test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game ? - Review of the Game ? - Any developer here ?

tembosstemboss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Usually I keep my thoughts for the games I play for myself and my guild mates , but this time I would like to make an exception . I ve been playing this game since middle May. What draw me to it was the name and the association with the Forgotten Realms lore , which I happen to be a big fun .
I Have been playing MMO’s for more than 12 year hardcore and Casual player (,My first MMO was Risk your Life aka RYL) . I am a player that is interested in lore but not RP. My main interest is PVE and I enjoy some PVP especially if organize(premade) .

Now lets start with how I evaluate the game and then the changes that happened in Module 1 that made a big impact as it seems with the community.

- Combat is fast paced and very responsive
- The graphics are pretty good
- Class balance needs still a lot of work
- Pvp is almost non existant and poorly designed
- The 5man Instances are very enjoyable , but the design of thousands of trash , that most of the time can be thrown down skipped, or suicide avoided makes them very mediocre.
- BOE items in everything , huge mistake , many ppl were top end gear without basic knowledge , also it makes the gearing process non existent , it already shortens a short end game content.
- Evey game has bugs especially the first year, but every game is faster to fix them.

Now with the changes that were made, and because I have grown tired of reading posts that I consider one sided , or personal , or generally lacking.
- U did well to make the items BOE (for the reasons that I said before ). But that was allowed for 4 months , it was the main income for most players . In order to balance it you should give players an alternative option for making money. Salvage was a very good thought on this but the 24k limit is very low considering that all currency rewards in game are Rough Ad and not normal. This should be at least 50k.
- The change of the BOE items gives no incentive to the players that already have good gear to run any 5man. Your 5mans are the end game content. So you just gave to half of your players no reason to do end game content. Salvage must be main source of income .
- U nerfed all the classes , I ve never seen this happen to another game. Massive rage, Also it seems to me that most nerfs had to with pvp abilities , but what soever affect pve as well. For example you make cw’s not able to spam singularity , very good it was needed . every instance was a throw fest. But that has to do with 100000000 adds that you have put all over , so cut down on the number of trash to balance with it. You nerfed rogues dmg, gwf survivability, clerics recharging , but every this still is the same at PVE , so essentially u made your content not only absolute with the lack of rewards but harder as well.
- Campaign system. No comment I like it a lot as an idea and implementation. Make DD give the items u need for progressing.
- Malabog Castle. Best dungeon u have designed. Hard trash, not ccable(after first boss) , but in Normal quantities. Boss that needs some kind of tanking . A last boss with real Combat mechanics and again not one zillion adds , that for the first time you can say that ‘’Holy Trinity’’ exists in this game. And then you have your most beautiful designed instance rewards blue gear.!!!!!!!!!
- Good work with the new channels.
- You added new professions and the top items are BOP!!!!

Anyway to sum up this wall of Text , I would like this post hopefully to be used as feedback for the next steps of this game.
- To balance classes has to do with overall balance of the game
- To make all classes viable you must allow the content to need the specific pluses that each class brings.
- To balance the economy , u must give more sources of income, especially if a talent respec costs 200k ad, and all cosmetic changes 50+k each.
- Acknowledge the important bugs and fix them asap. The drake in CN still doesn’t work.
- Keep working same directions as Malabog Castle , for design of mechanics , ppl are tired with difficulty have to do with the number of adds.
- Make the lvl 20weaponsmith/Artificing BOE, its already very time –effort and money consuming to get there , and expect not to make any money of it.
I like this game as a concept a lot and I am so disappointed from the lost potential that I see.
Hope someone reads this.

Best Regards
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I couldn't agree more.....if only someone at cryptic's office would print this and put it on every developer's desk :)
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    temboss wrote: »
    - You added new professions and the top items are BOP!!!!
    Really??!! I had no idea. That's the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idea I have ever come across, seriously. The idea that someone produces a product that they can't sell or trade?? But they can produce stuff all the way up to 20 for other classes?
    Whoever the genius who thought this up really requires a lesson in basic economics.

So what, praytell, is the point of professions? Am I wasting my time on doing these or is Leadership the only one with any half-decent rewards (unless they have plans on cutting down the AD in that!)
  • spsfreakspsfreak Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did not realize that either....that is of course what I am working towards. The lower items are BOE, so that is ok... but if the higher level items are bound when yo make them.... that will suck.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    temboss,

I appreciate the effort and thought put into this post. Thought it was important to mention that up front.

I am busy at the moment, but want to comment on your individual comments. I will take some time later, to do just that.

Mind you, I may bring up some points that seem counter to your opinions, but in some cases, its to establish the validity of a statement you make.

See you soon!
    Lita
  • stylepilestylepile Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree. Sad thing is all the top geared players in my guild don't even run dungeons anymore since there is no incentive. Not sure how this all affects people new to lvl 60.