of bosses, even cloak tower has 2 small boss and final boss, cragmire has least 3 small boss and final boss