test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP mode suggestions

epicin1epicin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello everyone,

My name is Wolfarmy and I am here because i think NW lacks in pvp way too much while it has got so much potential. Let me suggest a couple of things I would really love to see in the game.

1. Guild Battles: It's what the name says, you fight with your guild. I would love to see a mode in which you can fight with a guild against a guild, no matter the number or level (unless this is set in settings which you can adjusted by the guild leaders). This can either be pve or pvp. The pve part is you go in some new dungeon designed to handle a whole guild (20-200 players) and let the mobs be adjusted to the number and level of people playing. Make a few maps of this and it will be great fun (and let is count as a normal dungeon too).
For the pvp part it will be fun if you have several chooseable maps which two or more guilds fight each other for glory, gold and experience. Different modes in this can be defend the castle, attack the castle, both of these and plain team deathmatch.
Lastly of number one it would be cool if you put maybe 40-60 players in a map and let them deathmatch each other. Just to see what happens (im curious lol).

2. Duels: I don't see why this isn't in the game yet. Either its impossible to program in this game or they encountered a major obstacle, or they simply forgot about it. But if you let duels exist between two players I could finally pwn that one guy who betrayed my guild.

3. Different maps and modes for pvp: Two great maps, great but thats it. There's only two of them. Some more maps (chooseable) would be really great.
As for the modes, there are alot to choose from: Attack and defend the castle, capture the flag, search and destroy and all those other modes you see in shooters. Its alot of work but it would shut the mouth of players saying the pvp sucks, which it doesnt. Except for great weapon fighters.

A last word: These are only suggestions. I dont mean to critisize cryptic and PWE for their work, since i think its a great game. I do hope someone will take a look at it and add it to the future content.

Thanks for reading!
Post edited by epicin1 on

Comments

• Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    could'nt you put that in the feedback ideas thread?
  • Options
    athro420athro420 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    id like to see a capture the flag style map that be cool, definitely duals would be sweet, and a pvp quest zone where you if you steal a node you can get jacked lol.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2013
    Im all-in for this !
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Duels are stupid. If they ever came there would be a immense nerdrage parade followed by stupid nerfs and class destruction.

You wanna duel? Play tekken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    mrdadomrdado Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Imo, anything more than 20 people from each guild is too many, and also, it would be better as an endgame thingie. It would be nice to see and experience that kind of fighting.

And yeah, +1 on no duels.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Duels are stupid. If they ever came there would be a immense nerdrage parade followed by stupid nerfs and class destruction.

You wanna duel? Play tekken.

duels wouldnt lead to that in any sort of way, i dont know how you came up with this but youre on the wrong internet
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    epicin1 wrote: »
    duels wouldnt lead to that in any sort of way, i dont know how you came up with this but youre on the wrong internet

I came up with this with almost 14 years of playing MMOs. It always happens. No exceptions.
    How did you come to the conclussion that i'm on the wrong internet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    I came up with this with almost 14 years of playing MMOs. It always happens. No exceptions.
    How did you come to the conclussion that i'm on the wrong internet?
    That is because you need to explain why and how it may lead to class destruction. There wont be any reason to nerf, since you have situations on one-on-one pvp (rare though) and if they would nerf it they would have already done it. Other game developers may have done this but there is no reason to do so in NW.