test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Possible another big action point gain nerf on its way???

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I was just thinking today.. As some people will be aware the balance patch 2 weeks contained a variety of balance changes.. Some mentioned.. Some not
For those of you that don't know GWF had its action point gain nerfed on every aoe encounter.. Instead of getting additional action points from hitting multiple targets.. You only get the action points from hitting a single target.. Even though the tooltips still say otherwise.. Now it takes a GWF around 70-100 seconds of pure dps to fill its action points... Where as another class maybe be able to do this 2-3+ times in the same time frame.. At the moment this is having a huge impact on the class..

Now there are have been multiple threads about this.. And not a single response by a dev.. Whether this change was intended or not... Given that skills like roar or daring shout still say you get action points for every target hit.. Well right now you don't..

So given the devs refuse to reply or give any feedback on this.. I had the idea.. Maybe they are using GWF as a test to see the reaction to a major nerf like this.. 2 weeks no replies.. No fixes.. No response.. And it feels like maybe there could be an agenda here...

So the question is.. Soon will the rest of the class follow suit with a major action point gain nerf or will the devs finally give some sort of a response.. Even though the time to do that at this point has been unacceptable!
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I agree with this. It sure seems that way.

From what I figure, they are using this summer festival event as some lee-way until the next balance patch they do, which will be at its end.

And it could either make this sweeping change to all classes, or to revert these changes. As well as any other things they may implement.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Um the other classes received similiar changes. Sun burst (dc), shield (cw), knights valor(gf) etc.
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Um the other classes received similiar changes. Sun burst (dc), shield (cw), knights valor(gf) etc.

Not like GWF.. GWF received it to EVERY skill.. a full encounter rotation.. No matter what it is.. Now provides around 15-18% of your AP meter
    It is every skill
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    GWF is very hard to generate AP now. And to top it off, it's not like our dailies are doing 30k+ hits, either.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited September 2013
    I for one would like to see this "balancing" rethought and stopped. Honestly, it would be far better to put devs to work doing USEFUL things like fixing bugs and making new content then continually destroying the classes in the name of balancing.
  • Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Those are singular cases, Where a very higher number of skills affected is from GWF. And doesnt match the other classes you mention.

yes cw got a decrease in thier shield, but they also STILL get substantial AP gain from their other aoe skills such as Mastery: Repel, GF and front line surge.

Every encounter skill that used to give AP gain per target has been reduced to the same as if hitting one target now for GWF.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think nerfing great weapon fighters is the right way to go. Cut their damage in half, and give them a respec token to become either a gf if they want to tank, tr if they want to dps, and cw if they want to control.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Not like GWF.. GWF received it to EVERY skill.. a full encounter rotation.. No matter what it is.. Now provides around 15-18% of your AP meter
    It is every skill

Other classes didn't have it in every skill to begin with.
  • Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    Other classes didn't have it in every skill to begin with.

Exactly. The GWF is currently in the same state than other classes in term of AP Gain, except if they have 0 Recovery (hello full regen sents).

But well why would GWF whine about it ? They have a free daily by pushing Tab.
    Unstoppable is better than many dailies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    Exactly. The GWF is currently in the same state than other classes in term of AP Gain, except if they have 0 Recovery (hello full regen sents).

But well why would GWF whine about it ? They have a free daily by pushing Tab.
    Unstoppable is better than many dailies.
    some 1 got butthurt in pvp again?
    also its just another nerf to our dead GWF class :/
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I for one would like to see this "balancing" rethought and stopped. Honestly, it would be far better to put devs to work doing USEFUL things like fixing bugs and making new content then continually destroying the classes in the name of balancing.

I kind of doubt that there'll be a major balancing patch after the Festival; it'd make sense for them to hold it off until they introduce the new class, as that'll require changes to all other classes as well. Somehow I don't see them introducing it so soon, even though I'd certainly like to play it sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wish people would stop making comparisons across classes on something as class-specific as AP gain.

Would you want or expect a 5-minute gap between how often a Cleric can pop Divine Armor or Hallowed Ground? There goes your survival, large pulls and I hope you like buying lots and lots of pots...

Would you want or expect a 5-minute gap between how often a CW can use Arcane Singularity? There goes your melee aoe dps, control, ledging and speed runs...

GFs: use their dailies as strong part of their threat (Villain's Menace and Supremacy of Steel). You want that on 5-minute cooldowns?

TRs: already by far the slowest class to gain AP. You want them to have an even slower AP gain? Admittedly, at least one of their dailies is broken (Shocking Execution seems to be undodgeable now by all classes except GF), but that has nothing to do with AP.

GWF: no idea - don't have one. But I would have expected they, like TR's, should be screaming from the rooftops for their almost game-breaking tab slot unusable bug to be fixed rather than calling or expecting even more AP changes...

Finally, it is not "class balance" if you are expecting AP nerfs across all the classes. That's called something else, maybe a "class redesign".
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    From what I saw there was a bug that made the GWF gain more AP than normal ... Staff does not read the patch notes right
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    its clear here that a lot of people don't know or understand what the current AP gain situation with GWF is......

Both Roar and Daring shout both say in its tooltip that you gain AP in accordance to how many targets you hit with it ( although these skills are capped at 5)

And right now.. the last 2 weeks.. this doesn't happen. These two skills are used to charge AP.... daring shout doesn't even offer any damage as an encounter... so its use was to charge AP.... and now.. you gain almost nothing from both of these skills

So the point is.. the AP gain is not what the skills tooltip says it is.. there was no notification of this change in any patch.. there was no update to tooltips.... there has been no response and feedback from devs

You can see the point right?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    So the point is.. the AP gain is not what the skills tooltip says it is.. there was no notification of this change in any patch.. there was no update to tooltips.... there has been no response and feedback from devs

You can see the point right?

Fine. So, this entire thread is just a dressed up bug report about two specific skills?

I don't know whether you realise, but on top of major AP nerfs like all classes, Clerics have almost every single one of their spells bugged to not benefit from Armor Penetration, despite their Feywild set (their only set with ArP) having a ton of it. In addition, many of their spells do not crit, including their dailies. They have also lost multiple major sources of their healing due to an undocumented change to their most powerful heal (Forgemaster's Flame, a HoT) plus a major broken feat related to critting (so, a double whammy due to the crit bug).

On top of that, their already pitiful daily that hits in three dodgeable parts was completely and unexpectedly nerfed so hard that not only can many other classes Encounters hit harder than it can, but even their own spells could (if they could crit and if they could benefit from ArP, lol!). Basically, eliminating its use in PvE.

Yet, you don't see Clerics going around creating whole threads speculating on further changes across the board for all classes relating to Armor Penetration or Crit or HoTs or Dailies or whatever, even though, at this point imo, Cleric is a broken class...

So, come on GWFs, complain about the things that matter (like your painful tab slot/Unstoppable bug). For everything else, do it the right way everyone else has to, i.e. the Bug Reports section or your class forums.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What if the CW tooltips say that some encounter gives three stacks, this daily six stacks, and so on, but from Aug 22nd on it only gives one stack, and there is a 60 sec CD on receiving a stack?
    And no patch note say anything, and no dev say anything?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    lewel555 wrote: »
    What if the CW tooltips say that some encounter gives three stacks, this daily six stacks, and so on, but from Aug 22nd on it only gives one stack, and there is a 60 sec CD on receiving a stack?
    And no patch note say anything, and no dev say anything?

So, you mean like Plague Fire? Or Chill Stacks not working on bosses, a major source of damage for CWs since most are Thaum. Or countless other things...

Every class has had something broken since Feywild with no patch notes or documentation. Some have been hit far harder than others, e.g. Clerics, but everyone has. It was a bad patch in terms of basic combat gameplay.

But this is not the way to complain by bumping completely speculative thread about potential future changes based around broken things, lol!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It's not that these bugs happened.. It's the fact that the absolutely refuse to give any resoonse to the bugs.. Say whether its intended or glitches.. They refuse to acknowledge anything to do with it...
    Which is why I feel like they are not sharing the whole story