test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Timeframe on when dungeons are being fixed?

quintfacequintface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am tired of failed dungeon runs because of broken monster spawning mechanics.

I am tired of cheesing bosses, not because it's easy but because it's the only viable way.

I am tired of bosses being hard not because of the actual boss, but because of their minions and how they are more threatening than the boss itself.

Would be nice if Cryptic could give us any info on what they plan to do with dungeons, instead of fixing things like lockbox drop rates or how item binding works. This is a Dungeons and Dragons game, and the dungeons are the worst part.

Learn your priorities please.
Post edited by quintface on

Comments

• chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They are being fixed in the patch today. Cryptic is also rolling back BoE from dungeon delves due to unpopular public feedback. Now it is no longer possible to unlock fireplaces without actually being within 10 feet of the fireplace. All t2 and t2.5 dungeon walls have had invisible barriers put on them to prevent exploiting terrain. Thank you and enjoy your game.
  • quintfacequintface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If they're actually doing that, why isn't that listed in the patch notes?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They are being fixed in the patch today. Cryptic is also rolling back BoE from dungeon delves due to unpopular public feedback. Now it is no longer possible to unlock fireplaces without actually being within 10 feet of the fireplace. All t2 and t2.5 dungeon walls have had invisible barriers put on them to prevent exploiting terrain. Thank you and enjoy your game.

Would be nice if it was true .....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Because he's a troll.

The dungeons will be fixed as soon as they've tracked down the issues and fixed them, no sooner.
  • quintfacequintface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and I would like to know a time frame for when they are going to be fixed.

A month from now? Two? Anything would be nice to know
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    quintace, as soon as the board of directors fires the person ruining cryptic and hires someone who knows what he's doing.
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm happy with dungeons. They fixed a lot since release so I expect them to continue like that in future.
  • amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    quintface wrote: »
    I am tired of failed dungeon runs because of broken monster spawning mechanics.

I am tired of cheesing bosses, not because it's easy but because it's the only viable way.

I am tired of bosses being hard not because of the actual boss, but because of their minions and how they are more threatening than the boss itself.

Would be nice if Cryptic could give us any info on what they plan to do with dungeons, instead of fixing things like lockbox drop rates or how item binding works. This is a Dungeons and Dragons game, and the dungeons are the worst part.

Learn your priorities please.

I don't think Cryptic believes there is anything "wrong" that needs to be fixed. The adds/boss mechanics are the way they are by design. Changing this mechanic would require a change to more than dungeon boss/adds. For example, the DC would have to transition from AoE healer to single target healer, requiring a remake of the class (powers, feats, etc). Changes would be necessary for all classes, frankly. Cryptic set up the game this way, so if this mechanic is bothersome you really have no choice but to find another game. I'm not trying to be dismissive at all; I had an adjustment period as well coming from WoW where it's all about boss mechanics. This game is just not that way at a fundamental level.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    amadalus wrote: »
    I don't think Cryptic believes there is anything "wrong" that needs to be fixed. The adds/boss mechanics are the way they are by design. Changing this mechanic would require a change to more than dungeon boss/adds. For example, the DC would have to transition from AoE healer to single target healer, requiring a remake of the class (powers, feats, etc). Changes would be necessary for all classes, frankly. Cryptic set up the game this way, so if this mechanic is bothersome you really have no choice but to find another game. I'm not trying to be dismissive at all; I had an adjustment period as well coming from WoW where it's all about boss mechanics. This game is just not that way at a fundamental level.

The devs have acknowledged that there's plenty of things that need to be fixed about dungeons, but the issues are finding the exploits, time and balance. It's no good designing new boss mechanics and implementing them if they make the boss impossible to complete or if they leave the exploits intact.
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    amadalus wrote: »

I think they are aware, thats why malabog is a step to some degree away from that.
    Going back and remaking current content isnt worth it, and is better to just make the new more interesting.
    But they should retune a few fights and fix the exploits.
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Shoot how about just fixing the ignorant delves time frame? Some of us work for a living and don't even get a chance to run a delves until say the weekends where we can stay up ..just MHO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think I read somewhere on forum it's only one person doing bug fixes so pls give him time. I don't know how many people are working on new zen items/promotions but they need to send a few over to help him or something. We can go a few weeks without a new companion/mount. Actually we don't NEED anymore so that department need to be consolidated into the debug or whatever it's called section. :)
    Just my 2 cents(worth a dollar).
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • kushlovinfreakkushlovinfreak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lol,its been at least a month and a half since i played (and finished) FH dungeon., just because the MASSIVE FRAME DRATE DROP caused by the kazzillion trolls spawning and bringing my fps at comic book rate.

the other dungeons are managable cause CW can pull the ads with arc. sing. and ease the preassure.
    but the feeling that way of playing leaves is anything but fun.
    cheesy exploit. but its the only way u are able to finish tha **** thing. oo,and dont let me start on the hand of magera fight:P
    im giving this game a chance for a short while,after that in the light of all the recent changes,and the departure of at least 80% of my friend list population that not even login anymore,and guild of over 200 ppl shutting down.,im calling quits.
    at the very least until modul 5 comes out:P
    preferably not a daily/timed based one like this last entry.
  • kushlovinfreakkushlovinfreak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think I read somewhere on forum it's only one person doing bug fixes so pls give him time. I don't know how many people are working on new zen items/promotions but they need to send a few over to help him or something. We can go a few weeks without a new companion/mount. Actually we don't NEED anymore so that department need to be consolidated into the debug or whatever it's called section. :)
    Just my 2 cents(worth a dollar).

looool,dear God!
    1 person doing the bugs in a fuki* MMO?????? what? will my grandchildren play this game with the majority of bugs taken care of?
    somehow i really doubt it. but i could see that comin. no profit for the company to have more ppl doing that job.
    but u can bet that cosmetic (zen selling stuff) has a 20-30 staff easily.
    at this tempo,with severe understaffed department i really dont see the bugs fixed like ever.