test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP and Epic Dungeon Gear BOP / Salvaging worth it?

crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
Hello guys,

please correct me, if I'm wrong, but isn't since the module 1 patch the gear from both PvP and Epic Dungeon now BOP?
I understand this reasoning behind the PvP gear to minimize bots (even though I don't feel this really is the best solution). But Epic Dungeon loot?!
Anyways, I would like to hear your opinions if Salvaging as "replacement" for selling the stuff in the AH is worth it?

And I want to ask another thing / make a suggestion: Is it possible to send this gear at least to another character of your account? If not, I would want it. Take the following example:
- I have a CW level 60 with some nice gear I don't need (never equipped, so really only picked up / bought).
- I make a new CW and at level 60 am forced to earn the same gear for it, even though I already have it on my first character. And I can't exchange it. Is it really supposed to be this way?
Post edited by crystal892f on

Comments

• Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Is it worth it? No. A chestpiece that you could sell for 300k before will now get you 10k salvage - ROUGH AD.
    There is 24k cap on refining rough AD - meaning you can only make 24k a day through salvaging and daily quests.

No you cannot send it to another character if it has been looted as a bind on pickup item.
    If you have previoius items that have never been equipped, then yes you can send it.

Yes it is supposed to be that way, so that you buy zen to gear up.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Yes it is supposed to be that way, so that you go into the dungeons to get gear instead of using the auction house to gear up.

.....Fixed
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes it is supposed to be that way, so that you buy zen to gear up.
    Err, how should that help you? Sure, you can exchange ZEN for AD, but since PvP / Dungeon gear can't be sold / bought in the AH anymore, the AD isn't helping you much. Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    pvpv gear salvager is worth it the DD ones that were selling for a lot more in the AH are not worth it :(
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Err, how should that help you? Sure, you can exchange ZEN for AD, but since PvP / Dungeon gear can't be sold / bought in the AH anymore, the AD isn't helping you much. Or am I missing something?

T2 drops from bosses remain Bind on Equip, therefore are still auctionable. These drops are rare in occurence. THe prices aon beholder for many items now range between 700k-1mil AD. AT the same time, with a daily 24K rough AD cap, effectively limiting player income potential, players cannot afford to such high prices... so they turn to buying zen(and exchange for AD) to purchase the items.
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    .....Fixed

Hardly. A player can still do that because tier boss drops are not Bind on Pickup. Please study the facts.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bubba1966 wrote: »
    T2 drops from bosses remain Bind on Equip, therefore are still auctionable. These drops are rare in occurence. THe prices aon beholder for many items now range between 700k-1mil AD. AT the same time, with a daily 24K rough AD cap, effectively limiting player income potential, players cannot afford to such high prices... so they turn to buying zen(and exchange for AD) to purchase the items.

Roughly that means one item of 1 million AD will cost 2500 Zen, about 25$ or more than 40 times hitting the daily max refine limit. Those prices will probably go lower, since only a few 'lucky' ones can afford these prices, everyone else is stuck in blues whishing they could get into a queue.

I reckon this made the game 'more fun to play' for the botters (runes seem a lot more profitable these days) and the gold sellers (3rd party sells AD a lot cheaper), but not the actual gamers themselves.
  • Options
    caltaruscaltarus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok I just found out(I am obviously slow) that I can no longer sell the PvP Blade companion on AH, even though it is blue. I also can't sell it for gold, or scrap it. Why play pvp?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    caltarus wrote: »
    Ok I just found out(I am obviously slow) that I can no longer sell the PvP Blade companion on AH, even though it is blue. I also can't sell it for gold, or scrap it. Why play pvp?

Because PVP is dang fun! You can salvage PVP gear, btw. Chest piece goes for 5k, I believe.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    michaelpoynermichaelpoyner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic is making mad bank now
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have absoloutly no problem with salvaging T1 items what so ever. The amount of AD you get from the is about the same as how they use to be on the AH.

I do however have a problem with salvaging T2 items. Items that use to sell for 20-50k now salvage for like 6k. It's a total ripoff for T2 items and it pisses me off. Why even bother with T2 Epic Dungeons? Why doesn't everyone just take the easy way and farm T1 dungeons, because they're easy and the loot is actually worth salvaging?
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Why even bother with T2 Epic Dungeons? Why doesn't everyone just take the easy way and farm T1 dungeons, because they're easy and the loot is actually worth salvaging?
    Good question. And you have to keep in mind that Salvaging gives you ROUGH AD, and there is a daily limit for the amout of RAD you can refine.

Honestly, what are you supposed to to, when you have the set pieces / jewelry you want? Running the dungeons again for what exactly? Sure, you should play a dungeon for fun, but without a proper reward besides fun (which is highly subjective)?
    Pre-patch you could run the dungeons, have fun with it (or not), sell the unwanted gear for AD and buy better enchantments or whatever with the gained AD.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Compared to some time ago, the income is worse; although I do not have any serious problems and it is all playable like it is. They wanted epic items to be special and they came to this solution eventually. I could still run into dungeons and hope to get some drops but now it takes more time to get enormous amounts of AD and many players are used to the old ways.
    Blue items are great too, so I do not have to spend money for every epic items as blue items offer sometimes more flexibility.

All in all, I am fine with the change.