test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GameZone's MEGA Neverwinter Giveaway

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in News & Announcements
GameZone has a MEGA Neverwinter giveaway! Head on over to find out more! http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/08/12/brace-yourself-it-s-a-mega-neverwinter-giveaway
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    vixie#6146 vixie Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just got my code today and entered it. When I logged into game nothing happened. There was nothing in my in game mail and nothing at the rewards agent. Is this a bug or are the code items not given out until August 30th?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Welp, since I don't use Twitter, guess I'm gonna miss out...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sulbany wrote: »
    I just got my code today and entered it. When I logged into game nothing happened.
    The most likely situation is that you already have the "Special" Achievement (and associated bonus item or title) that is given by this promotion (aka, whatever their "mystery" bonus is) from some previous promotion. In such cases you don't get anything, not even an in-game email or potion pack. A great example is the title Lord of Waterdeep, which has been given out by at least four different sites already. :)

For more information check out the Promotion Code Thread and Promotion Code Wiki Page.

And btw, if anybody actually *does* get something from this promotion please post what it is here or in the above thread so we can update the wiki with what it is.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No Tweeter here so I am screwed as well.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sulbany wrote: »
    I just got my code today and entered it. When I logged into game nothing happened. There was nothing in my in game mail and nothing at the rewards agent. Is this a bug or are the code items not given out until August 30th?

You get a costume headpiece called the Ivy mask mailed to you and both the mask and the Endurance potion pack at the reward vendor so I'm guessing that you can reclaim the mask as many times as you want as long as you don't have one in your inventory or equipped, the mask is BoP .

The Reward IS account wide so ALL characters on the account the code was used on get the mask and potion pack.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pic , I always have my settings low when I'm hanging out in protectors enclave for extended periods of time.
    ivymask_zps7c0e0e81.jpg
  • Options
    anon003anon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, no tweeting 4 me :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    You get a costume headpiece called the Ivy mask mailed to you
    Thanks for identifying this. Ivy Mask was already given out by Ten Ton Hammer a bit back, so that would explain why people aren't getting a reward now.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Thanks for identifying this. Ivy Mask was already given out by Ten Ton Hammer a bit back, so that would explain why people aren't getting a reward now.
    Ahh that explains it then , I've only done a couple of these so I didn't get it before , just wish they would give out costumes sets and not only the hats , then again the midsummer costume we can get totallly free looks really nice so I'm not complaining , and at least the face scarf looks better than that star thing we got a few weeks ago lol
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Boy, I remember a time when getting a giveaway from a website or game mag didn't involve having to use 4 social media platforms and spamming all of your friends with nonsense.

And I miss it.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Boy, I remember a time when getting a giveaway from a website or game mag didn't involve having to use 4 social media platforms and spamming all of your friends with nonsense.

And I miss it.

me too buddy. me too
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, the vast bulk of the giveaway's (of which there are at least 30 I'm aware of) haven't been a social media contest and in this case the normal reward (I'm obviously not counting the single physical box set) was already available the "normal" way from another site. Still, I would have probably they labeled this one a contest rather then a giveaway admittedly.

Anyway I'd be far more concerned about the handful (3 or 4) that have been linked to magazines, pay site subscriptions, or buying physical novels in France. :)
  • Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013

And I miss it.

Ditto- and is it just me, but when they ask for all this info, it feels a little like begging from the unpopular kid. (Been there and know what it looks like, =).
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Potion of Rejuvenation x10
    Tidespan Potion x10
    Potion of Lesser Healing x10
    Portable Altar x5
    Identify Scrolls (bound) x5

#megagiveaway
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    laghartolagharto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Anyway I'd be far more concerned about the handful (3 or 4) that have been linked to magazines, pay site subscriptions, or buying physical novels in France. :)

I really wish I had gotten a code for the horses.
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lagharto wrote: »
    I really wish I had gotten a code for the horses.

You can... you just do a back order for $1 USD for the Feb 2013 Edition of the Magazine. then you have to email them the receipt you got with confirmation of payment and they will mail you a code. but I dunno if they still have codes I assume they do. I paid $2 and luckily got both horses but shortly after paid Zen for an account wide rank3 mount.
  • Options
    laghartolagharto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    You can... you just do a back order for $1 USD for the Feb 2013 Edition of the Magazine. then you have to email them the receipt you got with confirmation of payment and they will mail you a code. but I dunno if they still have codes I assume they do. I paid $2 and luckily got both horses but shortly after paid Zen for an account wide rank3 mount.

I can't buy the digital version of the Magazine because Google Play still doesn't sells magazines to Brazil.
  • Options
    don1bong2don1bong2 Banned Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    seriously.. Banned for sharing a quest that i assumed was allowed to be shared. pathetic.. you can delete the post or ban the account you wont silence the gaming community!!