test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Latency: Geographical handicaps

kipp73kipp73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I wont turn this post into a rant about lag and the current state of time (ill make a separate post about that later)

This is a request to ask the devs to take into account latency due to international distances and hubs/exchanges increasing server connection times.

Case in point:

MC boss fight. The dragon straffe run...
Now, these are not hard to avoid, ill grant u that. However, when the server starts to slug a bit and us poor aussies who are already dealing with response times at BEST of 350ms, we have a VERY small error of margin to avoid the dragon red lines. Our guild calls this area/stage the 'Aussie graveyard'. We all have a hard time here, PARTICULARLY given the current shthouse state of the servers. If we make so much as a 0.5 sec delay, we dead. We get lag spike, we dead. We think we are safe... out of the red line, into the clear... many many times, we dead.

This game isnt played everyone who has a sub 50ms ping.

Devs, please:
a) accommodate higher latency gamers in instances thus, and
b) FIX THE LAG SPIKES apready!!
MonZaah // Bihlkoh // KvelertaK

DreadnoughT Guild
Post edited by kipp73 on

Comments

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I feel for you guys. I wonder what they can do to make things better, without gutting the boss mechanics. Must be bad for pvp also.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Heck depending on where you are in Oz things get worse by the way.

Fortunately I haven't quite had a lag death yet, but its been close on a couple of occasions and I've yet to try a recognised hard dungeon.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, they could invest their money in more instance servers.
  • kipp73kipp73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can we at least have a single comment on this from devs plz?
    MonZaah // Bihlkoh // KvelertaK

DreadnoughT Guild
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    If we make so much as a 0.5 sec delay, we dead
    Same here for India. ping hovers around the 300 mark for me. It would really be nice if devs tooks into consideration the latency while designing bosses for harder dungeons.
    Must be bad for pvp also
    Though ~300 just works in pve, its madness in pvp. You cannot dodge in time to avoid attacks.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You *can* dodge in pvp with high latency if you have the ability to pierce the veil of time itself. But if you can do that - you'd probably have more exciting pastimes than playing neverwinter.

Playing from oz - you pretty much have to dodge before the person at the other end makes up their mind to cc/charge/stab/etc you. Once that button is pressed it's usually too late. Sure it'll look to you for a small fleeting shiny second like you slid/rolled/sprinted out of danger - but then you'll get reeled back in to lie on the ground/stand there dazed/fly into the air.

PVE - as you've correctly pointed out - with enough latency there are certain red circly attacks that if you are in them when they appear - you do not have time to get out regardless of reaction time.

Just think how awesome you actually are with time penalties factored out? Cause I don't think this will be a fixable thing.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The game is in beta still. be happy with what you have
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

You better run, you better take cover.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Where are the servers? China?
    English is not my first language.
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The game is in beta still. be happy with what you have

Nope... the game is live from june:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=922181
  • sphosphosphosphosphosphosphospho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I live and play this game in the Philippines(South East Asia).
    The best possible ping we could have on a very lucky and rare day is 270.
    We have a guild in Mindflayer with more or less 20 active players and all of us have 300-400 ping except some guys who live in America.
    It doesn't bother us much in PVE but PVP is different because even Soulforged procs are delayed, all your attacks don't do instant damage and are easier to dodge, and you also have a harder time dodging enemy attacks.
    38kills.png