test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Macros whihc ones do you use

psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
Well its a new game so I finally got around to making some in game macros.

Noticed a few things I couldn't access with a simple button push.
And since I liked making them in city of heroes...I thought...what the heck.

So I am going to post what I have made so far. If anyone has any that they use maybe they can share.

First Macro:
This is one I used a lot in city of heroes searching for those crazy exploration points.....this game as with all cryptic games uses the co-ordinate system.

So I made a button for it.

/bind z "loc"

this will use the slash command /loc and display the current location of your character.
seriously this is a real game saver....if the people telling others where to find the crystals or whatever are and gave the co-ordinates we could find them ten times faster with using this command.

Second Macro:

This one I made because I got tired of the game constantly changing my text box....I really hate having to go over with the cursor and change things. So this was made as a quick way to talk to the guild or rather to the chat channel I am with.
Now this took me a bit because it was messing me up because I was having a heck of time with the channel names until I figured out I had to use multiple quotes for it to work. Because the machine wouldn't read the spaces unless it was in quotes.

/bind e "Startchatwith /chan "Your Channel Name" "

This will simply put the /chan with your channel name on the text bar allowing you to type and send a message with a single key press. In this case I chose the e key because it wasn't being used....you may want to select a differing key.

Third Macro

This one I made because I liked checking my pet stats....stupidly they wont show how long your pets are going to train in the outside window....nor can you easily get to the window with out clicking multiple tabs....and what if you want to summon a pet or dismiss and re-summon....well it was annoying so I made this.

/bind [ "pets"

this makes the [ key bring up the pet menu.

Anywise there are tons more that can be made..../cmdlist shows all the commands....

Anywise hope others post some on this thread....and hope this helps other players.
My next bind with be a party chat button so I can leave the main thing on say or zone and switch to that as needed.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow thankyou been wondering how to macro in this game
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks - nice work!
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also write a plain-text file, put it in your ...\Neverwinter\Neverwinter\Live\ directory, and then use the /bind_load_file command to reconfigure all your binds at once, which is very handy for copying your keybinds from one character to another or trading keybinds with others.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm wanting to either do an emote or say something when i invoke the gods is it possible to do that ive tried it but hasnt worked as yet
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you can bind a key to both enter a chat entry (such as a phrase or an emote) and execute an action, but I haven't tried it yet, and I don't know how they'd interact with something with a cast time like Invoking.
  • weasougweasoug Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can add these two,

/showfps 1

/netgraph 1

change the 1 to 0 to turn them off.

I don't think i need to explane what they do. lol
    Artificer.jpg

Officer of Dungeon Masters Foundry-Guild on the Dragon server.
    NW_Foundry Chat Channel| Foundry Q&A Ventrilo | THE FORGE Weekly Live Stream
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is there a way you can bind a key to say something in say when an ability is used?

Such as if I wanted to say something when I used Singularity which is bound to 2?
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anyone know if you can use a macro to swap encounter powers instead of having to bring up the character sheet? Would be nice if I could hit a couple of keys and automatically swap my solo moveset for my party moveset on my DC instead of all the dragging and dropping from the character sheet.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • naillinailli Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Where do you find all of the commands?
  • extrushextrush Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can use a macro to swap encounter powers instead of having to bring up the character sheet? Would be nice if I could hit a couple of keys and automatically swap my solo moveset for my party moveset on my DC instead of all the dragging and dropping from the character sheet.

I am also wondering this. It would be nice to be able to switch quickly rather than having to open the menu.