test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unequip drag bug?

talleydarkstar2talleydarkstar2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
At times I try and unequip an item for one reason or another and when I left click on the item to move it to my inventory, the whole character window moves along with it. Anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by talleydarkstar2 on

Comments

• alassaelalassael Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had that happen to me tonight. I find if you right-click the item on your character sheet, it will give a list of possible alternate items. When I do it that way, it equips just fine. Not sure what the bug is, but it was irritating for a few minutes.
    Tip of the Day: The forums are not for guides or tips or learning how to play. They are here for people to whine until something gets nerfed or buffed.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is a known issue and technically a 'fix' (we're not supposed to be able to equip items by dragging anymore), but it can lead to potentially game-breaking weirdness so watch out. See this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?473971-Strange-Character-sheet-and-confirmation-box-issues
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • talleydarkstar2talleydarkstar2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, well, at least it's just not me.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I made a post here asking them to revert this for the convenience issue if nothing else. And discuss the non-buggy side of this silly change. Because not even counting the bugs its now a pain to equip rings and TR weapons in the right slot.

If we get to far into discussing the bugs there they will move it into the bug forum with the other threads. But honestly even if the change was bug-free it'd still be unacceptable. I don't understand would any MMO designer would consider it ok to take away the ability to use drag & drop from the character paperdoll.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • deganjideganji Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    But honestly even if the change was bug-free it'd still be unacceptable. I don't understand would any MMO designer would consider it ok to take away the ability to use drag & drop from the character paperdoll.

Has anyone said why this was changed and why they don't want us dragging and dropping to equip?

Are they just trying to be "different" from other games or something? The change logically make no sense what so ever.

Edit: Just thinking about it, I bet they were mad that everyone was dragging and dropping to equip and not using the awesome drop down menu buttons they put on the character sheet. All I can come up with on why they made this change