test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just me or is it too easy to level?

nimericnimeric Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The last few days I've been too busy to do more than one or two storyline quests. I try to fit in one daily foundry quest though for the astral diamonds and I've been crafting through the browser. I also log in to invocate. I've leveled from 15 to 18 in 2 days by this.
Post edited by nimeric on

Comments

• Options
    seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, it's not you - you'll find leveling too fast is a problem. You might try starting another toon for Foundry quests, and avoiding skirmishes/instances if you don't want to outlevel the PVE content.
  • Options
    xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, I found this very annoying. They could cut the XP gains in half nd you can still hit lvl 60 in under a month.

As seneca says, avoid anything other than the main quest to avoid overlevelling - to be honest I still missed out on some dungeons/skirmishes even so. Sometimes due to the queuing system not giving a match-up despite waiting more than an hour at times so levelled up past them whilst waiting. Also missed one due to not keeping an eye on my XP when collecting Leadership (on my new toon I am avoiding anything over than profession XP)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not just that it takes too short to reach 60...it's also that if you do all the skirmishes, the (low-level) dungeons, the daily stuff like foundries and invoke regularly, you will gain xp so fast that you outlevel the area quests before you get a chance to finish them...not to mention if you want to do the dungeons more than once.

Very irritating for people that like to experience all that the game has to offer. I would like to see quest XP cut by 20% across the board - well, at least for level 1-59.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    At a normal pace, your /played should be around a day and some change to hit 60. It should equal out to be about half an hour per level when everything is said and done.
  • Options
    seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xenotorch wrote: »
    Also missed one due to not keeping an eye on my XP when collecting Leadership (on my new toon I am avoiding anything over than profession XP)

Leadership can be a real pain. I maxed it out when my toon was only 50th (I'm a casual player) and had to pretty much lay off the rewards for a week or two while I finished leveling.

I have two toons that only invoke and do Leadeship. One is 40th level, one is 55th, and the last 20 levels have been nothing but leadership and invoking over the last 6-8 weeks.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At a normal pace, your /played should be around a day and some change to hit 60. It should equal out to be about half an hour per level when everything is said and done.

That's shocking.

I have spent most of my time in the foundry logging on to just prey, do my professions and daily pvp/foundry quests. I have hit level 48 in no time at all. I haven't done any pve content since level four.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't run many dungeons, skirmishes or PvP on my first toon, and hit 60 right at the gates of Menzoberanzan. So basically there is more than enough xp in the questing to get you to 60. This includes killing the mobs, and not having a friend assist, because that does hurt your xp.

How long people take in doing the quests is probably vary varied ;)

My guess is the system is catered to make use of the events so either your level is appropriate for the area, or is offset by the better gear from dungeons and pvp.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i levelled in one week to 60. followed mainly the story line, some pvp, some dungeons on the way. was 60 before i finished the final zones. yes, that is WAY TOO short. being lower level has no purpose in this game, low level gear has no purpose, just keep going, equip what you have, never buy stuff until you are 60 and you are fine. there are only 3 things that comes from quest that are necessary on the way to 60, everything else is trash: 2 bags and a cloak that stealthes you for some seconds to sneak past mobs. that is very low for an mmo. in other games you get lots of neat stuff on the way to max level, here the "real" levelling begins with 60 when you try to bump up your gear score, grind and farm certain dungeons or parts of it and spend millions of astral diamonds in enchants.

basically they could just let you start with a lvl 60 toon anyway - this one week waste of time has no real purpose for the game anyway.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This has been an issue since open beta. We have discussed it before here in the forums that it is way to easy to XP and out level the 1-59 PvE content. A number of different suggestion have been made on how to slow the leveling, but none of them have been acted upon as of yet. Cutting the quest XP by 20/25% and removing the XP from invoking would help resolve the problem. Those players that don't like to level and want to reach 60th as quickly as possible would still have any number of ways to max within days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I found it easy to level. Whether it is too easy depends on one's perspective.

Some will find it unsatisfying, especially those that thrive on a challenge and enjoy slower development. Some will find it pleasing, especially those with limited time to spend on the game who get to see some progress with the small frames of playtime they have available.

I don't know how much will matter in the long run.

Getting to 60 is one thing, but the game doesn't end at 60, unless one chooses to end it at 60. Fully developing a level 60 character will take more time, and may end out being an ongoing process depending on how the game evolves. I expect, over time, the climb to 60 could very well end out being a small portion of the character's life.
  • Options
    rokoilrokoil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a topic that some find it far too easy to level, as I do, and yet I read complaints in Zone Chat about how hard it is to level. Everyone will not be made happy if or when anything is done about it.

Suggestion: When a player gains the xp needed to level, it shouldn't automatically bump you into the next level category until you actually use your Power and Feat points available at that level. This would allow the players that wish to level up quickly do so, as easy as it is, and those who wish to enjoy the content, to do so and level up using their power and feats when they are ready to move on.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We well not speak of this evil "it to fast for levleing" nonsense .I for one am happy it doesn't take forever or you have to be on all day(I might have all day) as some don't have the time to level up ones per day. If I did try I could easy hit max under 3 day(sleep,eat,and bathroom breaks).
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    even if it is easy to lvl, congrats to new changes in the game gearing up now once hitting 60 is gonna "waste time" as well as the new campaine system will waste a good month of doing the same dailies.

god everyone wants to sabotage this game it seems, EQN could not come around any quicker ~_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The act of leveling up to 60 is more of a storybook which concludes with a "where are we now" cliffhanger. That "cliffhanger" is basically all the epic content...

I am grateful that the path to 60 isn't so lengthy... so I can experience each character's story at a pace that isn't boring, and that the "goalpost" of being level 60 isn't an insurmountable task.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it's too quick. I wish they had a xp turn off button. I didn't want to hit 60 because I hate the end game pvp.
  • Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very glad that the speed to level is quick, in fact I'd be happier if it were even faster once you had one character at max level.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree that I'm glad that it was easy to level. I've got 5 characters to 60 (one of each class) and it would have took me less than 3 months to level them all (although at separate times) with playing quite a lot, although solo and not rushing. The way it is now means I can skip quickly to the best and more challenging content.
  • Options
    prettyboysetaprettyboyseta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    my guild would usually "level" our toons (mostly alts) until 30 or 40 with only crafting (leadership) and invocation before we allow it to dive into the content (again). my highest level alt is at 45 and has only completed ebon downs. I like how I can make it run around maps without any obstruction as it's overleveled and is ignored by landscape mobs, yet the exp it receives from NPCs is high enough to gain 2 or more levels in a 2-hour run. I was also surprised by the pace because in other MMOs I'm probably the slowest leveler in our guild, I'd usually "leech" in dungeons just to keep up :P BUT I also don't mind the pace of this game, so far, since I consider my self a casual gamer, I like how I don't need to wait a year before I get to explore the world :)
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    venus236venus236 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This game is mostly hack and slash so leveling is the least interesting part. I'd prefer to get it over quickly.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The main issue is that the maps are too little and you can only cramp so many quests in them, so you have to gain a lot of experience so you can fight in the new maps. The game need more areas on those maps maybe connected by tunnels, air passages, ocean bridges whatever we need bigger maps so the exp problem can be solved.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua