test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What new races would you like to see?

diomedes3diomedes3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
these are just from my knowledge of D&D 3.5, what would you like to see?
Darfellen
Hardozee
Killoren
Catfolk
Centaur
Half-dragon
Dragonborn
Stonechild
Aasimar
Gensai
mongrelfolk
Pixie

these are traditionally evil characters but they could be player races as well
Gnoll
Mindflayer
Drow
Kobold
Rhaksasha
Tanaruk
Feyri
skulk
Post edited by diomedes3 on

Comments

• Options
    malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kobold, because I want to be a little pesky lizard person.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Drow are already playable (founder's pack Menzoberranzan Renegade) and apparently they want to make generic drow playable as well.
    Personally I want Dragonborn and Warforged
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ettins cause to head are better then one. Can equip 2 piece of head gear and get both bonuses. :cool:
  • Options
    psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mind flayer? Yes, please.
  • Options
    sayaprayersayaprayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Genasi and Duergar Renegade or some other comparable background. I would enjoy seeing the option to choose sub races on some of the existing races currently in game; i.e. Gold Dwarf, Shield Dwarf, Sun Elves, Wild Elves, Strongheart Halflings etc.. More variation in stats and background.

Take Care,

Sayaprayer
  • Options
    damionasdamionas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see genasi and dragonborn and this is based more on 4.0 not 3.5 and we are dealing with forgotten realms lore and neverwinter you wont see alot of the races. Warforged is eberron.
    15.jpg
  • Options
    thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragonborn!
  • Options
    drax357drax357 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love to see the cat-folk, half-dragon(both chromatic and metallic kinds), and the gnolls( I really like the flind gnoll as I am playing one as a fighter).
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Kobold. Preferably with the bard spec. You all know why.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AASIMAR PLEASE. Any of the celestials.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    fornahn1fornahn1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    before they get all fancy with the races I would prefer to see the PHB1 races finished, Gnomes, Dragonborn and Eladrin to start. Sub races can be made up with character design and backgrounds. Drow are meh, they should leave it as the founders race only, I would be extremely pissed if I payed $200 for early access to them vs sole access.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fornahn1 wrote: »
    before they get all fancy with the races I would prefer to see the PHB1 races finished, Gnomes, Dragonborn and Eladrin to start. Sub races can be made up with character design and backgrounds. Drow are meh, they should leave it as the founders race only, I would be extremely pissed if I payed $200 for early access to them vs sole access.

You are going to be disappointed.....and clearly did not read...
  • Options
    fornahn1fornahn1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did read and also did not pay for the $200 founders, so no not disappointed. Just a shame that they release Drow like they are and leave out a D&D corner stone like the gnome. Maybe we will get Gnomes when they release a bard.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Centaur

I don't want to pay for a mount ;)
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    fornahn1 wrote: »

No joke.....pretty much everything the OP listed was clutter and trash...

Just finish the PHB races and maybe add Goliath's in. (I say this because Goliath's are already in game I've seen them in foundry missions.)
  • Options
    neoatticusneoatticus Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    diomedes3 wrote: »
    these are just from my knowledge of D&D 3.5, what would you like to see?
    Darfellen
    Hardozee
    Killoren
    Catfolk
    Centaur
    Half-dragon
    Dragonborn
    Stonechild
    Aasimar
    Gensai
    mongrelfolk
    Pixie

these are traditionally evil characters but they could be player races as well
    Gnoll
    Mindflayer
    Drow
    Kobold
    Rhaksasha
    Tanaruk
    Feyri
    skulk
    I'd like to see Aasimar (because it would be nice to have a counterbalance to the Tiefling) and half-dragon, because, well, its a Half-Dragon!
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well its not on the list, but I would like to see Beholder as a playable race.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Aasimar/deva -please drop the 4E design- and dragonborn -best 4E race-.
  • Options
    terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lizardfolk. Kobolds. Kitsune. Come on, Perfect World -- kitsune are basically your mascot, how can you not have them as an option?
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Avariel Elves?: Now with Wings!
    Saurial Question: Given recent advances in Palaeontology, would Saurials now be Feathered?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Centaurs and Gnolls.

I'd really like to get a Gnoll as a Two-weapon fighting Ranger and a Centaur as a Paladin or something.
  • Options
    mmuircastlemmuircastle Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I vote Centaur... +2 Con and either +2 Str or +2 Wis ... with movement bonuses that go up as you level. 1-20 no effect, 21-30 out of combat like cheap horses, 31-49 like expensive horse, 50-59 between expensive (gold) mount and epic, 60 epic. OR to keep that from getting ruinous for non-centaurs, instead of changing appearance by getting on the mount, whatever mount bonuses you get from riding, you get without the animation (that is, if you have a cheap, gold-bought mount, you get that speed bonus... if you have an epic mount you get that speed bonus. If you have no mount, you get no speed bonus)
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Razorclaw and Longtooth Shifters, with a Druid class.