test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neck/Ring/Waist

officermashaofficermasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Library
Hey hello all,

I just made nice build for my CW.. and I must say, I really need more CRIT and POWER.. I cant make any more difference with my HV set, ancient main/off hand, gemmed shirt/pants.. But I can make some difference with neck, rings and waist, since I have them for month without change..

Whats best gear for CW? Need more CRIT/POWER/armor pene
My stats info.
TEHOyMl.jpg
Post edited by officermasha on

Comments

• deminist56deminist56 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Neck: ancient excorcist neck of blesssing
    Ring: pyrotechnic band x2
    Waist:Either ancient fugitive belt of revolt or a blue offensive slot belt with 243 armpen/133 crit or 243 crit/133armpen
    Armpen~dark enchantment for offensive slot
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, you need Armor Pen badly. Get it over 1000 at least. Recovery can cap a little over 3,000. Not much need to go higher.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • vaschevasche Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why do you need more crit and power? Okay I do have more crit, but it has marginal returns if you have eye of the storm. I have T2 weapons and I still top the charts. 3k power is more than enough. If you are getting out dpsed you must be playing with really geared up players, or better CW's. Look at your playstyle, and the encounters you slot too. With your gear, you should be topping the charts

And on topic: deminist56 listed the best ring/neck/belts for a CW.
  • dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    vasche wrote: »
    Why do you need more crit and power? Okay I do have more crit, but it has marginal returns if you have eye of the storm. I have T2 weapons and I still top the charts. 3k power is more than enough. If you are getting out dpsed you must be playing with really geared up players, or better CW's. Look at your playstyle, and the encounters you slot too. With your gear, you should be topping the charts

And on topic: deminist56 listed the best ring/neck/belts for a CW.

Yeah except he has NO ARMOR PENETRATION. He is basically doing ~20-25% LESS damage on purpose.
    edited September 2013
    But you dont need arp to be doing the most damage, since it sounds like what he is after. It does help
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Increase Armpen first of all. Then Crit. Drop recovery to 3k. Buy a pet (cat or stone, stone slightly better).
    Btw, officermasha, remove 2 points from WIS to CHA, it will give 2% more crit instead of near completely useless WIS.
    Your stats should look like this (not perfect, btw).
    B3f3NOC.png
    edited September 2013
    Does someone have some kind of data to prove that Armor pen is more useful to cap before crit? I was running around for a while with like 0-100 Armor pen for a while and then I got 20% and it doesn't really feel like im doing more than 5% more damage.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Lol, just do some math and make some graphs.
    Your spell hits for 10000 basic damage. W/o armpen it hits for 7600 on boss target. With 24% armpen it will hit for 10000.
    7600 - 100%
    10000 - x%
    x = 10000*100/7600 = 131,6 or 31,6% damage increase.
    edited September 2013
    Yes yes but thats just calculator work, im talking about actually logging the data or at least say doing a mc run with 0 arp and then do a mc run with 20% arp
    edited September 2013
    If you will support me for unequipping all my arp enchants, maybe I will do some tests. Otherwise, calculator works perfectly for fights like MC.
    edited September 2013
    You just sound as if you've only done the math, which anyone can do. I ran a long time without arp and I've out dpsed other wizards with proper gear and arp. Now that I'm sitting at 20% arp, the damage increase is unnoticeable
    edited September 2013
    "OutDPSing other wizards" isn't a proof, that arp is bad. What spec they have, what spells they use, what latency they have and so on? Good execution of rotation increasing damage more, than any of stats, but missing with SotEA will greatly decrease damage. Good latency also increasing damage.
    I'm overDPSing all my fellow wizards too. I have armpen, they have armpen. But they use different rotation. Here a screenshot with completed MC (4 CW and 1 TR, TR is the last one).
    DSjcYor.jpg
    edited September 2013
    I completely agree with you kerro, I just wanted to point out that many people are saying to stack arp but its not the only way to go. As far as increasing damage goes. Having said that, if you have brought your stats to a decent level go ahead and Max your arp, from my experience, it did not change much for me, if anything. And I went from 1% arp to 20% arp between dungeon runs so it's not like I gradually built up my arp either. I feel like the key to having high dps as a wizard is the correct rotations of skills and having an hv set.
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I completely agree with you kerro, I just wanted to point out that many people are saying to stack arp but its not the only way to go. As far as increasing damage goes.
    Yesterday, a friend of mine got his CW to L60. He uses the same build and powers as I do. He is an expierenced player as I'm. He has around 1k Armor Penetration, I've around 2.2k. During the trash pulls, we were on par damage wise, but after a couple of boss tries, I did outdamage him by a couple of millions. Now tell me why.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited September 2013
    Yes yes but thats just calculator work, im talking about actually logging the data or at least say doing a mc run with 0 arp and then do a mc run with 20% arp

It's been done plenty of times and discussed at length. Every 100 arp equals 1% damage boost up to its cap. It's the single most important dps stat.
    edited September 2013
    Where has it been discussed?
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited September 2013
    Where has it been discussed?

You're obviously getting in a little bit late in the game. Do some searches in the forums. Armor pen is universally accepted as the best dps stat for every class so it won't just be discussed in the CW forums. Do what you want though if you don't believe it.
    edited September 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    You're obviously getting in a little bit late in the game. Do some searches in the forums. Armor pen is universally accepted as the best dps stat for every class so it won't just be discussed in the CW forums. Do what you want though if you don't believe it.

No reason to act like that. In fact I did stack armor pen a few days ago and it has had almost no effect on my dps, Hence my responses to this thread. I would say to stack it last if you are competent with your skills.

And i think the reason that it isnt that noticeable is because of HV stacks
    edited September 2013
    HV stacks applies after armpen.
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    @kerro, he is a troll, just ignore him. He doesn't want to argue based on reason, hence he ignored my posting.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • deminist56deminist56 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    correct me if im wrong, but Armpen then Mitigation then HV right?
    edited September 2013
    deminist56 wrote: »

That would make sense since otherwise the HV bonus would not have a point besides a bit more defense.
    edited September 2013
    deminist56 wrote: »

Currently - yes. But criptic can (and would) deside, that this bonus is too OP.
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No reason to act like that. In fact I did stack armor pen a few days ago and it has had almost no effect on my dps, Hence my responses to this thread. I would say to stack it last if you are competent with your skills.

And i think the reason that it isnt that noticeable is because of HV stacks
    ArPen was studied on GF class forum, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?340162-GF-Statistical-Data-(Avoiding-Diminishing-Returns) like this for example. I am pretty sure the diminishing returns stay the same for each class.

As a GF i can say that i see the difference for stacking 22% arpen (when i'm mainly on the adds) and 24% arpen (when i mainly do the boss with no rogue in party). The damage output is different, yet it is only 2 percentage points.