test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear Devs: Can we get more of the new NPC/Skins

ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
I was looking through the NPC models and I noticed a lot of the new content skins that I would like to use missing...

What are our chances of getting the following NPC/Skins:

Unicorn
Sylph
Leprechaun
Aranea (both forms)
Deer/Stags

These are just the ones that I was looking for, I am sure other people may have stuff to add to the list.

Players: Remember I am only talking about stuff already in the game - not new skins from scratch that we might want
Post edited by ministerofchange on

Comments

• Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No way, Foundry authors can not be trusted with more assets, they might exploit them, and we'd be seeing them in every quest. At least that's the answer I keep getting when asking about dragons.
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No way, Foundry authors can not be trusted with more assets, they might exploit them, and we'd be seeing them in every quest. At least that's the answer I keep getting when asking about dragons.

Come on you know that is not right. We can have them... If we are Elite authors. ;)

Narayan
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The Dragon thing is the fear of giving them to us as Encounters - what I want is just NPC/Skin
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The Dragon thing is the fear of giving them to us as Encounters - what I want is just NPC/Skin

Which to them is the same thing. Take any encounter and reskin it with the npc dragon skin... And since most of us poor authors make trash... nevermind... ;)

Narayan
    Narayan
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Which to them is the same thing. Take any encounter and reskin it with the npc dragon skin... And since most of us poor authors make trash... nevermind... ;)

Narayan
    Craig Zinkevich (Cryptic COO) says only 200 STO quests are as good as official content, here's his presentation.
    http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016471/User-Generated-Content-In-MMOs

200_missions.jpg
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Craig Zinkevich (Cryptic COO) says only 200 STO quests are as good as official content

Amazing. You link to an image that contradicts what you're saying. He's not saying anything about comparisons to official content. He's saying that only about 200 received the highest rating. That's not a matter of interpretation. That's simple fact.

Then again, I know math and reading can be hard.
  • Options
    zerkovaplayerzerkovaplayer Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was looking through the NPC models and I noticed a lot of the new content skins that I would like to use missing...

What are our chances of getting the following NPC/Skins:

Unicorn
    Sylph
    Leprechaun
    Aranea (both forms)
    Deer/Stags

These are just the ones that I was looking for, I am sure other people may have stuff to add to the list.

Players: Remember I am only talking about stuff already in the game - not new skins from scratch that we might want
    Beholders... gelatinous cubes...
    Foundry Quest: Breaking the Chain NW-DELOGH4IH
    (Daily eligible! Could use more reviews. Largely complete.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Amazing. You link to an image that contradicts what you're saying. He's not saying anything about comparisons to official content. He's saying that only about 200 received the highest rating. That's not a matter of interpretation. That's simple fact.

I can tell you only looked at my username and the image, made an assumption, and then didn't watch the video. You should watch the video, specifically between the 33 and 34 minute mark.

"only about 200 of them have hit that mark.... some may say that's a terrible ratio, who cares about UGC if that's all you're going to get? In Star Trek Online 200 quests, that's 200 hours of content not created by my dev team, that is as good as the stuff they create."

So yeah, only about 200 STO quests as good as official content, per Cryptic's COO.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can tell you only looked at my username and the image, made an assumption, and then didn't watch the video. You should watch the video, specifically between the 33 and 34 minute mark.

"only about 200 of them have hit that mark.... some may say that's a terrible ratio, who cares about UGC if that's all you're going to get? In Star Trek Online 200 quests, that's 200 hours of content not created by my dev team, that is as good as the stuff they create."

So yeah, only about 200 STO quests as good as official content, per Cryptic's COO.

Again, you're reading things that aren't there. In particular, you're adding the word "only" where it doesn't belong. It makes the entire difference.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Again, you're reading things that aren't there. In particular, you're adding the word "only" where it doesn't belong. It makes the entire difference.
    You should watch it and transcribe it to your satisfaction, because I'm not sure how you take
    "In Star Trek Online 200 quests, that's 200 hours of content not created by my dev team, that is as good as the stuff they create." otherwise. There's no only in that sentence, that's '200 quests as good as the dev team's stuff' according to Cryptic's COO.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

First off... Did you watch the video?

And... IMHO... It seems to me that they are only concerned about the 0.004% of content. That is what they want to promote. That is what they want to normal players to see and play. Doesn't seem like they care much about the other 99.994% of content. Just my opinion. You may have a different one and that is fine. But please do not tell me I am wrong.

Narayan
    Narayan
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    First off... Did you watch the video?

And... IMHO... It seems to me that they are only concerned about the 0.004% of content. That is what they want to promote. That is what they want to normal players to see and play. Doesn't seem like they care much about the other 99.994% of content. Just my opinion. You may have a different one and that is fine. But please do not tell me I am wrong.

Narayan
    He didn't when I posted it, and he still didn't after I told him he should. So I'm not sure he will.

People should watch that though. The relevant part starts at around the 33 minute mark. The video isn't new, it's not even new to the Foundry forum, it was posted here in these forums by multiple people as long ago as February (there's even one January 31 mention according to google). google site search.

For people who were in the foundry beta, this presentation is not new news.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    For the record, I watched the video way back when it was first posted. Notice the Silverstar under my handle. My interest in the Foundry is above average.
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited August 2013
    Love the way a request for new skins gets twisted into this snarky off topic trash, because someone had to make a rude inappropriate comment. Seems to me that the point is being missed here, and it has nothing to do with dragons, so put it back in your pants.

To bring it back to topic, I too would like to see more of the Feywild special critters represented in costumes. Especially the deer and such. We are at a shortage of natural creatures for encounters and I would like to support the idea that we get more of these types of things when they are available. As they exist in the game today it would be great to get the already created artwork ported into the foundry.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    celantra wrote: »
    Love the way a request for new skins gets twisted into this snarky off topic trash, because someone had to make a rude inappropriate comment. Seems to me that the point is being missed here, and it has nothing to do with dragons, so put it back in your pants.

To bring it back to topic, I too would like to see more of the Feywild special critters represented in costumes. Especially the deer and such. We are at a shortage of natural creatures for encounters and I would like to support the idea that we get more of these types of things when they are available. As they exist in the game today it would be great to get the already created artwork ported into the foundry.

You are right. I would like to see a lot more critters to use as encounters. Not just the new ones.
    Narayan
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've also just noticed that everywhere I seem to go there are NPCs actually sitting on benches and things properly. Can we get a sitting animation finally?!?
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    For the record, I watched the video way back when it was first posted. Notice the Silverstar under my handle. My interest in the Foundry is above average.

Yes, we all know about your fancy title, and how your quest was featured. We also know how you rabidly attack anyone who says anything negative about the devs and/or the Foundry. My interest in you is below average.