test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance 9-5-13 7AM PDT

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone!

We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Thursday), 9/5, at 7AM PDT (when is that in your time zone?). Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Patch notes are available here.

Thank you! :)

Update 1 (7:00AM PDT): Scheduled maintenance has begun!
Update 2 (8:00AM PDT): Maintenance is ongoing. Thanks for your patience!
Update 3 (9:00AM PDT): We'll be extending the scheduled maintenance for a short bit. Estimated remaining downtime is approximately 30 minutes. Thank you!
Update 4 (9:30AM PDT): Scheduled maintenance is complete. Thanks for your patience and welcome back to Neverwinter!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• skulhedface44skulhedface44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys used to post patch notes hours before, now its not until the time of the patch..
  • aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ninja patch! P:
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys used to post patch notes hours before, now its not until the time of the patch..

The patch notes can usually be guessed from the preview forums.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    As bluedarky said, the preview forums often give a good hint at some of the patches. Not all obviously but some.

Sometimes the patch notes are finalized the night before but recently there has been a lot of late night finalization. I'm not sure what the cause of it has been, I'm really not in on that end of the loop, but like bluedarky I check the recent changes which were applied to the Preview Shard over the last week and expect to see some of them work their way onto the Live Game. :)
  • triiiedgetriiiedge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You should have added a fix for the "Return to Instance" buged. This happens in cases of Epic Dungeons, After loading map of dungeon all members that have came in the dungeon were not in party/group, you still need to invite all person to make a party, and when you leave a party, instead of kicking your self out of the dungeon, nothing will happen and your still in the dungeon, when you tried using the GM help Function to abort your mission this usually work but the problem is when your out of the dungeon the button "Return to Instance" will stay there for a long minute time of 30 minutes which makes us unable to Re-Queue and make us wait for a long period of time for us to be able to use the Queue again.
  • raladamraladam Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Keep getting unable to authenticate. I have restarted router and comp, flushed DNS, ran as admin... What gives? Is this because the servers are still down?
  • mustafarian2mustafarian2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    raladam: yes you cannot sign in until they are done with it

triiiedge: I agree with your statement even closing game and and reload launcher is not simply enough they should find a solution for that queue system
  • sirion05sirion05 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @triiiedge:I've had that bug with a skirmish before, I managed to get rid of it by completely exiting the game and waiting for a minute before logging back in. Instances are destroyed if there's nobody online linked to them for a while.
  • raladamraladam Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thing is I was in Protecters Enclave before the patch, took kids to school, went to the store and came back. I just wasnt sure if the servers were down is all. When they are back up will try again.
  • triiiedgetriiiedge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @sirion05: thats the point why they need to fix it, a little amount of delay in time you wont be able to join very important event like dungeon delves, where chest opens in dungeons, its not a solution to wait that long, time runs out for that event, and after waiting for this event(Dungeon delves) "again". Then same problem with this "Return to Instance", Instead of playing the event you'll get frustrated and there's no sense why should i wait and play if every time i queue to dungeon this would be expected to happen, hope you know how frustrating that is.
  • ajronthankajronthank Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    patching file progress stopping... downloading 550 MB - and freezing...
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any ETA on when the patch servers will be working properly again?
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Mount Hotenow: Environmental FX has had some minor performance updates."

FINALLY!!! That was clearly the most important and disruptive bug to fix with high priority...

Heck with AH sorting, map exploit fixing, feywild armors and enchantments finally working, etc, etc, etc...

^^

Devs are having a good time under the sun aren't they... Wait no... they are just designing new companions!!! I get it... pffff...
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ajronthank wrote: »
    patching file progress stopping... downloading 550 MB - and freezing...

Same problem, 88.6% done and frozen
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At this rate, the celestial coins I collected are gonna expire soon... But they surely gonna restore them right???

Welcome to NeverDownload Online!!
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f, that's the very reason i went out of my way to spend my coins before the patch. After Caturday, i do NOT trust patches to not mess up my coins!
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f, that's the very reason i went out of my way to spend my coins before the patch. After Caturday, i do NOT trust patches to not mess up my coins!

I only use these to buy the boxes with coalescent/protection wards... everything else is just useless really. I spend the 7 coins everytime I get them,,, on all my chars!
    edited September 2013
    Yup. i got to 7 this morning. Though i'd have settled for spending 5, if the timing had been off. i never seem to have enough residuum on my artificer and weaponsmith, anyway.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    "Mount Hotenow: Environmental FX has had some minor performance updates."

FINALLY!!! That was clearly the most important and disruptive bug to fix with high priority...

Heck with AH sorting, map exploit fixing, feywild armors and enchantments finally working, etc, etc, etc...

^^

Devs are having a good time under the sun aren't they... Wait no... they are just designing new companions!!! I get it... pffff...

You do realise that there are different teams working on different bugs, most of the major issues probably haven't been fixed internally yet so they decided to put out a patch consisting of the bugs they know are fixed during the downtime rather than just having downtime (the downtime would have happened whether or not they had a patch to push).