test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Like the new CN?

mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
SURPRISE!

9683244544_d3bbc0b078_o.png
Post edited by mittensofdoom on

Comments

• kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We need a +5 Grappling hook and 50'ft of Silk Rope, STAT!

Yup, we knew the nerf hammer was coming on that exploit hehe, but **** is that an ugly... neigh, lazy fix!
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hear Draco isn't fixed yet.

Those new graphics look awful.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did people bother ranging down that boss anymore? God thats so slow for such an easy boss. If they fixed spider pillar too then we can start making more ad on rings as well as necks from all the bads who cant complete it now, just like ancients from draco.

Never really understood the appeal here, cn takes 20 minutes killing all 4 bosses straight up anyway. Only bads bothered with pillars.
  • dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i think they draw it in paint
  • kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did people bother ranging down that boss anymore? God thats so slow for such an easy boss. If they fixed spider pillar too then we can start making more ad on rings as well as necks from all the bads who cant complete it now, just like ancients from draco.

Never really understood the appeal here, cn takes 20 minutes killing all 4 bosses straight up anyway. Only bads bothered with pillars.

The epeen is strong in this one
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

PFFFT! Straight-up? Only bads do it straight-up. My Guild does it naked with white weapons only.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    PFFFT! Straight-up? Only bads do it straight-up. My Guild does it naked with white weapons only.

I'll bet you only use the first tier at-wills too. Everyone I know does.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you notice they really did just stick generic blocks in there, the tall bits have '10ft' marked on them and the lower blocks say 'texture 256x256' lol
  • kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll bet you only use the first tier at-wills too. Everyone I know does
    pfftt we bring a GWF with us...beat that
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    pfftt we bring a GWF with us...beat that

It's not legit until you beat draco using only the DPS from your white cleric companion.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    I'll bet you only use the first tier at-wills too. Everyone I know does.

At-wills? At-wills are for terribads. You get 2 encounters and one daily and you'll like it...
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited September 2013
    OMG! Does it really look like this? I'm not bothered by them fixing the exploit but this really spoils the atmosphere in the dungeon.
    I'll come back when THAT is fixed!
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just more dps for me. Doesn't make a difference. It's not like this boss was impossible to beat even the old tactic.
    Admiralsig.png
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Translation - They installed visible invisible walls.
  • daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Now just attach a massive grey block to Draco's breath so we actually have an idea where it's going.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    CN is easy. Dread Vault is incomparably harder. Glitching these bosses is slow, tedious and bothersome. When I say my guild does this without bothering to glitch them, it's worth noting that our primary healer has never spent a dollar on the game, none of us have higher than rank 8 enchants and not everyone has their ioun stone or cat yet. Not even all of us have voice chat. What we do all have is experience in the dungeon, experience running with each other and willingness to ask questions and learn tactics.

Get. Good.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    I love how you elitist "people" label people "bads" and "terribads" .

Dude it's just people who don't feel good about themselves so they have to call others names to feel a bit better. Bully syndrome.
  • insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yea ... it's so ugly. @___@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bowiethemantisbowiethemantis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I nominate this for "Laziest fix for a video-game... ever", I mean holy sh.. look a that, just look a it :D
  • bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah I can't believe they didn't polish the looks...leaving 10ft and texture on there?? Amazing....Is this game supported by a middle school tech class? I haven't been in there much...I am in guild but seems like we rarely have enough to do dungeons...Pugs always fail. I feel for that person who says its lame they fix exploits while leaving things broken. I used to play Perfect World...I might be going back....at least all they did there is have "Zen Sales" and new buy your victory sales each week....This game just seems to be maintained by monkeys.

Monkeys that get our money I guess.....well I appreciate their poor efforts it will get me out of the house more:)
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    I love how you elitist "people" label people "bads" and "terribads" .... when that really translates to "poor" and "terripoor" ... and I think that is friggin crappy.... not everyone can get perfect enchants ... not everyone has the BiS armor/weapon... and without those, these dungeons without (you say exploits, I say tactics) of some kind, you fail badly, over and over.... this game company keeps cow-towing to the top 5%, and the rest of us "underspenders" are going to beat feet.... flame me all you want, but when they cannot fix the mechanics of the boss fights, but yet they can continually make them harder.... I am starting to get unmotivated to the point where I do not want to play, because it seems they only want to make the fast dollar and not the long one.
    Lol you think its the lack of gear that makes you bad. I run rank 5s and 7s and consider myself effectively max geared. Been playing since open beta and just recently gotten wards/shards to make greater vorpal #2 (out of 4 needed for perfect). It has very little to do with gear and certainly nothing to do with $. If it weren't a violation of eula i would put money down that me and my friends could login with you and your friends <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> geared characters and still 4man cn in under 30 minutes (as long ad you have the 9200 gs req to queue dungeon). So really, learn to play or quit but stop whining about fixing cheese mechanics in an already easy dungeon. Do you even cn bro?
  • bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    THIS fix looks awesome and was probably way easier than simply to remove the statues/pillars? (looking on the calendar... oh its not 1st of April?!)
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The most amazing thing is that ugly wall didnt fixed anything lolol

its a bit harder to get there and not everyone can nuke the boss like before but still doable.

Just remove the **** statues
  • tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This looks to me as if they intended to install invisible walls but accidentally gave them the wrong texture.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Whoever the mod moved this to bug report, never played CN before. xD

Clarification: the OP was saying that the pillar exploit is fixed. On the pillar exploit the ranged classes could attack the boss without getting attacked by it.

Now they have to fight it as intended. So this isn't a bug at all.
  • ecodeecode Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think the objects were intended to be invisible walls, and the textures are left there by accident. I'd expect a fix sometime soon :)
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think they are counting on enough of the people who bought the knight of feywild pack with the homosexual looking unicorn getting mad and buying the new armored one before they can be bothered to implement a proper fix that doesn't look like something a school kid could knock together in 5 minutes.. infact lets put together a 'fixing Neverwinter' kickstarter , maybe we could get 4 or 5 dollars doing that? , that is if everybody who is still actually playing this nonsense can be bothered to donate a dollar each...
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They must have interns working on these fixes. Most of them don't even fix the issue they're trying to fix.
    Done GG lately? PVP gate jumping? Still works. FC water running to the boss? Yep.

Though I have to say, they must be *blind* interns to ship it like that. Really? Nobody tested this? Hello? Bueller?