test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the Feywild Dropbox drop rate too high?

harrybushtillharrybushtill Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since the last patch I'm getting Feywild drop boxes dropping practically every other fight. That means I go through some 10-20 keys per day!! Not to mention the devaluing effect on the boxes themselves and their content ...
Post edited by harrybushtill on

Comments

• jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Since the last patch I'm getting Feywild drop boxes dropping practically every other fight. That means I go through some 10-20 keys per day!! Not to mention the devaluing effect on the boxes themselves and their content ...

The boxes are only worth 200 AD at the most because you can buy them from a vendor for that much, so devaluing them is not a real issue. Also, you do not have to open them. Why would you open them anyway? There is almost nothing of any value in there. The mount and companion are the only things that sell from the box. Well, the new professional pack isn't horrible, but many are skipping these professions because they are pretty bad and the market is saturated with the assets. Everything else is garbage. You are better off opening the old boxes.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lucky you; they don't drop frequently for me so I have fewer than ten (that I don't have the spare money to open right now anyway but it's nice to think about). The RNG does what it wants when it feels like doing it.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hear ya', I'm gettin' nearly Champions Online levels of Lockbox droppage here.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's weird... the lockboxes seem to drop more frequently from enemies in the open world than from instances. I've been leveling up a new GWF in the regular campaign, and she's got about 11 of them so far, while my existing level 60's barely got 4 apiece...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They recently changed it so minion level mobs could now drop boxes. They couldnt do so previously.
  • nevarineswagyolonevarineswagyolo Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    More boxes drop, more keys will be bought.
    Can't get more simple then that.
    Neravarine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    More boxes drop, more keys will be bought.
    Can't get more simple then that.

As people have already pointed out. You can already buy all the boxes you want. Short of putting in an automated "pull here for box" dispenser they have made getting a box as easy as it can be.

If you are relying on drops to feed your box opening needs. You are simply doing it wrong. Increasing the drop rate has not changed a thing other then to clutter up your inventory more.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    About the same as the nightmare lockboxes before in terms of drop rate.
  • oggear511oggear511 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    2,5% is the drop rate
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There's no reason for the drop rate on lockboxes to be low. They don't want them to be rare - they want them to be available when people want them. (Also, they want them popping up with some regularity to remind people that they exist.)

I'm getting Feywild drop boxes dropping practically every other fight. That means I go through some 10-20 keys per day!!

Just because they're dropping for you, that doesn't mean you have to open them. Heck, I still have a couple hundred Nightmare boxes sitting around in my bank. If you don't want to open the Feywild boxes, why not just toss 'em?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    today, i got faewylde 12 boxes in less than 1 hour from the drops, most from Icespire zone.

when i get nightmare boxes, they were usaully dropped 1 per 1-2 hrs of playing times.

i wont buy keys til the cost go down. it seem increased drops and they want us spend more faster.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I think the drop rates should be lowered a bit. These boxes have been dropping everywhere and with the Nightmare boxes, not so much.
  • vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah pretty much, they figure if you have more boxes, you'll need more keys. It feeds into the " gambler" mindset
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vheeshane wrote: »
    yeah pretty much, they figure if you have more boxes, you'll need more keys. It feeds into the " gambler" mindset

It's the exact opposite with me. If these boxes were rare, they would be worth opening to me. I've got like 30 or 40 boxes just today and no urge to even open 1 box. I understand Cryptic needs to make money but I don't appreciate these boxes being shoved in my face as often as they are.
  • zrieprakiszrieprakis Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm just leaving them on the ground now, no interest in opening them at all.
  • mokum666mokum666 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i must have loot like a 100 or so yesterday its getting rediculus lols
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    As people have already pointed out. You can already buy all the boxes you want. Short of putting in an automated "pull here for box" dispenser they have made getting a box as easy as it can be.

If you are relying on drops to feed your box opening needs. You are simply doing it wrong. Increasing the drop rate has not changed a thing other then to clutter up your inventory more.

I disagree with you on this. Just because you buy the boxes, that doesn't put them in your face...or in your inventory. Having boxes all over the place is a constant reminder and having them in your inventory is even more reinforcement. There is no subtlety to this. Also, this is exactly why they have a world wide admin notification when someone else wins a mount or companion. The game is reminding you of what you could win too...go buy a key.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)