test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoroughly Disappointed with GWF

reagan247reagan247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I started the game out as a CW, got to 60 - then decided I wanted to try DC and got to 60. Then I tried the Great Weapon Fighter - AND LOVED IT. It was fun a enjoyable and fun class to play. So I put some money into the Zen Market. I will be honest, I have a large extra income that I can afford to spend when I want to - so I put a few hundred dollars in and tried every stat, equipment, and feat arrangement that caught my curiosity. I am a bit of a theorycrafter, so I wanted to see the open possibilities with this class, and there were honestly a lot of them.

But this recent round of 'debuffs' and 'balancing' has left the class thoroughly disappointing and unenjoyable. I will continue to watch the forums and the news feeds for updates, and may occasionally log in to trade and sell, and try PvP (try being the operative word now). But I don't feel the needs of the players or community as a whole was met by the developers, or sadly even the community moderators, when the forums were clearly blasted for weeks with dismayed players decrying 'nerfs' and bugs. Obviously I don't believe CMs are there to relay all messages to Developers, but when a game relies on the consensus of it's player community - they will succeed, and do so with a larger player base. But this is simply not the case. There are no back-and-forth conversations about the damaged State of the Game, there are no relayed acknowledgments that the people who have beta-tested (and somewhat are still) are having bugs looked into and worked on, and there are no obvious reasons to continue to put money into a game that doesn't look at player enjoyment over profit, which in the long-run is short sighted.

This is not meant to be an "I'm leaving rant." But outside of an expansion that added daily events and a dungeon, and grind-every-day mechanics for new weapons/armor, on top of overreaching 'balances' to the classes, what reason is there to continue the game? I love playing, just not grinding for no reason - that's why I left Diablo III (well, one of about 1000 reasons in truth.)

Thank you for the beta periods, and the first 60 levels on 3 players. The last few months have been enjoyable. But sadly that's all I can say for now. I hope to check in soon and see new things and log in again one day.
sigpic2531278_1.gif
If you need an account, click here to sign up.
Post edited by reagan247 on

Comments

• alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    GWF is much better now that unstoppable not end in 2s due to bug temp HP. I've seen GWF today tanking 3 enemies without healer.
  • reagan247reagan247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I will try to log in later and test that out, thank you.
    sigpic2531278_1.gif
  • duba11duba11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So yeah. They fixed the main unstoppable bug now with this last patch.

People can stop complaining about it anytime now.

:D
  • reagan247reagan247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    duba11 wrote: »
    So yeah. They fixed the main unstoppable bug now with this last patch.

People can stop complaining about it anytime now.

:D

Obviously that was part of my complaint, PART of it. The rest has to do with overall uselessness of a GWF in a group, dungeon, or PvP now. But thank you for contributing to the thread.
    sigpic2531278_1.gif
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Here let me sum up some issues facing GWF..

I won't run dungeons or DD nor will I pvp and here is why.

Not So Fast = 5.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss
    Indomitable Battle Strike = 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: Bonus on a kill
    Roar= 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss

Wicked Strike=1.5% per target: 0% on miss
    Weapon master strike 1.5% per target: 0% on miss

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds
    100% at 43 seconds for full AP.

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

5 mobs hit: 100% / 7.5 =13.3
    4 mobs hit: 100% /6% =16.6
    3 mobs hit: 100% /4.5% =22.2
    2 mobs hit: 100% /3% =33.3
    1 mob hit :100% /1.5% = 66.6

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

13.3 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 5 mobs for 20 seconds for a daily.
    16.6 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 4 mobs for 24.9 seconds for a daily
    22.2 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 3 mobs for 33.3 seconds for a daily.
    33.3X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 2 mobs for 49.9 seconds for a daily.
    66.6X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 1 mobs for 99.9 seconds for a daily.

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

The best was 9 seconds. Yes 9 seconds. From empty to full using encounters.

The worst was GWF as shown above.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.
  • farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Here let me sum up some issues facing GWF..

I won't run dungeons or DD nor will I pvp and here is why.

Not So Fast = 5.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss
    Indomitable Battle Strike = 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: Bonus on a kill
    Roar= 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss

Wicked Strike=1.5% per target: 0% on miss
    Weapon master strike 1.5% per target: 0% on miss

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds
    100% at 43 seconds for full AP.

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

5 mobs hit: 100% / 7.5 =13.3
    4 mobs hit: 100% /6% =16.6
    3 mobs hit: 100% /4.5% =22.2
    2 mobs hit: 100% /3% =33.3
    1 mob hit :100% /1.5% = 66.6

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

13.3 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 5 mobs for 20 seconds for a daily.
    16.6 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 4 mobs for 24.9 seconds for a daily
    22.2 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 3 mobs for 33.3 seconds for a daily.
    33.3X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 2 mobs for 49.9 seconds for a daily.
    66.6X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 1 mobs for 99.9 seconds for a daily.

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

The best was 9 seconds. Yes 9 seconds. From empty to full using encounters.

The worst was GWF as shown above.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.

You also realize the GWF now has not Dailies worth using? I still get knocked out of Crescendo. Slam has the lowest damage of all dailies now and cannot crit. And when you look at our best Daily Crescendo.. is it really that much better than IBS? same damage just slower with a knock down.
  • chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Crescendo (CC immunity) is still bugged.. Some skills could still break..
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah. I noticed the CC thing with Cres myself. Pathetic. I have no hope for these devs. Getting very frustrated. I spent all day yesterday CRAFTING. For the love of god help me.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    farfig1337 wrote: »
    You also realize the GWF now has not Dailies worth using? I still get knocked out of Crescendo. Slam has the lowest damage of all dailies now and cannot crit. And when you look at our best Daily Crescendo.. is it really that much better than IBS? same damage just slower with a knock down.

Crescendo and Avalanche. Removed slam long before the patch or patch notes. Strictly speaking about PVE. I won't go into the strengths of avalanche because the devs (who play TR's) will go all nerfbat on it.
    edited August 2013
    I am actually surprised at the response I've got... And 99% of the responding posters hit the nail on the head with the the core problems of the GWF's mechanics.
    sigpic2531278_1.gif