test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gwfs, are we all in agreement about slam?

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Militia Barracks
at level 60, this daily is now COMPLETELY worthless

use for aggro? by the time the mobs are aggrod to you they're dead

use in pvp? just dash/port out of it or laugh at the 130-200 dmg ticks from it

talk about an OVER nerf, just sayin...
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    From what I have seen almost all GWFs have taken slam off there rotation..

The devs said these changes should help the GWF in pve and what we got last patch

*nerfed our best daily to a point of it being useless
    *major nerf to deflect
    *even bigger nerf to unstoppable
    *momunmental nerf to AP gain.. Making the class gain AP around only 30% of the rate of other classes
    *dps nerf

And they said they were helping GWfs lol

Now that's its obvious they wrecked the class...
    They refuse to respond to the feedback

Bunch of clowns
  • dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yeah thier so called balance patch from the feywild ironically imbalanced everything about the classes.

I said before the game was more balanced than it has ever been. Them trying to do that has completely wrecked so many things.
  • holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While I'm missing the damage, I still use Slam because I'm just not impressed with any of the other GWF AoE Daily powers. Spinning Strike, which is supposed to be be the AoE damage daily for GWF is almost worthless with one knockback from either the CW or DC. Which I have seen happen a way too many times.
    It's just easier to use Slam for the big circle of So-so AoE damage and not have to nag the CW or DC not to use their knock back abilities while picking up all the adds.
  • rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    I slammed my Slam to the dumpster
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    holsac wrote: »
    While I'm missing the damage, I still use Slam because I'm just not impressed with any of the other GWF AoE Daily powers. Spinning Strike, which is supposed to be be the AoE damage daily for GWF is almost worthless with one knockback from either the CW or DC. Which I have seen happen a way too many times.
    It's just easier to use Slam for the big circle of So-so AoE damage and not have to nag the CW or DC not to use their knock back abilities while picking up all the adds.

this is pretty much true, for your 2nd daily, if you're going AOE, you can choose anyone you want i guess, even though i rarely use it, i'm usually using Spinning Strike for pve, i almost never use an aoe daily in pvp

spinning strike in pvp? lawls@ ur cc immune, just punt you out of range

avalanche in pvp? they can just time it so they dodge/port/roll out of it or dodge/immune to it

wtb response from devs for the love of all that is good?
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I still use it. It's definitely noticeably worse at this point, but the slow feature still helps a lot in PvP. Avalanche of Steel, well, it's just still too **** obvious. It's SOOOO easy to get out of that AOE before it hits. It's okay in PvE, but overall I'm pretty disappointed in what they've done. It's so ****ing obvious what they need to do with it. Poor Instigator and Destroyer are basically blah classes overall. I refuse to give up on mine, because I built it as I liked it without the help of a guide from the get-go. Sentinel was basically a ****ing joke and everyone ripped on it, then the devs BUFFED THE **** OUT OF IT, making it one of two most annoying PvP classes in the entire game. I'm not saying nerf that, but Inst and Dest definitely need some love for once. Destroyer, for example, is simple, it should be slightly squishy but dealing SICK TR-like damage. That's all it should be, like a berserker of antiquity, it needs to deal serious damage so you fear getting hit by it. With really, really good enchants you can kind of, sort of get there, but it's not nearly what it should be, at all.
  • belprahbelprah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The ups and downs of our AoE dailies at the moment, while ignoring our AP generation, focusing on PvE only.

Slam
    Good:
    - Allows you to keep attacking with your normal rotation, keeping SotS and weapon debuffs up on everything, while maintaining Destroyer/Weapon Master on yourself.
    - Can pop Unstoppable at any time.
    - Some utility.
    Bad:
    - Lame damage that can't crit and can't proc anything.
    - Appears to have a target cap, at least damage-wise. Not sure if the slow/reduced attack debuffs have a cap limit, but I'm assuming they do.
    - Slam's damage by itself doesn't build Determination, if you have Destroyer's Purpose.

Spinning Strike
    Good:
    - Deals 6 attacks in 4 seconds, which can crit and proc Steel Blitz. If you get lucky, you can see some very pretty numbers on the screen. I'd argue that, with no "reduced damage for more targets" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it can be better than Slam + Unstoppable + at-will spam for damage in some situations.
    - Builds Determination if you have Destroyer's Purpose. Makes for good synergy with Unstoppable. You are guaranteed to successfully cast it right as Unstoppable ends and if you hit 5 mobs consistently, by the time Spinning Strike is done you can be Unstoppable again immediately.
    - Fast attack and guaranteed deflection may make it synergize greatly with Elven Ferocity (chance to deal additional damage when hitting enemies) and Fey Thistle (deal damage whenever you deflect).

Bad:
    - Daily attacks don't count as debuffing moves. SotS and some weapon enchant debuffs will expire by the time it's done.
    - Feature buffs are wiped - if you use Destroyer/Weapon Master, the stacks disappear the moment cast is done. According to an old thread, this also applies to the 4 pc set bonus of Vigilant Warlord.
    - Some mobs have moves that can interrupt your supposedly "cc immune" Spinning Strike.
    - Also has a 5 target cap. :D

Avalanche of Steel
    Good:
    - No target cap. Can hit 5 targets, can hit 50. The more targets there are on the screen, the better it becomes and the higher chance of Steel Blitz. The best way to see its potential is to go to the 'AoE test pit' foundry with full AP meter and use it straight away, aiming to land in the middle of the pit. You'll die almost instantly, but you'll have a jaw-dropping time viewing pages upon pages of damage dealt and Blitz Procs.
    - Immune to damage for 3 seconds while in the air. If that lets you build Instigator capstone stacks, all the better, you'll strike the mobs with 50% additional Power.
    - Damage builds Determination with Destroyer's Purpose. I've had a case where I've gone from 0% to 100% instantly, impossible to do with other dailies, I don't think.
    - Good synergy with Steel Defense - activates after you land, making the total count of seconds of damage immunity even greater. Why you'd have that feature slotted when wanting to deal damage is another topic, of course.
    - Some utility with the prone.

Bad:
    - Gone "in the air" for too long. All stacks on you and all debuffs on mobs created by you will expire by the time you land.

In my opinion, it may be good to have all dailies maxed and swap them according to the situation:
    - 5-ish mobs with average health? Spinning Strike for max burst damage to take them down fast. Stacks and debuffs don't really count when mobs are dead anyway.
    - 5-ish mobs with tons of health? Slam to keep debuffs up for party to wear them down.
    - A TON of mobs? Avalanche of Steel to deal insane damage, even if spread out across many targets.
  • samuraim0samuraim0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 87
    edited September 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    From what I have seen almost all GWFs have taken slam off there rotation..

The devs said these changes should help the GWF in pve and what we got last patch

*nerfed our best daily to a point of it being useless
    *major nerf to deflect
    *even bigger nerf to unstoppable
    *momunmental nerf to AP gain.. Making the class gain AP around only 30% of the rate of other classes
    *dps nerf

And they said they were helping GWfs lol

Now that's its obvious they wrecked the class...
    They refuse to respond to the feedback

Bunch of clowns

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

cryptic hates GWF
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ^^ Nono, like others will try to tell u.. majority of us dont know how to play the class. U need to destroy your mouse (and keyboard) to do it right, they've buffed your battle fury u see. The bug that was animation cancelling now is a feature of the class and the muppets are rly proud of it. Why do i have to play like that? no clue!! other classes are doing fine without. Try like this: slot charge, battle fury and shout(IBS if your dps), use animation canceling on WMS and u'll see stamina 100% up and build ap twice as fast. It is clearly intended so: Happy pushing! =)) Think they;ll have mouses and keyboards soon on zen shop for gwf players, dont u worry!!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I still use it as my main Daily as none of the others have really sold me on their usefulness as much as the Slow/Damage Resistance buff (Not sure that is actually working though!) from the change.

It's far from perfect, but it is useful. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • piku247piku247 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same, still using Slam and ofc now its worst then before update but more painfull for me was Stamina nerf.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    For PvP at least I actually use crescendo now as full tank GWF heh. Sure the damage reduction and slow on slam is nice but I mainly used it to catch up to and finish off squishies as I can easily tank 3 players without the damage reduction ;)

At least crescendo offers me a ~1.5 second stun + ~1.5 second prone and some damage (lol usually like 7k on a crit) but again I'm not build for damage. Oh and being CC immune during the animation can be nice, cause if there are 3 I get constantly CC'd while trying to finish one off.

Edit: I believe the damage reduction is working Kolat, at least in PvP I notice that I can take a lot more of a beating while it's active, don't know if it's exactly 15% or anything though.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.