test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elven Battle Enchantment

macinaossamacinaossa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
edited May 2014 in The Library
Anyone know if this new enchant it is working as intended or it is broken ?
Any info about how the % of resistance to cc from this enchant is added to your base resistance to cc?
Btw i can't find anything about resistance to cc in my character window but the % added by WIS that is really low
Anyone have more info about this enchant that seem to be the perfect counter to any cc ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I sometimes wonder how people read? Where did you find, that this ench reduces all CC?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Perfect Elven Battle Enchantment: "You are 200% more resistant to slows and immobilizes. Their duration is reduced."

So the question is, what CW powers immobilize? Does it mean stun, choke, freeze, some or all?

Questions, questions...
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Immobilize and slow means "root to the ground" (Icy Rays for CW) and "movement speed reduction" (Chill effect for CW) respectively. It's obvious for everyone, who has even a little experiense in RPG games.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Immobilize and slow means "root to the ground" (Icy Rays for CW) and "movement speed reduction" (Chill effect for CW) respectively. It's obvious for everyone, who has even a little experiense in RPG games.

But also having little experience with Cryptic, means you NEVER go with what the tooltip/description say. The bigger question is, why are you always hostile and condescending?! lol
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    aitorraitorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Imo, sound like a perfect solution for CW's on my cleric, i'll have to get a perfect.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Someone in my guild had a lot of problem yesterday with EF on a GF. The GF was not getting chocked most of the time (guard was off) and when the choke was working was really for a little duration . So the enchant seem working also on EF
    I would like to know more about this enchant before investing in it but it is really a problem find 10 ppl on preview to make arena start

PS if someone want to run some test on preview about this enchantment i'm willing to help
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Does your EF was deflected (broken arrow near hit numbers)? I noticed, that CC duration also affected by deflect severity. Thats why most melee classes (exceptionally TRs) are so slippery. And thats why I'm running with all DPS spells on my bar most of times.
    copticone wrote: »
    But also having little experience with Cryptic, means you NEVER go with what the tooltip/description say. The bigger question is, why are you always hostile and condescending?! lol
    For first part of your question - foresight. For second - arrogance. Is that enough?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

For second - arrogance. Is that enough?

Well, at least you admit it.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Does your EF was deflected (broken arrow near hit numbers)? I noticed, that CC duration also affected by deflect severity. Thats why most melee classes (exceptionally TRs) are so slippery. And thats why I'm running with all DPS spells on my bar most of times.

For first part of your question - foresight. For second - arrogance. Is that enough?

Was not my ef so idk but the guy that reported this thing is playing since the start of the game so if he is speaking about something new happened i don't think that his ef were deflected because that a spell can be dodged or deflected it is not new
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited September 2013

Means??? like fact?? or you just made that up??..Everything you post is to belittle or plain insult other players... and CMs couldnt care less about the vitrol ppl like you bring to the forums...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Insult? Did I call someone "stupid" or somewhat like this? Or belittle, where it is? Term "immobilize" in the most of RPGs means "root", term "slow" means slowing of attack or movement speed. This terms are obvious.
  • Options
    r0bir0ttenr0bir0tten Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Means??? like fact?? or you just made that up??..Everything you post is to belittle or plain insult other players... and CMs couldnt care less about the vitrol ppl like you bring to the forums...
    I agree 100% !!!! I read through these forums every now and then and I cant help but to notice the surplus amounts of babble coming out of his posts. He may be right, hey may be wrong but whenever I see one of his posts it is usually in a negative connotation.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Insult? Did I call someone "stupid" or somewhat like this? Or belittle, where it is? Term "immobilize" in the most of RPGs means "root", term "slow" means slowing of attack or movement speed. This terms are obvious.

I can insult someone all day long without using the word "stupid". Being condescending is a form of insult, especially when it is non-stop. You may call it arrogance, and maybe even think it is something to be proud of, but the rest see it for what it is.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Going back ot a TR of my guild that have the enchantment slotted said that it works agaisnt EF. Any other have better info?
  • Options
    verilosverilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    Some people expect cryptic to create an entirely new mechanic for a new enchant when they could just fit it into an existing mechanic. The most likely explanation is that Elven Battle somehow increases control resistance since it's already a thing. The question is by how much.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Erm... i play alot of RPGs and i find this far from obvious. And i think you mean movement impaired (which would cover roots and slows)

I could be one of those people kerro would deem stupid because I assume immobilise means stun (aka paralyze), and root (though theres so few roots in this game).

This is because there are alot of stun related talents (+something vs stun) which includes EF. (not sure if frozen is classed as stun in game mechanic terms because it breaks quicker on damage)

Prone seems to be a different status though (since theres + damage vs prone feats for some classes).
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know two people who have the (normal) Elven Battle on Mindflayer. It proccs once in a while. Surely, the intention is for it to work non-stop. If it proccs (the normal one!), you don't even feel the entangling. It also works against smoke bombs, chill, icy rays stun. It does not work if a GF is kicking you around like a rag doll.

I have the perfect one and it doesn't work at all. It is 100 % broken. Not a single procc. If you feel like investing in it (in case it gets fixed one day), I'm up for trading it for a Perfect Soulforged (Mindflayer).
  • Options
    hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    meldan3n wrote: »
    It does not work if a GF is kicking you around like a rag doll.

This is funny!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.NOLIFEGAMER.com
    Play: PILLAGER* of the DEAD! By: Hempy NW-DNV3R9B4J
    ~HEMPY'S CRIT-GEN GUARDIAN FIGHTER BUILD~
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had a Normal Elven Enchant on my GF, I noticed no difference in any CC. Now maybe I just wasn't aware, but it seemed it wasn't doing anything?
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!