test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF just felt HAMSTER.

jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So I was in the new zone with my rouge and 1 hit killing every redcap in sight. Throwing knives, using at wills etc...

I pull up my GF and it takes me 3-4 hits to get one Redcap down sometimes.

I respeced the class and improved it a bit.

I relaxed and thought "it is the same as before, just imagine that you have never played a TR".

But what really got me angry was the TR killing with a Knife throw and I am hitting with a double bladed sword.

Honestly I would rather have knives thrown at me then hit with a sword. So why can't the GF do the damage he is suppose to?

Like really the whole thing felt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I almost rage quit the whole game.
What is he? A bloody idiot taunting beasts with a bit of Celery. or Just some weak idiot closing his eyes and sticking out a bit off metal and hoping some enemy just impales itself upon it?

So this TR thing can place a throwing knife, which has no stats, down to the Hilt on target, onto whatever perceived Bulls eye it wants and hit it so hard it acrobatically collapses and dies from 1 hit.

Yet a 30 kg double sided swung Sword, heaved by a mountain of Muscle from wearing 100 kg + Armour around for fun just cant seem cleave soul from body without mauling and ripping the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it for 5 minutes.

Oh I could go on and on....
Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
Post edited by jintortle on

Comments

• dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry but my GF 1 shots all of the small guys with Frontline Surge or Enforced threat and 2 shots the guys with cleaves. The issue is you are under geared or specced incorrectly for damage.

Also I ran a pug thru Malabog's Castle to carry them with 16+mil damage while the #1 player was only 11Mil damage and I was the tank!

You just need to learn how to play the class properly and your damage can skyrocket.
  • veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can TR protect cw's from 20 mobs?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait, you want to use real world physics and logic here? Well, okay...

Much tougher to dodge a knife you don't see coming than to avoid the lumbering mass of muscle and steel coming at you. :)
    Of course, it's also really hard to stick a knife in someone when flung from 10 meters away...
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're probably undergeared. I oneshot all the small mobs and can kill the big trolls/cyclops with one or two encounter rotations.

Also, one hand swords (and even cavalry and bas tard swords) normally only weigh 1kg to 2kg at most. Only the ornamental parade weaponry was heavy at 3.5kg to 5kg.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was Tank Specked the Middle Paragon tree. I changed to the top one to get some more bite. It did work, but the Power behind the Tank Build has really poor melee ability. As soon as I get into a group I want to tank and take all the damage and have the boss solely on me.

After I changed Paragon tree I went into a Skirmish and a GWF took more damage then me. Which I can see happening depending on where the mobs are on the map etc... but now I feel that my tanking ability has gone down to up my dps - which without the game is no fun...

GS about 9.6 - but I know it was the Paragon tree.
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so , you are comparing a TANK ( defender) with a DAMAGE DEALER (striker), and you are getting mad because the damage is not the same?
    you said the whole think felt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, thats exactly the feeling im getting from this post....
    please ragequit the whole game like you said...
    edited August 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    so , you are comparing a TANK ( defender) with a DAMAGE DEALER (striker), and you are getting mad because the damage is not the same?
    you said the whole think felt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, thats exactly the feeling im getting from this post....

Rofl. Oh, if only I was that simple!

• sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jintortle wrote: »

Yet a 30 kg double sided swung Sword, heaved by a mountain of Muscle from wearing 100 kg + Armour around for fun just cant seem cleave soul from body without mauling and ripping the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it for 5 minutes.

Actually, a good one handed sword was not heavier than 1-2 kg. http://www.thearma.org/essays/weights.htm
    Even the biggest two handed greatswords were not heavier than 3-4 kg, except ceremonial ones, but those were never used in battle.

Plate armor indeed was heavy up to 20 kg, but that weight was evenly distributed on the body. It was still heavy.

The image of the warrior who wins by sheer force is wrong. Swordplay required skill, training what included grappling.

Don't expect from a videogame to be accurate in this sense though. If you really into it, than you can always try reenactment fighting. Besides that it is cool, it's much healthier. ;)
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GS about 9.6 - but I know it was the Paragon tree.

I highlighted your issue.

Your GS shows that you are a fresh GF in fresh quest items maybe a few level 60 drops and little to no enchants. Recommendation:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?437251-Guardian-Fighter-Scrotobagins-Regen-Tank-amp-DPS-Builds

Read my guide and look at upgrading your gear and enchants to rank 5's. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

There is no comparison between a 9.6k GS to a 15.8k GS GF. I'm all BiS Gear with Rank 8 Enchants using the Knight Cap Set on my Human & Regen/Deflect Blue Set on my Halfling. Both sets work great for PvE and for PvP the Deflect/Regen set is amazing.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I stopped reading as soon as I finished him comparing a rogue taking out weak enemies in one hit, and comparing to a guardian fighter.

A pure damage class comparing with a heavy damage mitigator and partial damage class..
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're clearly not set up correctly. I've seen plenty of GFs with over 10k power stat while still having more defense than anyone else. (whiskey tango foxtrot?). GF can out damage a TR just fine if you do it right.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    You're clearly not set up correctly. I've seen plenty of GFs with over 10k power stat while still having more defense than anyone else. (whiskey tango foxtrot?). GF can out damage a TR just fine if you do it right.

Of course they can if done right. The fact that this is even a complaint is what is making me shake my head.
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Of course they can if done right. The fact that this is even a complaint is what is making me shake my head.

You have a point there. However, what's even worse is that a GF specced for damage has more survivability, utility, single target and AOE damage than a TR. So while normally I'd think it absurd to expect a defender to do more damage than a striker... well, currently it happens, a lot. So, as off base as the OP is, he could actually achieve what he expects.
  • skenderijaskenderija Member Posts: 87
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I highlighted your issue.

Your GS shows that you are a fresh GF in fresh quest items maybe a few level 60 drops and little to no enchants. Recommendation:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?437251-Guardian-Fighter-Scrotobagins-Regen-Tank-amp-DPS-Builds

Read my guide and look at upgrading your gear and enchants to rank 5's. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

There is no comparison between a 9.6k GS to a 15.8k GS GF. I'm all BiS Gear with Rank 8 Enchants using the Knight Cap Set on my Human & Regen/Deflect Blue Set on my Halfling. Both sets work great for PvE and for PvP the Deflect/Regen set is amazing.

which set works for gwf in pvp,pve and is amazing.
    edited August 2013
    Had on Indomitable Warrior set, Shield of the High General and Brutal Lizard folk Scimitar.

But a few blue rings.

Still I did not know GS was up to 15k - thought something like 13k was tops.

Cheers!

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    slayorian wrote: »
    a GF specced for damage has more single target damage than a TR.

You must play with some truly dreadful TRs. Many times I'll be hitting something for quite a while, then the TR will come along and massacre it. Particularly noticeable with the spawning pits in Spellplague or troll and golems. I do much, much more AOE than a TR, but much less single target.
  • belprahbelprah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    If there are mobs in the game that can be 1-shotted by damage dealers of certain GS, then they should be 1-shottable by tanks with the same GS as well.
    The idea is simple: by 1-shotting the mob, the damage dealer practically has 100% damage resistance, because the mob didn't get a chance to retaliate. In other words, 100% damage output + 100% damage resistance.
    By not being able to 1-shot a mob, the tank does sub-100% damage output and has sub-100% damage resistance, because the mob manages to retaliate and the hard cap of mitigation is 80%.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    guys, you are talking about one handed sword against knife.

Have you ever considered GREAT WEAPON fighter vs. Knife, and knives win on damage. LOL. Seriously this game needs to rethink its concept of damages by weapon.

Great Weapon, the length of your body damages like a twig on this game and a knife may size of your standard 12 inch ruler from hilt to tip and can do more devastating damage. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    edited August 2013
    Wrong. Stop the wikipedia bs. Listen, medieval knights used swords, that heavy they couldn't even move properly if they wielded one. the blades alone were almost 2 meters long. Since mass equals impact, getting struck by one of those would cut anybody in half. Their main purpose was to spin around with it, trying to hit as many attackers as possible, similar to spinning strike - the GWF ability... while the knight itself was wearing thick plate armor to prevent getting hurt, himself. the armor weighed up to 40+ kg, not 20. The sword weighed up to 20+ kg, not 4...

You shouldn't have skipped history lessons. :rolleyes:
    Get off your uninformed backside and find a museum with a authentic weapons collection. Pick some of them up. They are more than capable of being wielded with a great deal of finesse by a trained man.

Spinning strike is the stupidest attack you could have possible used as an example, if you want to know why go pick up a 20kg sledgehammer and spin it into a 100kg+ heavy punch bag. Notice how you do jar your shoulders out of their sockets, mess your elbows over and lose all momentum. Old swords are only heavy and unwieldy in comparison to flimsy modern epees and the associated fencing style.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I was in the new zone with my rouge and 1 hit killing every redcap in sight. Throwing knives, using at wills etc...

I pull up my GF and it takes me 3-4 hits to get one Redcap down sometimes.

I respeced the class and improved it a bit.

I relaxed and thought "it is the same as before, just imagine that you have never played a TR".

But what really got me angry was the TR killing with a Knife throw and I am hitting with a double bladed sword.

Honestly I would rather have knives thrown at me then hit with a sword. So why can't the GF do the damage he is suppose to?

Like really the whole thing felt <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I almost rage quit the whole game.
    What is he? A bloody idiot taunting beasts with a bit of Celery. or Just some weak idiot closing his eyes and sticking out a bit off metal and hoping some enemy just impales itself upon it?

So this TR thing can place a throwing knife, which has no stats, down to the Hilt on target, onto whatever perceived Bulls eye it wants and hit it so hard it acrobatically collapses and dies from 1 hit.

I think you have to learn to play GF , seriously .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I'm sorry but my GF 1 shots all of the small guys with Frontline Surge or Enforced threat and 2 shots the guys with cleaves. The issue is you are under geared or specced incorrectly for damage.

Also I ran a pug thru Malabog's Castle to carry them with 16+mil damage while the #1 player was only 11Mil damage and I was the tank!

You just need to learn how to play the class properly and your damage can skyrocket.

same here :)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...