test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Daily Missions give normal ADs

therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Simple suggestion:

Since it's going to be hard for Cryptic/PWE to raise the refine cap of rough ADs, why don't make the dailies give normal ADs?

People will care more about dailies, will do it with an extra incentive and at least i think that the market won't suffer that much. Salvage, leadership and etc will still give enough rough ADs to reach the cap everyday and gathering of ADs will still be a slow process although less "painful" and more funny while doing those (some boring :( ) dailies.

PS: sorry if there is another topic with this, but i didn't found it with forum search.
Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
Post edited by therealgravecard on

Comments

• Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's not hard to raise the cap, they just won't do it until the average player is hitting 24000 a day.

As for introducing a way of gaining refined AD directly, it won't happen. AD will always be restricted to entering the market through the various sales packs and 24000 per day per character.
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    its a good way for preventing market from getting ruined from exploits/bugs etc.

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not going to happen. Cryptic is doing everything it can to push people to the Zen store.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    kaoxveedkaoxveed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    By pushing me toward the Zen store every chance they can, they are eventually going to lose me for another couple months until another major patch comes out for me to play through. Basic necessities to play the game in an enjoyable manner are way over-priced. Even if I was willing to invest 15-20 a month I would still have next to nothing.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kaoxveed wrote: »
    By pushing me toward the Zen store every chance they can, they are eventually going to lose me for another couple months until another major patch comes out for me to play through. Basic necessities to play the game in an enjoyable manner are way over-priced. Even if I was willing to invest 15-20 a month I would still have next to nothing.

What "basic necessities" are you talking about? I have yet to spend my own money on this game. I don't want to anyway, since i don't like the business model (what they sell). I don't feel i "need" anything more than what i currently have. So i'm really curious about what you think is a mandatory purchase i can't do with my ADs.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    It's not hard to raise the cap, they just won't do it until the average player is hitting 24000 a day.

And even then, it's doubtful they would do it. The refine limit in Star Trek is 8k, and has been 8k for a looooong time. Even as more and more things have been added that'll let you earn more each day.

And honestly, it's not a problem.... you've built up extra unrefined? Great! That's a couple days you can skip having to focus on AD farming! Freedom to do whatever you want instead of obsessing over "getting your dailies done".
    So i'm really curious about what you think is a mandatory purchase i can't do with my ADs.

And I'm curious how $15-20 a month would leave one with "next to nothing". Seems like that'd be a heck of a lot, to me.

(disclaimer: I did spend $40 the first month, to pay the devs for the enjoyment they'd given me. As with any f2p game, I keep my spending under the cost of a retail game. Since then, I've just bought stuff with AD-exchanged zen. It's been plenty.)
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You've also been here since the start. When AD was much easier, and ways were much more convenient for really anyone. I was too. It's why I normally never complain on my behalf, for players just starting I do.

Some point down the road. When they squeeze all avenues of refined AD out. We'll wonder why....

Creeping normalcy. Boiling frog.

The boiling frog story is a widespread anecdote describing a frog slowly being boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to significant changes that occur gradually
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You've also been here since the start. When AD was much easier, and ways were much more convenient for really anyone.

Actually, there are more ADs in the game currently. Instead of getting it via the AH (you get existing ADs only), you can create your own ADs every day, and there is no limit since it's a per character restriction. I refine 24k a day on 2 characters, i play the content i want when i want, i don't have to play the dungeons i don't like, such as karrundax and the silly jumps and /killme all over the place, and the lord's protector daily pvp or gauntlgrym (when you save pvp, pve and dungeon) are really the best way to get ADs quickly.

There are also more sinks, the new campaign is a good example, but you don't have to purchase anything from the sharandar's stores, and you can focus on getting whatever you like.

I think many people forgot that prior to the patch, most of the T2 loots were worth less than what the salvager gives you now. It may just be a failure to adapt. If you really care about ADs, you should start levelling an army of alts on the same game account. That's what farmers do on STO already. It's mind-numbling, but not as stupid as suiciding the spider queen repeatedly 15 times a day to get the same amount of ADs.

All this post will do is making the devs thinking to nerf leadership dramatically and lower the rough AD gains. :)
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Like I said I never argue for myself. I was here. I got what I wanted prior to the changes. For a new player it will be a much more difficult time consuming uphill climb.

For me and you, Im sure it's all gravy.

As far as adapting. I will tell everyone the easiest way to acquire AD at this time. I don't do it. I know many who do.

RIGHT DIO. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> EDIT EDIT
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well even with one character, you can earn up to 720k AD a month. In two months, you have a good greater enchantment, provided you play some dungeons and get some BoE loots, and they are quite common. At most two months to get some of the best items in a game without using the cash shop doesn't look outrageous to me, but i'm coming from another cryptic game, and you need to farm for months to get the most expensive cash shop items there. With another character and some good playing skills, it will be a lot shorter. BoE loots from last bosses aren't that rare, i get one a week, and all of them are worth a huge amount of ADs. Some of them are worth millions.