test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post patch Quest and Editor issues

badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
I have created a thread on the Preview forums that I will be watching for information about quest and editor issues since the patch.

Currently editing is turned off on LIVE. I understand this might present a problem getting a list of issues. We are working on getting editing back up and running on LIVE.

I am asking for help getting a list that I can investigate with the team first thing Monday morning.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Could this get a temporary sticky (until Monday), please? I've spread word on NW_Foundry, but with Foundry being down, it is hard to reach Authors. Most won't think of reporting on the Preview sub-forum, but may wander into here.
  • badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    I have added it to stickies.
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Can we get dragons in the Foundry, and new classes, instead of continuously destroying Foundry quests, and creating a dozen bugs in the game for some mediocre PvE content that PvEers don't even want to run because it costs too much for too little rewards?
  • aeonsageaeonsage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally I would like to see animal encounters added...no Dire Wolves or rats here yet...
  • handzenhandzen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I for some reason can not log into the foundry I keep getting kicked with a message Foundry editing not allowed. Help? any one else not able to get on to edit or build a quest?

As well it seems my foundry quests I have already made are not searchable in game. Is any one else having these issues?
    NW-DDMJD8HFR
    NW-DLXRPHAI4
    NW-DLWWS6WE5
    NW-DBYXMD7VM
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Folks! Stop it! badbotlimit is asking for a DEFINITIVE LIST OF BUGS with the Foundry so that they can work on resolving them. Replying with your wish lists, rants, or posting the obvious is not helping one bit so please, if you don't have anything constructive to add, then don't even both replying. You'll just be muddying the waters and preventing the Devs from getting the information they need.

With all that said, here's the issue that I ran into:

-Entered the Foundry.
    -Entered 3D Mode.
    -Selected Fly Mode, flew to the middle of the map and looked around. Flew to the edges, and found the physical limitations of the fly mode are the same as the limitations of PCs.
    -Noticed that there was a house that was rotated 90 degrees. It was slightly off-center from an existing house, but in the same general location.
    -Deleted it.
    -Found another adjacent house that had another house slightly off center.
    -Deleted that one.
    -Both original houses were exactly where they were supposed to be. I know this because there was a lot of geometry that was tied to these houses. Everything looked as it was supposed to be.
    -Returned to the Foundry, and noticed that BOTH of the original houses were gone.
    -I closed the Foundry without saving and haven't been back since.

Apparently, the 3D editor automatically made "copies" of houses, but they were internally tied to the original houses, so deleting the copies also deleted the originals. The copies were selectable, so it wasn't just a graphical glitch which caused me to select the geometry behind it (ie, the original house). As I had said before, being in the Foundry for about 3 minutes almost undone about 2 hours worth of work (now that Village Houses are selectable, it wouldn't be nearly as long to recreate, but still, I shouldn't even have to consider the amount of work required to fix problems caused by just opening my quests.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Folks! Stop it! badbotlimit is asking for a DEFINITIVE LIST OF BUGS with the Foundry so that they can work on resolving them.

Unless I misunderstood, he's asking for the list in the thread he linked to. He said that one would be the one he was watching.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • gaedel123gaedel123 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do we have an ETA on when the Foundry will be back up? I would love to be able to supply lists of bugs, but alas, I am not able to since I am not able to access. Good fortune to the devs!
  • kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have not seen my published quest online after the patch with new content, last time I was in the editor it said:
    Error during publish. Publish failed: log Project needs republish.

I have 3 quest that was working before and published but they are gone now and never got auto published after the big patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They are still republishing quests -- I've got five out there that haven't shown up yet.
  • lysendroslysendros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are they republishing?

My Foundry quests still haven't shown up yet.
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Unless I misunderstood, he's asking for the list in the thread he linked to. He said that one would be the one he was watching.

You're absolutely right! Thanks for pointing that out!
  • jayfloyd1979jayfloyd1979 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here is an idea for the foundry that might help you Dev's out! Give the Foundry an .exe of its own and allow patches for it. This would allow the game to be patched seperatly from the Foundry, so that quests can be worked on when the game is being patched. I know for me it is really frustrating when I have to wait days to work on a map because of patching and then something goes wrong. I like to play the game of NW, but I find the Foundry to be the most satisfying of the game. Not even sure if it could be done but it would be awesome!! Thanks NW team!!
  • lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a major issue, when I enter 3d mode and edit mode, I am unable to enter an object's properties when I get the prompt to click on the right button. When I press the right mouse button, nothing happens? Unless I'm missing something, but my mouse is working well and I expect to edit the properties itself while in 3d edit mode, properties like when an object appears/disappears etc..? Please, if anyone can help me with this or clarify it for me, or else I would think it's a bug.
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I went to check my quests to see how badly the devs screwed them up, and my client crashed. I won't even bother opening the client anymore once I withdraw my quests. In fact, I think I'll be uninstalling this PoS.
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If your quests still aren't showing up at this point, I'd recommend manually republishing them. Two of my three had shown up, but the third hadn't. I went in and manually republished it, and it's there now.
  • avistar001avistar001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited August 2013
    I republished my quest and was thankful to find everything working as intended including the portals, however, there is one small issue. I have several NPC wolves that have dialogue trees. When you interact with them the camera focused at their head, now post patch, it focus' on their feet/paws. It happens to all of them, on both indoor & outdoor maps and I do use several different models & sizes including wolf mount and the smaller wolves. It doesn't matter if I reposition them, delete and replace them, they all continue to have the same problem. They have nice feet but i'd rather my players look them in the eye. Thanks for reading my post! ~Avi~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copy/Paste Short Code: NW-DDKQRRF9P
    Member:
    Scribes' Enclave: Volunteer Foundry Reviewers and Tutors
  • cjmpittman1cjmpittman1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have republished my quests and received the notification that they are published, but cannot pull them up either by name, author or code. Is this still being worked on?
  • icejackelicejackel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like to know when foundary will be fixed with issues of people offering a review. People cannot give a review or give feedback or even give you a rating this has been awhile now ...