test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forbes Article About Neverwinter!

superdank808superdank808 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
O.o........
Broden Ironfist's Gauntlet: NW-DL56XXWIV
Post edited by superdank808 on

Comments

• lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ummm ... that first quote was referring to DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) NOT NW. It's a little confusing for those that didn't read the article when you don't make that clear in your commentary.

Lottie

My apologies. I was mistaken. The first quote does, indeed, refer to NW.

Lottie
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    lottiemc wrote: »
    Ummm ... that first quote was referring to DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) NOT NW. It's a little confusing for those that didn't read the article when you don't make that clear in your commentary.

Lottie

Lottie

Anyway again forbes isnt a gaming reporting site. The person doing the report is doing it for free advertising. They probly own stock options for PW
  • spudviciousspudvicious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lottiemc wrote: »

Lottie

Lottie

After going and reading the article, it looks to me like you were right the first time before you corrected yourself. the OP's first quote is indeed referring to DDO, not Neverwinter. the article credits the quote to Fernando Paiz, executive producer for DDO, and indicates that is Mr. Paiz's response to how they'll handle the potential competition with Neverwinter.
  • bjmcgreavesbjmcgreaves Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see this all the time on gaming forums.

I love how people think that Forbes has any real significance. It takes practically nothing to become a forbes contributor.

It is about equivalent to stating, "meta-critic says, 'this game suxorz' so it must suck."

For me, it is a close tie between the Class Action Lawsuit threats and critical Forbes articles for the most entertaining forum posts on gaming forums.
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After going and reading the article, it looks to me like you were right the first time before you corrected yourself. the OP's first quote is indeed referring to DDO, not Neverwinter. the article credits the quote to Fernando Paiz, executive producer for DDO, and indicates that is Mr. Paiz's response to how they'll handle the potential competition with Neverwinter.

Oh, heavens to Betsy! You're absolutely right! Probably time for me to go to bed! ;)

Lottie
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This part is actually really awesome! Can't wait to read the books.

I've started rereading those books, and I do see the similarities. Throwing stuff off cliffs is a rather big deal in those books too :)
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    To me, DDO still managing to compete says a lot about the quality of this game. DDO has a much better class system, the character creation is indeed better than this game. I just got tired of it though after doing my 100th dungeon that involved kobolds in a sewer.
  • hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder how much this company paid Forbes writers to fluff up an article for them?
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    hobokenboy wrote: »
    I wonder how much this company paid Forbes writers to fluff up an article for them?

Quite a bit, I bet. It's obvious that whoever wrote the article hadn't actually played the game, or else it would not have been so positive with all the bugs plaguing the Feywild's release. Judging by the fact they falsely advertised 20 vs 20 pvp I'd say it was pre-written by a higher up who isn't near as involved in this game's development as they like to act.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Article title:
    New Expansions Come To 'Dungeons & Dragons Online' And 'Neverwinter'

Guys, the article is about D&D MMOs, and talks about BOTH DDO and Neverwinter. Relax a bit.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1