test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Today's Patch

agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
So did the fixes work?

Foundry
  • Teleporters should no longer be dropping players in unexpected locations.
  • The pregenerated Farmlands map 1 should now have an appropriate amount of trees populating its countryside again.

I'm a little worried that the name of the map they said they fixed doesn't match the one with the known problem, but maybe that's just a semantics thing...
Post edited by agentjaspor on

Comments

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah i'm going to be checking that map as soon as i get logged in... patch taking awhile for me to download though. :( My quest is pulled, so i'll be going straight into Trishani's when i get there. I'm hoping it's just a simple text error, and they mean the "Forest Looping Path 01" map.
  • jfinderdevjfinderdev Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 73
    edited August 2013
    The patchnotes used the internal name (UGC_Exterior_Farmlands) instead of its displayed name, Forest Looping Path 1. We know of one other map that also got overgrown with trees but did not get the fix in time for this patch.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jfinderdev wrote: »
    The patchnotes used the internal name (UGC_Exterior_Farmlands) instead of its displayed name, Forest Looping Path 1. We know of one other map that also got overgrown with trees but did not get the fix in time for this patch.

:D

/10characters
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Foundry Editing is not allowed.
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jfinderdev wrote: »

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification! :D
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    Foundry Editing is not allowed.

This usually happens for a few hours after a patch is applied. It takes a while for the foundry to come back online.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Both of these can be tested with live quests, doesn't have to be through the editor.
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    This usually happens for a few hours after a patch is applied. It takes a while for the foundry to come back online.

Fingers crossed.
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tested Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator and Answer the Raven's Call this morning real quick post-patch. It looks like they may need to be republished before the fix is applied, because I still have teleporter issues and the sea of trees is still on the looping path map.
    c447.png
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Republishing makes sense, because I think all that stuff gets generated at publish-time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Just tried my quest post-patch. The trees are no longer clogging up my map (if anything there seem to be fewer trees now than before, though perhaps that's my imagination) but I'm still having teleporter problems. And the editor is down so I can't make any adjustments on my end.
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just checked "Danger in the Sky post-patch, since it uses teleporters to move the player to different places in the story. Sadly, the teleporters are still busted, creating a show-stopper. Hopefully the "re-publishing" is happening automatically and will eventually catch up with everything in the catalog that was broken by the Feywild patch.
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just got confirmation on another thread that a republish will, indeed, need to take place before quests are fixed. Which, to echo raph, makes sense.
    c447.png
  • trishanitrishani Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    Well, I logged onto my quest. From what I can tell, it looks like a lot less trees, unfortunately, I zoned directly inside a new tree, and was trapped. That will need some fixing.
    edited August 2013
    trishani wrote: »
    Well, I logged onto my quest. From what I can tell, it looks like a lot less trees, unfortunately, I zoned directly inside a new tree, and was trapped. That will need some fixing.

Ouch! :( 910
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hear Tom Bombadil specializes in getting people unstuck from trees.
  • lysendroslysendros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    I hear Tom Bombadil specializes in getting people unstuck from trees.

A toast to you, sir!
  • trishanitrishani Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    LOL!

Well I used my rogue alt to deftstrike to my companion and looked around.

The good:

Fewer trees than the original map, definitely no more jungle. Most assets are only minimally affected. I will be placing more trees to get back to the original feel.

The Bad:
    --2 Big tree trunks inside my custom built cave. :( Not sure how I will be going about fixing that since I was using the natural terrain as part of the cave.
    --My teleporters did not get fixed. I'm not sure if the dev's used Coordinate mapping to Zero or Terrain, but my teleporters are still too low. I used zero as my reference.