test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[suggestion] group foundry races!!!

jackassassinjackassassin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
A really neat idea for the foundry would be to allow a feature to have groups of players "race" eachother to the end of a foundry (as in each group in their own instance)... author can create a story progression based race with specific objectives (enemies, traps, etc), and have 2 or more groups of 5 to enter, and have some sort of a timer built in... with a count down once the leader talks to the "race start NPC". Countdown starts, and then both teams race to the end. The winners get a slightly better reward or something. It would allow larger groups of players to compete with eachother, and pretty much use the system that's already in place to do so. I'd imagine guilds using this a lot to complete their daily foundries.

THIS IS A SUGGESTION. Telling me that you could do something like this by just timing it yourself is an obvious option. I'm not looking for a workaround to emulate this. I'm suggesting an official race option added to the foundry to allow this to happen. Cryptic... This is for you!
Post edited by jackassassin on

Comments

• agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Interesting idea. I bet this can be done with the current Foundry and a bit of creativity, at least on a single quest instance level...
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps have them get cycled through randomly.

Or have like a special day in the week where you play random maps and at the end of every match, vote on it.

And then the ones that got the best votes go onto something like a features list, and this list will be cycled through when playing every other day.
  • jackassassinjackassassin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps have them get cycled through randomly.

Or have like a special day in the week where you play random maps and at the end of every match, vote on it.

And then the ones that got the best votes go onto something like a features list, and this list will be cycled through when playing every other day.

OOOOH. I loave that idea. Events to do foundry races.... your group queues up, and goes up against other groups... everyone wins somethng, but top winners get the most diamonds, second, third place... gets less... but still. that would be aweome. I'd queue for foundry races all the time! How would the race be selected? I like the voting idea. Hrm. I'm diggin this. Would be something really interesting and different.