test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW.5.20130812b.19 Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Stability and Performance
  • Several game client crashes have been resolved.
  • Several graphics performance issues have been resolved that can occur in certain situations.

Class Balance and Changes
  • Control Wizard
    • Shards of the Endless Avalanche: No longer disappears prematurely when the Wizard is Dazed.
  • Guardian Fighter
    • Knight's Valor: No longer ends prematurely if the Fighter is dazed.
  • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Unstoppable: Fixed tooltip display issue saying that damage reduction was 20-40% when in fact it is still 25-50%.

Content and Environment
  • Battle for Sharandar: Feydark Crystals obtained on any map will count for quest credit now.
  • Black Dagger Ruins: Leaky Proposition: The boats can now be properly interacted with again so the quest can be completed.
  • Gauntlgrym Domination: Players should no longer be able to escape the starting areas before the match begins.
  • New Sharandar: Several environmental FX have had an additional performance and coloration pass.
  • PvP Domination: Rogues may no longer get into enemy respawn locations.

Enemies
  • Fulminorax: Strafing run attack is now slightly longer so there are not occasionally spots where you can avoid the mechanic entirely.
  • Fulminorax: Should no longer fade in briefly after he flys away.

Foundry
  • Asset Picker uses updated Overworld map icons and layout.

Gateway
  • Inventory: Astral Diamond numbers should now show up correctly if you have converted your maximum allowed for the day.
  • Inventory: Clicking multiple times in your bags should have improved responsiveness.
  • Browsers should be even more responsive to all updates made to Gateway in more cases.

Items and Economy
  • Loamweave Enchantment: The grass that springs up around your character will now properly fade away more quickly.
  • Salvaging: All items in Malabog’s dungeon are now Salvageable.
  • Salvaging: Redcap items are no longer improperly marked as Salvageable even though they were not.
  • Lockboxes: Now have a chance to drop from minion enemies for an overall slightly higher and more even drop chance depending on what content is being played.

User Interface
  • Companions: Gem slots should no longer stop displaying under certain conditions.
  • Overworld Map: Now has updated icons and layout.
  • Bind on Equip items may no longer be equipped to the character through the character inspect widow.
  • The NPC voice over portrait has had a slightly updated art treatment.
  • The escape key should now properly close certain types of pop up menus again.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Should be up on Preview within an hour or so.
  • Options
    lassebierstroemlassebierstroem Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi panderus,

i hope the stability and performance issues will be resolved really. The game just crashes while i am writing this post =)

And what can u say about the broken dragon attacks?
  • Options
    maptexmaptex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "PvP Domination: Rogues may no longer get into enemy respawn locations."

Rogues aren't the only ones able to get into spawn points - CW's and DC's can too. Does this mean it has been fixed so that none of those classes can get in?
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    Maptex speaks truly, in fact it is easier for a CW to get into the respawn than any other class.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Lucky dragon's breath still not fixed same for wing flap :D. Better ban more ppl to make this game more enjoyable and advertise more fixes that dont even work!
    GJ so far u guys are awesome!
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    are there plans on reworking stalwart again?
    4 set bonus cant be called bonus ATM its worse than blue items
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maptex wrote: »
    "PvP Domination: Rogues may no longer get into enemy respawn locations."

Rogues aren't the only ones able to get into spawn points - CW's and DC's can too. Does this mean it has been fixed so that none of those classes can get in?

Incorrect. GWFs are also able to with Flourish.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Unstoppable still has some bug, it stop working when you are on Unstoppable and got silence or controlled on Malabog.
  • Options
    jasonf247jasonf247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited August 2013
    Any word on when the auction house buyout sorting will get fixed. It was working fine before the new content patch (in-game anyway, gateway has never worked right for quantities greater than 1). I do appreciate all the work that's been going on, but seriously, putting a list of numbers in numerical order is a first week assignment for a freshman programmer. I'd offer to come and take care of that for you, but I'm old enough that when I had the assignment, it was in Fortran.

Also, there really should be some kind of serious penalty for the first person to quit out of a dungeon party. Maybe block them from any queue for a few hours. The Malabog quest would be a definite exception until the queue actually works for it. Of course, allowing a party leader to request replacements from the queue and allowing people queuing to be able to check a box if they're willing to join a quest-in-progress would alleviate a lot of the problem too.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Again, second update since Fury of the Feywild and Flame Strike and Forgemaster's Flame are still crippled beyond belief. You broke them so fix them.

That is NOT the way to go. When are you giong to pay attention to your clerics? It's getting quite ridiculous already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jasonf247 wrote: »
    Of course, allowing a party leader to request replacements from the queue and allowing people queuing to be able to check a box if they're willing to join a quest-in-progress would alleviate a lot of the problem too.

I absolutely agree with this. The queue system is a nightmare. When you want a replacement player, you never get one. When you're running with your guild and someone leaves and you're totally fine with finishing 4 man, the queue seems to constantly stick you with a 5th player that you either kick over and over again (which I hate doing) or hope that the PUG doesn't do something stupid enough to get you killed and abides by whatever lootroll practices your guild uses. We actually make use of Greed unless we actually do need it. But because of how the roll system works, everyone usually needs whenever possible.

I wish you could enter with a party less than 5, and invite people to your party who can join you. For easy dungeons, sometimes I want to 3 or 4 man it. But mostly, if someone has to go, I want to invite a friend of guildie to join us. But that's just impossible. I guess if it worked this way, it might open up some new kinds of exploits, but honestly, none of the well-known exploits are ever fixed anyway, so what's one more if it makes life easier for everyone else.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Again, second update since Fury of the Feywild and Flame Strike and Forgemaster's Flame are still crippled beyond belief. You broke them so fix them.

That is NOT the way to go. When are you giong to pay attention to your clerics? It's getting quite ridiculous already.

I just saw the fix that addresses this and it should go out next week.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    panderus wrote: »

Thank you so much! It's been affecting us DCs for long enough that we were starting to feel like no one noticed or cared. It's good to know that it's being worked on.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited August 2013

That's very much appreciated.

Is a little bit more of love too much to ask? Maybe a little treat like... a slight buff? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That's very much appreciated.

Is a little bit more of love too much to ask? Maybe a little treat like... a slight buff? :o

What is your definition of buff? How about "Devoted Cleric: Flame Strike now estimates damage listed as fire."
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    How about some info on Impossible to Catch. Nothing in any patch notes about a change, however it no longer resists dragon knockbacks. So, is it bugged, or has it been changed ?
  • Options
    ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is your definition of buff? How about "Devoted Cleric: Flame Strike now estimates damage listed as fire."

A buff would be something that no longer makes clerics the laughing stock of every PvP match.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Perhaps making sure that when it DOES crit again, it will proc Repurpose Soul? Daunting Light, too!
  • Options
    edited August 2013

How about...

Devoted Cleric
    • Guardian of Faith: Now this daily's spell damage and healing properly scales with power/character level.
    • Healing Word: This encounter's cooldown now it's affected by recovery and it's healing power has been slightly increased.
    • Chains of blazing Light: Damage is no longer reduced by the number of targets affected.
    • Bastion of Health: This encounter's heal now accordingly scales with character level.
    • Feats: Don't get me started.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maptexmaptex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Incorrect. GWFs are also able to with Flourish.

What I said wasn't incorrect lol. Failure of inclusion of GWFs being able to get across didn't magically invalidate the fact that CW/DC/Rogues are able to :)
  • Options
    jaxlee79jaxlee79 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How about...

Devoted Cleric
    • Guardian of Faith: Now this daily's spell damage and healing properly scales with power/character level.
    • Healing Word: This encounter's cooldown now it's affected by recovery and it's healing power has been slightly increased.
    • Chains of blazing Light: Damage is no longer reduced by the number of targets affected.
    • Bastion of Health: This encounter's heal now accordingly scales with character level.
    • Feats: Don't get me started.

i would like to see:

Healing Word: Will now automatically target the party member with the lowest health when casted near other players, other wise will be act as it always has. (trying to target someone in a mob of players almost makes this spell useless in groups imo)
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Content and Environment
    • Gauntlgrym Domination: Players should no longer be able to escape the starting areas before the match begins.
    • PvP Domination: Rogues may no longer get into enemy respawn locations.
    These two things are not accomplished: I saw rogues on the respawn locations (at least in the Hotenow map) and I saw peeps using the stone in the fence of the Gauntlgrym respawn area to get out of it again.

Moreover I have problems with the character window now using my mouse.

And it is still possible to shorten the Fardelver's Crypt dungeon with the last respawn point and re-entering the instance.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    aethanas wrote: »

Moreover I have problems with the character window now using my mouse.

Your second point is fixed for this weeks push: Character Equipment: Dragging items from the equipment slots should not longer drag the window as well.
This discussion has been closed.