test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Geforce experience question

neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For those who are running a NVidia graphics card and using the GeForce experience app, for some reason Geforce is telling me it is unable to optimize Neverwinter although Neverwinter is listed and supported.

This seems odd to me since Geforce successfully optimized all of my other games that are listed. Anyone else experiencing this ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Don't force your graphic card to optimize any settings for you.Trust me you would regret it.
  • neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Don't force your graphic card to optimize any settings for you.Trust me you would regret it.

Geforce experience does it for you. It finds the best optimization settings for the game and applies the settings through the app, you don't do anything.
  • rylanstormrylanstorm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    GeForce Experience is a bag of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It pushes the settings up too high on all games and really stretches the card beyond its ability. As a result you get poor frame rates.

With Neverwinter it was excessive. It set my settings so high that it dropped the frame rate on my 5700 to about 20-35 FPS.
  • neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rylanstorm wrote: »
    GeForce Experience is a bag of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It pushes the settings up too high on all games and really stretches the card beyond its ability. As a result you get poor frame rates.

With Neverwinter it was excessive. It set my settings so high that it dropped the frame rate on my 5700 to about 20-35 FPS.

Is that right. I wonder if GeForce has something to do with the lag and low fps I get when playing Tera.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Set your Rendering bar to max, and your graphic bar to mid. From the in-game video settings.

Then show the "Advanced Video Settings", and disable AA and set Visual FX & Shadow quality to Medium. That should speed up things for you.
  • hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ge force expiriance doesent only use your graphic card to determine your recomended settings it uses most of your config. In my case i didnt have any problems with the opimization it recomended for any game i own,and dont have a problem with neverwinter optimization but u suspect that the problem may occur cause they changed some settings in the game and in geforce experiance are still the old ones. I think the problem are aa and max shader quality.