test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with my Rogue

azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I have a level 60 rogue, GS is around 10.7k and whilst I usually do quite well in dungeons I want to know what I can do to improve my damage output further and better make sure that no other rogue beats me. So if you can advise on which areas I need to gain more points in, or which armours/weapons to look for, then please let me know.

cmts.jpg

Many Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    azeryk1 wrote: »
    I have a level 60 rogue, GS is around 10.7k and whilst I usually do quite well in dungeons I want to know what I can do to improve my damage output further and better make sure that no other rogue beats me. So if you can advise on which areas I need to gain more points in, or which armours/weapons to look for, then please let me know.

cmts.jpg

Many Thanks!

Do you PvP much? If so you'll want to beef up both your crit and armor penetration. You might consider shooting for Battlefield Skulker set (Grym PvP gear) as it gives a nice boost to both stealth uptime and armor penetration.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I PvP now and again but get annoyed by it too much - I spend most of my time doing dungeons and skirmishes so want to top score in that all of the time :)
  • Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I see you went for a bunch of power through your gear from the 2pc bonuses from the master assassin and shadewalker's sets. Although power is good for damage, you should cansider getting more crit and armor pen in there as well, not forgetting recovery. Recovery helps with getting your AP faster so u can drop lurkers more often in a dungeon. Idk if you have one but an augmenting pet does wonders for your stats when u gear it a bit. A decent weapon enchant is also a great boost for your dps, i recommend a vorpal (as high as you can afford or farm for) or the cheaper plaguefire. Plaguefire enchants have a debuff to them so if you're in a party with another rogue who is using, lets say, a vorpal enchant then he can benefit from the debuff plague offers while u gain nothing from his, more selfish, vorpal enchant so this could make out-dpsin' other rogues difficult.

Other than that, your skills make a big difference and dropping and re-stacking you DF bleeds when its not a large crit is very wise.
  • Options
    bigbascdtbigbascdt Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2013

cmts.jpg

Many Thanks!

For PvE, best possible gear (not including enchants) would be swashbuckling captain's armor set, the added 1k power and recovery are amazing, and it only takes 1 full duellists' flurry to stack it completely. For daggers, obviously the ancient set is BiS. Necklace is a toss up, either ancient excorcist's necklace or ancient fugitive's necklace of revolt. Ancient excorcist, slot recovery, and ancient fugitive, slot armor pen. Rings should be ancient slavemasters' ring of control slotted with armor pen/power, and belt should be a blue belt, piercing berserker's belt, slotted with power. Shirt/pants should be gemmed exquisite, offense slotted with power, and pants slotted with radiant. Utility slots slot movement, and defense slot radiant. Companion should be a stone or a cat, slotted with as much armor pen as you possibly can, unless you hit the 2400 cap, then slot power. Once you get that, you will have BiS armor, and you should be doing top damage every dungeon.
    *EDIT*
    For a cheaper alternative to swash armor, you could run battlefield skulker's armor, and run bait and switch, shadow strike, and impossible to catch as your encounters. I keep up with most rogues in swash armor with my skulkers, because of the extra armor pen, and have recovery slotted instead in my companion.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Whats's better for a rogue - defense or deflection?

My crit chance is currently around the 45% mark so might look at getting more armour pen. then - at what level should power be then?

Currently can't afford fancy things like vorpal or plaguefire - well not yet any way.

I currently have the free cleric as pet :-(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fyi encounters i use are Lashing Blade, Dazing Strike and Blitz/Deft Strike
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Whats's better for a rogue - defense or deflection?

My crit chance is currently around the 45% mark so might look at getting more armour pen. then - at what level should power be then?

Currently can't afford fancy things like vorpal or plaguefire - well not yet any way.

I currently have the free cleric as pet :-(

In terms of defense slots, as of right now, unless defense or deflection gets buffed, +maxhp is better than both. My PvE build is I think 50%, but your feats may be different than mine. Don't worry about getting vorpal/plaguefire until you have the gear too. In regards to your asking what should power be at, I'd say around 4500 when slotted decently, and maybe hitting 5k if geared very well. Personally, I'd work on getting stone first, as it gives the most bang for your buck. Just find a friendly guild that will run T2 dungeons with you, and you'll get your gear soon enough.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bigbascdt wrote: »
    For PvE, best possible gear (not including enchants) would be swashbuckling captain's armor set, the added 1k power and recovery are amazing, and it only takes 1 full duellists' flurry to stack it completely. For daggers, obviously the ancient set is BiS. Necklace is a toss up, either ancient excorcist's necklace or ancient fugitive's necklace of revolt. Ancient excorcist, slot recovery, and ancient fugitive, slot armor pen. Rings should be ancient slavemasters' ring of control slotted with armor pen/power, and belt should be a blue belt, piercing berserker's belt, slotted with power. Shirt/pants should be gemmed exquisite, offense slotted with power, and pants slotted with radiant. Utility slots slot movement, and defense slot radiant. Companion should be a stone or a cat, slotted with as much armor pen as you possibly can, unless you hit the 2400 cap, then slot power. Once you get that, you will have BiS armor, and you should be doing top damage every dungeon.
    *EDIT*
    For a cheaper alternative to swash armor, you could run battlefield skulker's armor, and run bait and switch, shadow strike, and impossible to catch as your encounters. I keep up with most rogues in swash armor with my skulkers, because of the extra armor pen, and have recovery slotted instead in my companion.

I've had a quick look through the items you've suggested, am starting to et the feel that I've gone a tad defensive with my current build - is survivability a problem?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've had a quick look through the items you've suggested, am starting to et the feel that I've gone a tad defensive with my current build - is survivability a problem?

Survivability is definitely nice to have, but honestly, you don't need to have that much in order to burn down the bosses in this game, all of their major attacks are easily dodgeable. Before I go any further, how does your feat tree look? For PvE, executioner build is the best, because of the extra crit severity you get from pretty much everything.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I went through the executioner route so things look quite good there, I think it's since I hit level 60 that things went a little pear-shaped :p

I agree with getting the stone companion first though, it seems to be the way to get the biggest stat increase and then tweak the armours second. I have a nice guild although getting the remaining 300,000 AD for the stone might take a while :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I guess you mean Stone of Allure, not Stone of Might :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I guess you mean Stone of Allure, not Stone of Might :(

Yes, stone of allure. It is about 100k AD cheaper if you buy it from the zen store using the zen-AD exchange currently though. I've respecced about 5 times so far, just to get a build that fits my playstyle, and I still need to respec once more to fix my ability points. It may take some time to figure out exactly what your playstyle is, but just try out different stuff. After I finally adjusted to my playstyle, it was much easier to start doing loads more damage in dungeons, because I knew how my toon worked from front to back, how much damage, everything. Just find your niche and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for that, it will save me a good chunk of AD :)

Am still having to adapt my play style, this is the first MMO I've really got into and on other RPG's like Diablo3 and Skyrim I've always played as a duel wielding warrior so I'm having to get used to not being hit :p
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ok, so things have moved on a fair bit since I last poster. I have the Stone of Allure and am currently sporting a 12.5k gear score.

20a8nwl.png

The next thing I'm looking to get are the armor and weapon enchancements and was wondering which ones are best for a damage dealing rogue?
  • Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok, so things have moved on a fair bit since I last poster. I have the Stone of Allure and am currently sporting a 12.5k gear score.

20a8nwl.png

The next thing I'm looking to get are the armor and weapon enchancements and was wondering which ones are best for a damage dealing rogue?

havent paid too much attention on the new enchants that feywild brought but afaik vorpal seems to be best here. I'd recommend a greater or perfect if you can afford but starting with the regular vorpal enchant (25% crit severity) if fine too as the others are really expensive. I went Soulforge for my armor enchant. I currently have the lesser soulforge equipped but i'm not really bothered to upgrade it yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah it would need to be the normal one, can't quite stretch to the 3 million needed for the greater one. But sounds like Vorpal is the way to go
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    really the lesser soulforged is all you really need for armor
  • Options
    xfrancescaxxfrancescax Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    is there any chance of getting power and feats reset?
  • Options
    desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    ZEN shop

Ah well
    -Desstzo