test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why cant i see my character when using alteration wiz

chrishugsyouchrishugsyou Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
why cant i see my character when using alteration wiz
Post edited by chrishugsyou on

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I took a female tiefling character into the Alteration shop and had the same problem. Tried relogging and changing outfits etc., but couldn't get it to work properly.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• chrishugsyouchrishugsyou Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tried doing that still cant
    edited September 2013
    can someone help me?!
  • kireshaikireshai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I, also, cannot see my character when trying to use the alteration wizard, but I seem to be able to see her eyebrows. Which makes no sense.
    edited September 2013
    yea that happen to me also
    edited September 2013
    GM hello????????
  • fennelfennel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, it's starting to feel like no one is listening...
  • sylpheidsylpheid Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm having the same issue on a female Teifling. >.< Tried everything I could think of...
  • fennelfennel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any ETA on a fix incoming for this? It's no longer the weekend, so I was realllllly hoping that someone would acknowledge the problem and let us know it'll be included in repairs of the next patch.
  • glanngalladglanngallad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yep......no one is listening. Cryptic has better things to do I guess.
  • geebrixgeebrix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seriously wondering why i play a game that when you spend real $ on it they just ignore you when you've found an issue with a purchasable item. Its NOT that hard to just respond with a simple post saying that the problem has been noted and will be worked on. Your literally blowing customers. If one thing that I purchase is neglectfully glitchy, and no one is doing anything to fix it or inform the players its being fixed, why in the WORLD would I want to spend another dime on your company??????
  • nickerosenickerose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I also have this issue. Blah. Guess we'll have to wait until it is fixed.
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here, male human toon. Whole character shows up for about a blink's worth of time, then just floating eyebrows.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Joining in. Today i went to alteration wiz to simply change my hairstyle so it wont clip with my new transmuted headpiece. I had the same problem, can't see my character. Though i see shadow on the left, and my mainhands weapon enchant glowing. Looking forward to a fix.
  • magessamagessa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here. All I can see is a pair of eyebrows. The rest simply isn't there, which makes alteration impossible.
    Considering that this is a paid-for service... Fix it! Please.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just because nobody replies to you, does not mean that nobody is listening. As with a lot of things in life, it takes time to make fixes when things go wrong, so please bear with us and normal service will be resumed.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
    edited September 2013
    I would think a quick reply is even easier than the fix. The reply preceding the fix would reassure us the fix was, in fact, arriving. Replies and fixes are lovely things.
  • geebrixgeebrix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just a response from a moderator so that we know the problem has been noticed is all I wanted :). Didn't want to spend $ without any sign of if it was actually worth it or not. Thanks Ceryndrion for the update.
  • resonance0resonance0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just going to drop in on this thread and report that with the patch today, the services in the Tower of Alteration have not been resolved. This appears to happen across any character, race or class included and is not due to a hiccup in how the game's client starts up, having restarted both my computer and the client several times to no avail.

My own thoughts on what this could be due to is a calibration issue with the positioning of the character when viewed in the customization screen - minus the eyebrows - meaning you have that split second to view your character before it becomes terribly shy and scrams off your screen. Another possibility is once again something to do with the positioning of the character going <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-up, but this time they may not have moved an inch. It may be that the character itself has fled behind a layer of background imagery because somewhere along the line, something changed therefore the coding then decided to do as it pleased. It happens.

I'm no expert and I may even be incorrect in my assumptions, but if it is either of these two - I've encountered this in other games and their mention may earn the devs some patience while this is sorted. They can be a bit of a pain to fix, or not. Granted it's still not working folks, you do the math. ;)
  • whatefwhatef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Yup, I also have this problem. Bought a token, went to the Alteration tower, and in the character customisation window my character is invisible. This means I can't use the change appearance function at all because I can't tell how my changes are going to turn out. I guess I should search the forums ever time I consider spending money on this game, because it might be bugged. Lesson learned, I'm not spending another dime on this game until this is fixed.

And like people above have said, it is nice to have someone at least acknowledge the problem. This game has lots of issues, but when people can't even use something bought for real money they deserve a bit of consideration. Apparently this problem has been around for a while and ignoring it makes it look like PW doesn't care about their paying customers. Just someone saying "we've noticed this problem and it will be fixed in due time" makes people feel a lot more at ease and costs no effort at all.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey everyone - thanks for letting us know! We're investigating!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • lonewolfcublonewolfcub Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yup same thing happening to all my toons.. :<
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can see my character on the test shard now, so hopefully this is fixed with the next patch.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • anon003anon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone - thanks for letting us know! We're investigating!

Thanks Sominator....
  • tymx84tymx84 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    still not working
  • tymx84tymx84 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still bugged.
  • tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ive changed my char about 2 weeks ago and had no problems with it at all, female tiefling.