test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[End-Game] Content Discussion / Suggestions !

traznixtraznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
[End-Game] Content Discussion / Suggestions !

Hello everyone, I just want to discuss about the game's end-game content. We had our 1st expansion, but this did not include any level cap raises, any new gear, or any new form of item enchancing / upgrading.

End-Game Content SUGGETIONS :
  1. st * Item UPGRADING.
    We currently only have SOCKETING, meaning we can only put gems into gear for bonus stats, but no way to improve the gear's current stats, like +1, +2, ... +15 etc.
    Most MMORPG's use this way of item-upgrading, and that always brings a sense of progression, of acomplishment to the player.

2. nd * Server-Wide BATTLEGROUND & Honor Ranking System.
    Except for the Gauntlgrym, we don't have any form of mass-pvp. A server-wide battleground, with server-ranked battles, and honor-related rewards would be awesome. Maybe some of you are new to this concept, but from my 10 year MMO experience, I can tell you this kind of battlegrounds are needed on every game.
    To be more precise, I suggest adding a new honor system, that includes titles, and rewards based on how high are your scores. It can even be related to what we already have, GLORY. Glory points should be aquired from the battleground, and the best players on each server, after let's say a week, get an unique reward, like a Guardian title, with powerful stats. The battleground should be PvPvE, a mix between Domination PvP and Skirmish PvE, with both players and mobs/bosses. Everyone should get rewarded, but the rewards should be exponential, based on how good the player was in the battles of that week. This way everybody would be "pushed" and motivated to join the battles, and get their hands on the unique rewards every week.

3. rd * Guild HOUSING / BASES.
    I know this has already been suggested, but I heard a couple of good ideas and wanted to share them with you once again.
    For example, using the Foundry to create the guild bases. Every guild leader should be able to create his own base using the Foundry. Or even more, the guild leader should be allowed to create his "kingdom", his own map, and each guild member design his own house, inside the guild's map.

4. th * Guild TERRITORY-BATTLES.
    This would be a great addition to the game. It would help the guild-system a lot, making players want to join the guilds, and reap the rewards. Almost all PWE's games have this feature, so why not NW ? The best guilds would have the control over the territories, and maybe even the NPCs, collecting a fee from all vendors in the area they control, something like 10% (or less) of all the gold the vendors get, goes to the guild's bank, every week. That would be a great way for guilds to expand, and become usefull.

5. th * Solo DUNGEONS.
    I want to suggest this because I know guilds are not as important as they are in other games, so there are a lot of players who choose to play alone. With that being said, not everyone wants to join random parties, therefore I want to suggest adding solo dungeons. SURE, we have the Foundry ones, but it won't hurt to add some diversity to the game now would it ? These solo dungeons could have some special drops, for the hardcore farmers, as well as some special titles, like Alone Adventurer I (10 dungeons finished) / Alone Adventurer II (50 dungeons finished) ... and so on, for each dungeon, so that the player, again, has a sense of progression.

[DISCLAIMER] : I know this thread could be subject to flaming / hate, and may be in the wrong section because it contains suggestions, but I mostly want people to discuss about these suggestions, and ofc the General Discussion section is the most active one, so please do not close this thread !

I would like to hear everyone's oppinions about the suggestions, add some of your own, and discuss the changes you would like to see to the game, LET'S TRANSFORM THIS THREAD INTO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE. I will try my best to keep it alive, and I will quote the best suggestions / ideas on the "main page" for everyone to see.

Best Regards,
Yggdrasil
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by traznix on

Comments

• dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    traznix wrote: »
    this did not include any level cap raises, any new gear, or any new form of item enchancing / upgrading

Yep your thread is garbage right here as you are playing the wrong game. Neverwinter Mod 1: New Armor Sets, New Campaqin system, New Enchants, New Dungeon, New Professions.

Get to 60 and you'll be able to play the new content.

Also if you actually read the news posts and watch the streams you would learn the reason why level cap increase is bad for the game.
  • traznixtraznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    New Armor sets ... such as ? New enchants I know, but those come from the same enchanting system. I was talking about something else. The enchanting system we have now only allows us to socket gems, but that's very limited. A gem in each item, 2 in armor / weapon, and that's about it.

Best Regards,
    Yggdrasil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1: Just plain old no.
    2: sound fun and the few games that had it was fun(Aika comes to mind).
    3 and 4: I take a guess are on the "to-do-list".
    5:I think most want raids (like 10+ people) but hey solo dungeon sound fun like a water down version with less rewards and can't be done when DD is happening .

Pvp wise I say Open world,GvG ,CTF(who doesn't love CTF).
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • traznixtraznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    1: Just plain old no.
    2: sound fun and the few games that had it was fun(Aika comes to mind).
    3 and 4: I take a guess are on the "to-do-list".
    5:I think most want raids (like 10+ people) but hey solo dungeon sound fun like a water down version with less rewards and can't be done when DD is happening .

Pvp wise I say Open world,GvG ,CTF(who doesn't love CTF).

Yes, open world PvP is what I was aiming for too. I know Aika's open world PvP, but I wanted to mix it up a bit, like other MMOs do, PvPvE ... battle guardians to conquer important bases on the battlefield, then defend against the attackers, a little bit of everything.

Oh and please elaborate why you don't want some kind of new upgrading system. Are you happy with the current one ? Let's say in a couple of months you have full gear, all the options, all the enchantments that you want, max gear score. Wouldn't it be nice to have a new way of upgrading your gear ? It can even be made a bit chalenging, for example, only epic items, with at least a rank 7 enchant, can be further upgraded to +1 +2 +3 and so on. So when you get your item, you enchance it with your best gem, then start upgrading it.

Best Regards,
    Yggdrasil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mattrebmattreb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to see some normal pvp, that is (for an obscure reason xD) missing from the game, something like 1vs1 or 2vs2 with queues like the domination, maybe with multiple rounds. With that said, an Honor-Ranking system wuold be nice applied to these pvp modes...

EDIT: i just read the post above, open world pvp would be also nice, but i think that it isn't possible in this game...
    edited September 2013
    -sinp-
    One word(ok it three words in one) PWE . If it like the idea I'm think about then no to it .

If you think about the same thing as in if a weapon is at +0 and can go to +10 with a item. It add stats like if it start off with +30 Crit but if +1 it now add +40 crit and +50 if make it a +2 (it show like 30(+20) crit ).

This lead to weapons going to +6 with out any help but if want it say +10 it going take lots of whatever item they come up with and it be CS only.

Hope you get what I mean.
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
    edited September 2013
    mattreb wrote: »

EDIT: i just read the post above, open world pvp would be also nice, but i think that it isn't possible in this game...
    Yes it is just don't have it on like say PE or/and lower level (say 1-25 zones ) .
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I voted for the PVPVE battlegrounds. Love that kinda stuff.

I would like open world PVP but I don't see I happening. If it did then there would have to be some kind of outlaw flagging system to allow players to opt out of PVP. A lot of people dont like pvp at all much less open world get ganked while you farm pvp. With the game having launched with just a handful of servers and none labeled as PVP this change would upset a lot of people.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd love mass PvPvE although I don't see it happening on NW. xD Really enjoyed AIKA pvp style, with raids, sieges, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    In my view the mechanics of fighting with boss is very simple: should be implemented the use of cover against instant kill AoE spells, catch objects or auras in map to avoid massive damage; artillery weapons (catapults and harpoon gun) to attack boss flying or on higher ground, models of fights that we chasing the boss or escape it, use of map elements such as stones or chandeliers to be dropped against the boss to stop a magic.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just want more pvp modes with decent rewards (just no set, please, no more pvp gear) and a couple of new campaign systems. So "none of the above", because most of the other ideas seems pretty underwhelming to me. If they spend an entire module developping some of the ludicrous idea in the OP i think it's going to be time for me to quit the game. Guild housing and honor ranking seems like a huge development resources sink and a pure waste of time.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    Anything that my guild can participate in as a guild instead of a 5 man group.
  • tharsoniusvbtharsoniusvb Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2013
    "None of the above".
    Some of the choices sound pretty good and i would like to see some of them in the long run. But i want most and the only thing i really care about is that the content that is here works properly. Fix bugs, glitches, exploits, all the things that are (or at least seam) broken. When this is done, give some of the (or all) of the nice things you listed.
  • tekken333tekken333 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We need Duels, its a way to show 1v1 skill combat and to have fun with your friends, doing mini tournaments and what not. DUELS PLS!
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rd * Guild HOUSING / BASES.
    I know this has already been suggested, but I heard a couple of good ideas and wanted to share them with you once again.
    For example, using the Foundry to create the guild bases. Every guild leader should be able to create his own base using the Foundry. Or even more, the guild leader should be allowed to create his "kingdom", his own map, and each guild member design his own house, inside the guild's map.

It could be set up to a permission system to allow a certain rank to be allowed to construct as well.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1.No, no and hell no. Pwe has this stupid system called RnG(lockbox, boss drop) and the last Pwe game I played had this on gear fortification and in order to be any good in pve or pvp you had to buy tons of zen to buy fort charms and fort crystals or take 3 or 4 months farming them from drops. Then when you had enough to try to fort gear that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> RnG would troll you until you wasted about 30 or 40 charms or if you real "lucky" it'll upgrade. The game I'm talking about is WOI/BOI and I still have nightmares about that p2w game.:mad:
    2.Sounds nice but woudl be useless without actual pvp. I don't know who think that pvp meant making everybody run around on mounts trying to stun or cc first but is not and will never be pvp. First we need actual pvp, where you need skill and strategy to play not just spam cc skills and 3 or 4 against 1 to win.
    3.4.5. All sound good to me.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    like Alone Adventurer I (10 dungeons finished) / Alone Adventurer II (50 dungeons finished) ... and so on, for each dungeon, so that the player, again, has a sense of progression.

Then I would wait until they have the Ranger class, so I can get the title " (A)Lone Ranger" That would be fun for about 15 minutes
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Capture the flag, raids with actual rewards (not 5k ad or BoP items that you won't use), open world pvp and a real gear progression system that dosen't encourage you to salvage/discard your old armor with rank 7s because it costs too much to remove them. (100-225k ad is ridiculous)

Those are just some ideas that comes to mind :p
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    they only way i see any of the pvp/guild related things becoming a reality is if they use better matchmaking algorithms that match opponents based on stats. too many end-gamers and ppl that have the financial means to outright buy end-game gear would have massive advantages over new players and new level 60s. it just wouldn't be a fair shake.
  • xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    2,4, and 5 yes please.

1. I hope never!

3. Waste of server space. It sound like a good idea, everyone gets excited etc~ few months later dead guilds with that one guy that still logs in to an empty guild base.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    a crafting system that is not garbage is missing in your poll
  • hawneehawnee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2013
    #5 yes please that would be a way to avoid long ques, see content and feel like you can do something when you only have couple hours to play.