test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New weapons pointless?

redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
So 16 more dmg and 200 armor pen? What's the point of this investment over ancients? I only see it if you went full dps....

Think I'll just sell the fragments for ad.... lol
BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
Post edited by redeclipze on

Comments

• uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The whole set and weapons are useless if you are a healer cleric. Plus you need 20 in the professions and to have some Zen store tools.
    How fantastic.

Where is the excitation of looting your end gear in epic dungeons ?
    That sux.

**** money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    uri92 wrote: »
    The whole set and weapons are useless if you are a healer cleric. Plus you need 20 in the professions and to have some Zen store tools.
    How fantastic.

Where is the excitation of looting your end gear in epic dungeons ?
    That sux.

**** money.

Yup, there's basically nothing in the new content for me. Farming those boons via dailies is all that is left and both qualifying for Mabalog Castle and doing dailies is painful on a Cleric.

The new looting system has also made running Dungeon Delves or Gauntlgrym pointless on any class if already geared with or without the best gear from Feywild content.

What a great patch!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, I like it - the solo content is not too hard for a heal-specced cleric, and the boons will give a pretty significant boost eventually.

I do agree that the weapons and armour are pretty much useless (unless you are a PvP cleric, but those are pretty rare), but I am kind-of wondering about a couple of the new enchantments - has abybody really looked intoo how they turn out for a DC ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The itemization for clerics is absolutely terrible. We get life steal on our pvp gear when we need regen, health, or deflection. The new pve gear has armor pen on it, which is also a waste. None of the new enchantments are appealing compared to the existing options for either pve or pvp.

If I could design a set, it would have:
    Power
    Recovery
    Defense
    Deflection
    Regen

It would look an awful lot like the wizard gear.
  • tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Already got about 3 of my posts deleted concerning this issue.

Every time now clerics get armor penetration of every stupid piece of gear, even if we already had t1 and t2 pvp with this.

Nobody but the devs can understand this i think.

No incentive for me as cleric to play the new Malabogs castle dungeon, though im sure some groups would be happy to have a cleric, its just really sad..
  • alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    What's wrong with Armor Pen? I'm soft capped on Crit and Recovery anyways, Power doesn't do much and Defense is ok at ~2.3k too. So why not go for Armor Pen to increase your damage output and procc it for your group with linked spirit on top of that? The faster the monsters are dead, the better.

Also I don't get it how Clerics can struggle solo, regardless of their specc. Even a heal specc just means you focus your build on let's say 5 essential heal spells and 2 dailys that you use in group fights. That's not even half your available skill points spent and leaves plenty of room for picking one or two good damage abilities for solo content and/or PvP. Yes, a feated Daunting Light does a nice extra debuff but even without feat the great initial damage is still the same. Sunburst, Divine Glow or Chains of Blazing Light can fit nicely in a solo build too and are quite useful in dungeons or PvP on top of that.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    So 16 more dmg and 200 armor pen? What's the point of this investment over ancients? I only see it if you went full dps....

Think I'll just sell the fragments for ad.... lol

Lol. Sure, keep stacking pointless recovery, that's the way to go. Or you can think about it twice and get the new 4 pieces set because you know you don't need 3.5k recovery. Did you know you get the exact same recharge times with 2.5k? And almost the same recharge time with barely 2k? :rolleyes:

Balanced stats is the best way to build characters. What i don't understand is why people keep claiming the best DC set in game is "useless". This armor pen isn't for you, it's for your team via linked spirit. And extra dps isn't wasted. Extra recovery is.

All these posts in the temple subforum are a bit disheartening. CWs and TRs forums understood what the softcaps are and what they can do around this, and now CWs stacking recovery are extremely rare because they know it's a mistake. But DC? No, keep getting WAY beyond softcaps. Because i'm a healer you know, and i shouldn't do dps even though i've capped my healing stats. :rolleyes:
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Lol. Sure, keep stacking pointless recovery, that's the way to go. Or you can think about it twice and get the new 4 pieces set because you know you don't need 3.5k recovery. Did you know you get the exact same recharge times with 2.5k? And almost the same recharge time with barely 2k? :rolleyes:

Balanced stats is the best way to build characters. What i don't understand is why people keep claiming the best DC set in game is "useless". This armor pen isn't for you, it's for your team via linked spirit. And extra dps isn't wasted. Extra recovery is.

All these posts in the temple subforum are a bit disheartening. CWs and TRs forums understood what the softcaps are and what they can do around this, and now CWs stacking recovery are extremely rare because they know it's a mistake. But DC? No, keep getting WAY beyond softcaps. Because i'm a healer you know, and i shouldn't do dps even though i've capped my healing stats. :rolleyes:

Best set for that purpose is High Prophet which is overall the best set for speed runs.
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm not super excited about armor pen being on the set, I'd much rather be able to Regen or deflect. But so be it, having armor pen for more dmg isn't bad, especially if you can buff it via linked spirit. The real problem here would be is SB still going to be viable to proc linked spirit or are they actually going to "fix" that like they had said. If they do, then linked spirit is just pointless, unless you enjoy using BoH. If you can still proc it off of SB then it could make sense to still use it, although with the nerf to SB I'm not as excited about this anymore. It still generates good DP and decent amounts of AP, nothing like before though.
    My issues is more that, unless I'm pugging, most of my group really has no need for stat buffs, including arpen, and sure the power increase isn't bad, but lets face it, power doesn't stack that well to spend 5 feat points just for that.
    I do find the new 4 piece set bonus quite intriguing. Of Course it only affects our "direct healing" abilities which are HW and BoH only I believe. I find it completely asinine, make the value less or soemthing but have it proc off spells that do both dmg/healing per say. Makes much more sense, after all we're suposed to be a class that's in the thick of things, dealing some dmg, throwing around some heales and buff/debuffing. Anyways even if I'm only using HW seems like a 2k+ hot could be useful, 3 ticks on HW anyways and you can cast for free with divinity also, combine that with invigorated healing from AS and SB if your running both of those and might be pretty nice. Not sure if it can outperform MH, in terms of healing but it may not matter anyways. Maybe a HW/AS/BoH build with linked spirit and invigorated healing...sounds so droll though
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    needing assets to craft it is a joke. its a good thing they are marginally better than CN.

However i dont understand why they made it so difficult to get when they are not very good.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dnosrc wrote: »
    Best set for that purpose is High Prophet which is overall the best set for speed runs.

I can't stress enough that this set is not for dps but for a buffer/healer. Will make a post about this with maths inside.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Wow, I am so glad someone else understands this. But after Crit and Recovery, ArmorPen is the next best "healing" stat, in that it increases Repurpose Soul procs, and heals from Astral Seal and Forgemaster's Flame, since those are all based on damage. With 1.2k ArmorPen, you get 12.4% extra damage, flat out. Thus, 12.4% more healing from those sources. It's a pretty good deal since we have a stat surplus.

You can share it with Linked Spirit, as I don't think most people have hit the ArmorPen hard-cap. But I think the bonus healing as mentioned above the the main benefit, even for a healbot cleric. I get so annoyed at the hostility towards anything that isn't putting down circles. I mean, the Hammer used to be our biggest burst heal. And I haven't seen a single person, healbot or otherwise, bring up that complaint about it being nerfed. (Tell me how else you can get a 12k AoE burst heal? An 80k Hammer crit was the only way. I don't think there's any other way we have that even comes close to competing with a potion.)
  • debbieharrydebbieharry Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    EDIT: post removd because i started a thread with it instead
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    New set and weapons are about perfect for my build and playstyle, looking forward to the upgrade. Yes I'm a solo DC PvE healer/buffer/debuffer who likes the ability to tank and kill trash. We've been crying for months for variety in our gear and non life stealing sets, now we got one. Other sets with different stat combos will come in time, but I for one will enjoy more flexibility in building my armor penetration.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • lordkelthornlordkelthorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alagos77 wrote: »
    What's wrong with Armor Pen? I'm soft capped on Crit and Recovery anyways, Power doesn't do much and Defense is ok at ~2.3k too. So why not go for Armor Pen to increase your damage output and procc it for your group with linked spirit on top of that? The faster the monsters are dead, the better.

Also I don't get it how Clerics can struggle solo, regardless of their specc. Even a heal specc just means you focus your build on let's say 5 essential heal spells and 2 dailys that you use in group fights. That's not even half your available skill points spent and leaves plenty of room for picking one or two good damage abilities for solo content and/or PvP. Yes, a feated Daunting Light does a nice extra debuff but even without feat the great initial damage is still the same. Sunburst, Divine Glow or Chains of Blazing Light can fit nicely in a solo build too and are quite useful in dungeons or PvP on top of that.

+1

all i would like is if they change pvp gear Drain into Regen.. thats would be reall good. ArP bonus on pve set is great imho since you get capped crit/recovery very easily..... People also say that power keep stacking up but they dont understand that from 100 to 101(1%) is not the same as from 200 to 201(0.5%) ... really not the same lol.... but its like explaining math to monkeys....
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    People also say that power keep stacking up but they dont understand that from 100 to 101(1%) is not the same as from 200 to 201(0.5%) ... really not the same lol.... but its like explaining math to monkeys....

Well when your base value is double but the increment is kept the same then obviously the increment is going to be 1/2% of the initial case. That's obvious, but it has no effect on how power actually modifies values in the game. It's just the % increase of the stat relative to it's initial value. You should probably get your math right before you start calling people monkeys.
    Racist comments smh
  • areys77areys77 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1

all i would like is if they change pvp gear Drain into Regen.. thats would be reall good. ArP bonus on pve set is great imho since you get capped crit/recovery very easily..... People also say that power keep stacking up but they dont understand that from 100 to 101(1%) is not the same as from 200 to 201(0.5%) ... really not the same lol.... but its like explaining math to monkeys....

Got a really good laugh after reading this rubbish.
  • insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Linked spirit gives X% stats of each character's OWN stats, not the cleric's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asrathiel01asrathiel01 Member, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope you are joking insomniacglutton, I suggest you test the feat and work out what linked spirit actually does before you post on it lmfao.

You link with every ally you heal, increasing their stat rating by 1/2/3/4/5% of your stat ratings for 10 seconds. healing mutiple targets at once will increase the bonus all targets receive.

Asra
    edited August 2013
    I hope you are joking insomniacglutton, I suggest you test the feat and work out what linked spirit actually does before you post on it lmfao.

You link with every ally you heal, increasing their stat rating by 1/2/3/4/5% of your stat ratings for 10 seconds. healing mutiple targets at once will increase the bonus all targets receive.

Asra

Wow. I suggest YOU test the feat before you post on it. lmfao.

I am 100% certain that an ally's stat rating increases based on their OWN stats and not yours. Do you know how I know? I have 0 arpen, but when allies receive linked spirit from me, their arpen still increases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Wow. I suggest YOU test the feat before you post on it. lmfao.

I am 100% certain that an ally's stat rating increases based on their OWN stats and not yours. Do you know how I know? I have 0 arpen, but when allies receive linked spirit from me, their arpen still increases.

Because it stacks multiplicatively with more targets and ALSO factors in their stats. This includes any pets that can die. I guess 100% certain isnt good enough eh?
    edited August 2013
    Because it stacks multiplicatively with more targets and ALSO factors in their stats. This includes any pets that can die. I guess 100% certain isnt good enough eh?

It multiplies with their own stats as the base, not yours. This has been posted several times on this forum too, although a while ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akomplishedakomplished Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't understand how people can say armor pen is bad and be spec'd as a healer. Since the Sunburst bug was fixed unless you are throwing mobs it's pointless to slot so most DC are slotting a damage spell in its place because they build your daily/divine faster. They build even faster if you are hitting harder (even your at will)...which is exactly what armor pen does. As for recovery it doesn't just speed up your cool downs those are hardcapped capped at a certain point but your daily recharge keeps going.
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't understand how people can say armor pen is bad and be spec'd as a healer. Since the Sunburst bug was fixed unless you are throwing mobs it's pointless to slot so most DC are slotting a damage spell in its place because they build your daily/divine faster. They build even faster if you are hitting harder (even your at will)...which is exactly what armor pen does. As for recovery it doesn't just speed up your cool downs those are hardcapped capped at a certain point but your daily recharge keeps going.

So exatcly how much more ap / divinity gain with the 200 armor pen + 16 dmg increase? lol....
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • akomplishedakomplished Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    So exatcly how much more ap / divinity gain with the 200 armor pen + 16 dmg increase? lol....

..more than without it?

My DC is at a 13.1 GS but unlike other DC I didn't stack hp to get there. In my healing gear I am at a baseline 7k power, 3650 crit, 4650 recovery and 2200 defense...add buffs to that and many of my stats are into the higher end soft caps requiring +460 points to get a full return. Granted I don't normally wear all that gear...rather wear my high prophet in a group.

But...If I can shed some recovery and gain a stat that increases my damage that helps me build divine and dailies faster even a few seconds faster I'm all about it. You are not going to see new items with drastically higher stats until they raise the level cap...it would be pointless. At least with Fomorian and Fabeled gear it's giving us a stat that many of us could benefit from now that the multiplier with sunburst is fixed.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Linked Spirit is way overhyped, if you wanna increase the dmg of your party slot Devine Glow. It's a flat dmg increase and a Defence debuff. You don't stack Arp to give away 5-20% of it with Linked Spirit. You get it to increase dmg, and incase of DC build faster Devinity aswell.
    I don't say that Arp is bad for Clerics it's usefull on all classes coz all classes does attack. And with enough Arp you might aswell get rid of the Devine Builder Class Feat(can't remember the name) And actually slot Healing Lore for significant more healing or DPS class feat instead to get even more Devine regen and dmg output.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The ArP on the new Armor is a GREAT idea. Then they screwed it all up with the 4pc bonus. I would much rather use my High Prophet set in both PvP and dps setup. Hec with high enough stats + stone/cat, I actually think it is the best party contribution even on a healer DC. Groups who take Draco in 3min usually have a healer in High Prophet.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • wockysanwockysan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imo, ArP was given because stats (3k+ worth) relevant to class are already in game for the stacking. Excluding power, the higher you stack a stat, the larger it declines in effectiveness. So naturally we receive oddball sets from here on out. GG was lifesteal. Now ArP. So on and so on.

Due to the janky system, one could suggest all classes simply ask for power sets from future content. Cut the smoke and mirrors.

Again, DRs force them to give us oddball sets when normally we would receive stats relevant to class.
    The stat system isn't built around relevancy to class, get it? Probably not. lol carry on ;)
    edited August 2013
    idk what the debate is about though if youre doing more damage then you are getting bigger repurpose soul procs, especially with a ton of crit. If other stats are starting to get bad DRs then arpen is surely one of the better choices?
    Idk about people who slot all-heals though i use DG with SB + AS and usually BotS so theres already a decent amount of damage output there. ALso theres an incentive to spam at wills from the holy fervor perk so im always aiming for decent dps even if it isnt a scratch on 4th place.