test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knight's value = suicide

alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
edited September 2013 in The Militia Barracks
This ability is simply suicide in dugeons. I did not actually test this in PvP, but in PvE is simply brutal. I know half the damage of the other players go to GF and the block it can not absorb even 10% of the damage redirected.
I prefer to use the frontline surge than this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ... Anyone can use it properly in PvE?
Post edited by alderonthedraco on

Comments

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Knight's Challenge? It's fantastic for boss tanking. Especially before you're massively geared. Having a solid DC makes it a very useful skill.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Knight's Challenge? It's fantastic for boss tanking. Especially before you're massively geared. Having a solid DC makes it a very useful skill.
    Knight's valor - Defend your party, temporarily intercepting half of all damage They would have taken, and then builds threat based on a portion of how much you intercepted.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My bad, thought you meant KC. Should have actually read the entire post. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• sakiz105sakiz105 Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2013
    This ability is supposed to save your bad group,but your bad group kills you.Worths nothing,even if you need some extra threat
  • kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2013
    Works great with a group who knows what red circles do...
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    for low HP GF its suicide
    but for 30k+ HP GF its not

if you want to use it make sure that your fighters recovery is ready it will save you from death
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    Just know that I take instant kill when I try to save two or three players who are being attacked by adds even with iron warrior active. 30k HP...
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Knights of valour is a terrific skill for helping generate threat . its effectiveness of course can be measured by the type of group you're with. the best method I found to use this skill is attacking smaller groups of ads with supremacy of steel up and a high life steal score. of course it helps if your group knows not to just stand in the red areas. just kill can mean death for any type of GF but I'll be willing to bet that it's the conquerors that have the hardest time with that
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As long as you have 30k+ and Iron Warrior and low risk of multiple players being one-shot at the same time, Knight's Valor is good for kiting. Epic Frozen Heart endboss is particularly useful case for it. By contrast, CN's Xivros fight is risky and generally not worth it due to the bosses fast, almost one-shotting aoe if there are any melee in the group (also the fight is easy if CW's just do their job).

Otherwise I would never use it during normal dungeon runs due to the high risk of it bugging and therefore becoming unusable.
  • elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Use it for an easy kitting mode at the end of frozen heart, 2nd boss of Karrundax.
  • vagrantpivagrantpi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I love KV. Pop KV, wait 4-5 secs to pop IW, then Supremacy of Steel to give back some of the hurt. I've pulled a group out of a fire more than once with KV, it's a dungeon essential for me.
  • ruonthehuntruonthehunt Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If your group is using standing pets this will also back fire on you as you intercept the pet damage as well and pets do not move- FYI, I guarantee that is the problem you are having. If you are running with a group who all have stones/cats you will see better results. Also to caviate on fondlez post, if you are fighting a boss/mob that uses a very fast AoE insta kill don't use this ability, such as the storm mages in MC or 3rd phase dragon in MC. Also like caexar said using this ability in conjunction with SoS w/lifesteal, esp if you ahvehte Priest of Kelemvor is Godly