test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

about cleric feats and MH

kisssslivekisssslive Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Temple
Hey im 46 Cleric at Dragon shard i will be 60 next 2 days maybe tomorrow and i want to ask which set would be best for pve healer cleric some people says MH and others Prophet.Also this is my build http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nlr:4zj77:a434,13l3335:6c000:6z50v:6x000&h=1 any advice about feats i will be grateful thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Post edited by kisssslive on

Comments

• veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Excellent power and feat selection, it's very similar to what I did in my build so maybe you want to read it here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?434791-Pincushion-Cleric-PVP-PVE-Build

The only thing I might change is to put a single point into healing action from cleanse because of the rapidity of astral shield ticks you won't notice much difference between 20% and 30% chance. Do not put more than 1 point into healing action because the way it works, there is almost no difference between 1 and 5 points.

The lifesteal in prophet champion isn't great, but it is kind of decent. Say you have 5 little mobs around you, you can brand of the sun them in 4 seconds, and assuming no crits, heal yourself for at least 2k hp from the armor set lifesteal. Or say you slot daunting light, and you are teammed with 2-3 cw's at MC or CN, and you cast a daunting light on some bunched up and debuffed mobs and hit for a total of 100k hp, that's 9k-10k hp heal from just life steal. Where prophet champion really shines is in divinity gain. You'll simply be overflowing with divinity when you use it with divine fortune and healing word. But if you go prophet champion, you have to slot every offense slot with azure enchantments. You can't ignore critical strike, it's extremely important for proccing repurpose soul and building divinity/ap.
  • kisssslivekisssslive Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thank you for advice prophet champion set looking better with divinity bonus and also thanks for comments about feats i will try after 60 in some dungeons and maybe i can change some feats :)
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have both sets and like Prophet Champion more. A lot of it depends on your playstyle, but here are some reasons why I prefer Prophet Champion: While Miracle Healer has better crit, my constitution isn't high enough to make much use of its set bonus (5% of 24000 is still 1200HP). Although I could invest in some radiant enchantments, I feel that defense is more practical unless I'd also start slotting for regen. Secondly, Prophet Champion's life steal is actually pretty handy... All you have to do is just slap a few enemies with Brand of the Sun and Astral Seal, and most of your self-healing needs are cared for (which benefits everyone, as you can better focus on healing and helping teammates).

Overall, it really boils down to if you feel that more Divinity would be useful (think both with and without Divine Fortune slotted). Prophet Champion is also easier to get because there is less RNG involved (and even the worst-geared pugs can beat Fardelver).

As for your build, it looks good to me. I agree with Veramis that putting three points in cleanse is too much. Cleanse has an internal cooldown (of 20 seconds), so one or two points works just as well. Healing Action is also quite bad. Here is a whole thread on how useless it actually is, but considering many of our heroic feats are kind of terrible (Templar's Domain rumoredly has a 5-minute cooldown), so the real question is where you'd even put those extra points.

Edit: Oh, and here's an additional and rather shallow reason, but Miracle Healer's holy suspenders make my half-elf look like she has been channeling divinity straight into her belly. :rolleyes:
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cleanse cooldown was buffed to 8 seconds. Thanks for that link, if that's true I'll take back my suggestion to go healing action and say your feat choice is already as good as I can imagine for pve build :).
  • lxfanglxfang Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Feats and powers look fine. 3/3 cleanse is a bit much but there's not much to gain in the other feats. I don't find greater divine power that useful but that's personal preference. You may want points in bastion of health if you're going pve healer but it's still an iffy power, especially without the feats for it. Unlike most of our other powers though, bastion of health is one of the few to be buffed instead of nerfed.

As far as prophet champion vs miracle healer, I prefer MH but it's easier to get prophet champion as a new 60. The lifesteal would be more useful if you went with linked spirit feat but who knows when they'll finish trying to find ways to nerf that feat. It mostly comes down to playstyle and the party. If you're really struggling with divine power, prophet champion'll help. Miracle Healer does more for passive healing though. Even if it only heals for 1200 hp, it's with every encounter cast. With sunburst alone, you can cast 4 to 6 times a minute, so that's 4800 to 7200 hp that can heal yourself or other people. Prophet champion's lifesteal will only heal yourself, and only if you're doing damage. That can be tricky if you're kiting mobs.
  • hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Beacon of Faith is a great set not to be underestimated.