test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What takes most space in your bags?

yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In free2play games bags are often limited so people buy bags for real money. Bags are absolutely needed in MMOs and in Neverwinter it bugs me that my bag space is so limited.

What items litter your bags mainly? For me it is mainly the enchants. Keeping all those rank 3, 4, 5... enchants of any kinds just to gain 4 and then be able to fuse them takes the biggest part of my bags. Also my bags are quite full with companion items. Since I cannot keep the items on a companion when I make him idle to try out new companions I have to put all the different items in my backbag which is quite annoying.

Last thing that litters my bags are consumables, kits and pots. So in the end I only have very limited space left for dungeon loot. Sometimes for quests they put quest items in my bags, too - even less space for loot (btw quest items should go into a separate quest item bag, like other games do that, too).

I really wish they introduce different mechanics for the main problem: Enchants. Not only the standard enchants are a problem but also the weapon and armor ones. Since I cannot use any of them at the moment (and also wait until i have better gear) I just collect the stuff for the moment which I might want to use soon. So even more enchants as I progress through the dungeons - and they only seem to stack to 20!
Post edited by yokihiro on

Comments

• Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    In free2play games bags are often limited so people buy bags for real money. Bags are absolutely needed in MMOs and in Neverwinter it bugs me that my bag space is so limited.

What items litter your bags mainly? For me it is mainly the enchants. Keeping all those rank 3, 4, 5... enchants of any kinds just to gain 4 and then be able to fuse them takes the biggest part of my bags. Also my bags are quite full with companion items. Since I cannot keep the items on a companion when I make him idle to try out new companions I have to put all the different items in my backbag which is quite annoying.

Last thing that litters my bags are consumables, kits and pots. So in the end I only have very limited space left for dungeon loot. Sometimes for quests they put quest items in my bags, too - even less space for loot (btw quest items should go into a separate quest item bag, like other games do that, too).

I really wish they introduce different mechanics for the main problem: Enchants. Not only the standard enchants are a problem but also the weapon and armor ones. Since I cannot use any of them at the moment (and also wait until i have better gear) I just collect the stuff for the moment which I might want to use soon. So even more enchants as I progress through the dungeons - and they only seem to stack to 20!

Send all unbound enhancement to yourself. So i have up 5 letters with these things and free bags for trash or blue items. ^^ And yeah the enhancement take the most space. =(
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Enchants & runes takes up the most space.... which is why I exchanged some AD and bought two more character slots. I've got two characters with names inspired by "rune" and "enchant", and I mail all my extras to them. Yeah, it takes a little time to hit the mailbox every so often, but $5 for two mules was cheaper than $10 for a bag. Plus, they can also do invoking & crafting.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Runes, enchantments and shards. Then it'd be buff pots.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Pretty much same here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Enchantments without a doubt. I try to keep them in the bank but lets be real, the default bank space is even a bigger joke.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Well in all f2p games space of any kind is a premium privilege, and its one of the main money/in-game currency sink.
    I sold stuff on AH and bought a store bag with zen, the blue kind, it was a good investment , i have inv space to spare, can carry all the potions i want, profession kits, injury, and the new enchantment that are bound. I havent bought bank space.

Buuuuut, people keeps forgetting that they can make their own guild, yes.. your alt can make its own guild and you can purchase guild bank tabs, totally worth it, i have all my runes, enchants, dyes you name it, right now am thinking if i get the third guild tab just to have more space if i need it.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Heck, I splurged and bought the maximum amount of bag space you can get, and I still find myself running out. Moving the bounty items to the rewards section did help, but enchants and runestone can take up two greater bags, easily.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    quigonkennyquigonkenny Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What I've found helps is to just not fuse enchantments and runes at all unless you need to max one for an equipment slot. You don't really start to encounter Rank 3 enchants until the Graveyard (after which you get your final bag), and they're not regular until well later. Even with one of each type up to and including Rank 3, that only takes up the two extra storyline bags (actually 3 spots shy), giving you all of your original bag to play with. As for Rank 4's and higher, while you get them regularly in the later stages and dungeons, you only get one Rank 5 in the course of the storyline to my knowledge (a silver), so you can keep them all in mail storage (one email for enchants, one for runes) and just consolidate from time to time.

As for other items, the things that take up the most space for me are the buff pots and the kits. And once I get Alchemy to a high enough level, I can sell off all my Greater buffs and just make Majors as I need them.
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    why do you keep all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in your bags? mail it to yourself
  • Options
    quigonkennyquigonkenny Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There's a limit as to how many items can be on your email at a time.
  • Options
    zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited September 2013
    Step 1: go to Hotmail, Yahoo, GMail, etc and make X new email accounts
    Step 2: Create one new NW account for each new email you just made (2 character slots each)
    Step 3: mail all your enchants, runes, potions, etc. to @newaccountname1, @newaccountname2, etc.
    Step 4: ?
    Step 5: Profit
  • Options
    orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    zaodonn wrote: »
    Step 2: Create one new NW account for each new email you just made (2 character slots each)
    Step 3: mail all your enchants, runes, potions, etc. to @newaccountname1, @newaccountname2, etc.

I done this and this is probably the best way. you can lvl a character to lvl 4 in 15 mins. you can also lvl it higher when and if you get bored. i also use one mine as a AH alt and keep it loged at the main AH and postal courier in PE.
    i have 1 account with 2 lvl 15's on , 1 i send all my Runestones and the other all my other enchants, from there i Fuse them up until they are usefull and either send them to a main toon to use, or post them on the ah
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gear sets and fashion items.

I have different gear sets for different things on all my endgame characters (except my CW which only needs one set for everything and therefore unsurprisingly has the most bag space).

Enchants, BoE gear, shards, enhancements are all easy to store elsewhere. Several methods already mentioned in this thread. Others are bank slots and guild bank storage.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Enchantments and runes for sure. I have a single character dedicated to them, and even with a bought bag he is too full to play the game (but managed to invoke to 60 finally, and can craft).

I tossed the node-kits out. Nodes now only seem to have runes and enchantments, which drop all the time. Its been ages since I popped a node that had actual crafting materials in it.

I no longer pick up green vendor trash items.

With no node kits and no green trash, I can function with just the standard bags.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zaodonn wrote: »

$5 (or 150kish AD) for two character slots on the same account is a lot easier from a time management standpoint. This is one of those cases where a little bit of $/AD for some convenience is worth it.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bad design choice that a bank slot costs more per storage slot than an alt who can be levelled very quickly and has access to 2 bags from questing. But fairly typical for f2p titles.

I never pick up green gear and as the drop rates have made blues the new green am starting to ignore those as well unless it's higher level than an alt that could potentially use it.

Runes get sent to one alt and enchants to another with the exception of training runes which get dumped onto the AH for an AD or two. Potions are filtered down the levels as they become obselete.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Enchants of course, I also keep lots of potions about. Although 1 of my accounts is holding a lot of craftable weapons to level up atm. $10 for a bag is shameful, I did buy 2 anyway though and have a mule.