test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The flower botting is getting to me...

fennelfennel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I suppose it's hard to make any mechanic that can't be botted, but as I'm getting carpal tunnel picking flowers, it's irritating that others are off watching movies or so AFK they aren't even in their house.

Today rather took the cake. One guy was multiboxing his botting, by all appearances. The names of the two characters began the same, and one protected the very naked (gear from the beach) bot which I'd watched get flowers without being alert to his own safety. So the bigger character came and said his "little brother" was watching movies. Unh-huh. I reported it, but please, if the devs can think of a way that the flowers can't be similarly botted next year, I'd be tickled scarlet.

Either allow all of us an AFK method (and no, the 15 petals from Midsummer Provisioning is not a significant source =) or end the means for the bots to have their carefree lives. Please.
Post edited by fennel on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The solution, IMO, would be to simply tie it to defeating the kobolds or to add a repeatable instance where you fight them for petals along the way.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The real solution is for Cryptic to improve on bot detection programs. Don't get me wrong I know there will be people out there who try to make better bots to bypass the security but that's where the staff needs to be ahead of the game and locate these bot programs, find out the coding and add it to their detection programs.
  • Options
    mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The solution is to not kill yourself picking flowers. The event is a long one, just showing up and doing the daily quest every day will get you a ton of petals already.
  • Options
    somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    They're not botting; they're getting lucky!
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    somedoge wrote: »

Lol! They're never going to live down Nightmare Thursday, are they?
  • Options
    trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    somedoge wrote: »

Lol so true. And more than likely the person complaining about them will be banned while they continue.