test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cant open the game

danielvv1danielvv1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
today I was invited to a dungeon. I accepted, but in the loading screen I got the fearsome "Server not responding" message. it counted for over 7 minutes, then I decided to quit the game because I had most likely already lost the party. I quit using ctrl+alt+del, because just alt+f4 didn't work. then I tried to log back in, I let it run the verification, then it goes to the "Cryptic Studios" screen where it should load something more, but it doesn't, crashes after a minute or so, and shows a fatal error message. it did it many times, for HOURS, just now, when I decided to ask for help, the game decided to open properly. I'd really like to know what happened, if anyone has a clue at all. (I'll only check for an answer tomorrow, if there is one...).
Post edited by danielvv1 on

Comments

• rxxcrxxc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I too am crashing at the Cryptic load screen. The load bar goes almost half-way and then the hard drive starts clicking as if a hard disk from the 90s was inserted.

This started occurring after I recently updated a critical security patch for windows XP sp 3.
  • hasaphhasaph Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cannot get past the launcher since the patch yesterday I'm still not in the game. I tried fixing the launcher by replacing it but no luck.
  • austinkaneaustinkane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cant even get to the launcher. I downloaded this new ARC thing and still cant get the game to even load. At this rate with all the problems this game is having i am regretting all the money i have spent so far.
  • ammeanas66ammeanas66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can't get past the launcher either. Just takes my email and password, never reacts to my pushing the login button. not a great experience for my first day with game.