test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not so Fast: Discuss

farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Not so Fast the GWFs first and most staple AOE attack. Has a cool down for about 10 seconds and deals damage at around twice what your Greatsword base is listed at. Has a Hit cap of 5 Targets in a 360 arc in a close area around the GWF. Targets hit are slowed briefly, damage is reduced if more than one target is hit.

My 14k GWF can crit 3 target dummies for about 3500 Damage with this encounter.
My 9k DC can use Divine power Daunting Light Encounter and crit 3 target dummies for 10k Damage

There is a reason why you see so many players complain about GWFS aoe encounters. Because they are not even half as strong as a DC's aoe encounters.

My suggestion for Not so Fast is simple.
+100% Damage
Remove reduced Damage for targets hit.

Keep the 5 target hit cap. I want this move to be powerful good for close up and not wasted if you only hit 2-3 targets. This should put the move on par but probably a little weaker than a DC's daunting light. But above all it will make this move be chose for PvE area moves above Flourish. Flourish deals 3-4 times the damage to a single target if a GWF wants to keep on top of the damage charts he uses flourish and not Not So Fast
Post edited by farfig1337 on

Comments

• holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Buff the damage, remove the snare effect. The GWF needs at least one good pure damage encounter power.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I say keep the snare effect with a slightly larger radius. The damage increased with the hit cap in place.

Also the snare needs to last longer. 2 seconds longer would be good enough for me.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Keep the power the same. Sell class respec token for gwfs to become dc the superior aoe dps class. $$$? Profit!
  • belprahbelprah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't think the comparison between Not so Fast and Daunting Light is adequate, because the latter is pure damage, unless feated for it, while NsF comes with a debuff by default.
    Granted, it's a crappy debuff. A VERY crappy one, actually, perhaps meant to be in synergy with the even more useless Reaping Strike, but still one.
    I'd rather compare Not So Fast to Divine Glow. Both are instant cast, both can crit for approximately the same amount (3k on my 9.4 DC) and both apply a debuff. Except Divine Glow's debuff lasts 3 times longer and is infinitely more useful, especially when cast in Divinity and cleverly laid down.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I kinda agree to the comparison of Not So Fast to Daunting light in regards that each move is the best AOE damage encounter for there respective class. Note that for Daunting light to be a good Aoe Encounter you need divine power. And when you think that the GWF's role is Aoe Damage why do there Aoe Encounters suck so much. Just take the DC's 3 best damage dealing encounters and hold them up to the GWF's best three. I think you will find there worst of 3 is better than the GWF's best of three.

Not so fast should not be a "control" power it needs to be a damage power pure and simple. Increase its area up the damage and maybe even remove hit cap and definitely remove reduced damage per target hit.
  • farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yup this buff should really be implemented, Have gotten the most favorable results from this thread above all the others. Everyone else thinks the others are not good enough while this one is just right.