test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to log in past character selection since Aug 22 Patch

nhicodimanhicodima Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since the Feywild patch (and all patches and updates since then) I have been unable to log in past the character selection screen. I choose a character and login, the next screen begins to load and then it crashes to the desktop. Every time, without fail. I have submitted multiple error reports every time it happens.

I have tried "safe mode" a couple of times, I have tried regular mode. Every time I go back in it re-verifies all my files and nothing works. Almost 2 weeks now I have been unable to play.

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on how to get around it?

I saw one post saying to go in to Options and disable the load on demand (or whatever) option, but my options page never loads. It just sits in the taskbar and I am unable to access it.

Dell Studio XPS
Windows 8 64bit
Intel Core i5 CPU
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 512MB VRam

All of my drivers are up to date.
Post edited by nhicodima on

Comments

• miamolunamiamoluna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't know what is going on. At one point I resetted my computer. And After I did that I reinstalled the game using Arc which was around that time. And since then I haven't been able to play the game at all. It starts to load up but then put of nowhere my screen turns black. The cusor is on the screen and you hear music but there is no buttons to press and click on, and I am stuck on a black screen moving my cusor around not being able to enter the game.
  • nhicodimanhicodima Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So, after searching around I found a file:
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\hogg_errors.log

Which said:

130902 16:10:16 1 InvalidType[1]: File read from disk has bad CRC. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/bins.hogg: Bin/Geobin/Ol/E/U/U/U/P/Ugc_Crypt_Rooms.Mset: 20

Now, I had run the verify several times to no avail, so I backed up the bins.hogg file (called it bins.hogg.old) and restarted, then let it repatch about 900MB of data, then I was able to log in again.

Hope that helps if anyone else is going through the hell I have been for the past few weeks trying to log in?