test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Revert The Equipping Change

runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Bind on Equip items may no longer be equipped to the character through the character inspect widow.

This is (in my opinion) a horrible change to the user interface. No longer being able to drag and drop gear into the slots is very inconvenient. Especially for people playing characters still leveling up. Even more so for TR characters and any character changing rings.

On top of that its added all kinds of bugs. Just check out some of the bugs here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?471661-Equipping-and-Gemming-Gear-Broken

and here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?473971-Strange-Character-sheet-and-confirmation-box-issues

I don't know why it was changed, and at this point I don't care. As a player I just know you guys made something in a great game a real pain in the rear. I hope you reconsider it.
Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
Post edited by runebane on

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just tried to equip a ring to my DC's left hand. Even using the drop-down menu for that slot, it equips only to her right hand. I really want it on her left hand because it's a better version of the ring she already wears there, and I want to keep the stats on her right hand. This "fix" broke a lot more than it fixed. I'm not looking forward to equipping my TR's gear because I'm going to hit the exact same thing, and it's frustrating.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    deganjideganji Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Supporting to have this reverted. Strange and stupid change. What was the point?

For those rogues or people that like to wear two rings, you have to go to the character sheet and right click the off hand to unequip, then use the empty off hand slots drop down menu to select the new gear from the list.

Only way I've found to equip into off hands and it's a pain.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Adding my support as well. This was really a poorly thought out change.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, this pretty much sucks for my TR as I'm constantly swapping out blades.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I thought it was my UI acting strange. Now that I see alot of people having this issue.

yes I support to revert this.

Its irritating these unnessecary changes happen.
  • Options
    flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited September 2013
    This is a really stupid change. This is how I change my gear and I don't see why this was necessary at all?
  • Options
    wintersbrethwintersbreth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Support for the change back.
  • Options
    bazzerliskbazzerlisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agreed! I just can't imagine how some clown come up with this and actually though it was good?...the mind boggles.