test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good Race

zeddbvzeddbv Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Library
What are the best race's for CW's and if someone can even explain why, that be great:)
Thank you if you did, love your face <3
Post edited by zeddbv on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tiefling
    High Elf
    Human

Just check out racial bonuses for each.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • threeravensthreeravens Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    Racial bonuses and ability power allocation (Tiefling gets +int and +cha for example, Human gets +2 to any) and the +3 heroic feat points for human. Can't remember High Elf ability bonuses but certainly int for 1.
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tiefling
    High Elf
    Human

Just check out racial bonuses for each.

Dwarf is in the top 5, imo. Somewhere....
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • zeddbvzeddbv Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tiefling: +5% damage while target has -50%
    +2 CHA and 2 CON or INT
    +10% chance to lower the power of the attacker by 5% for 5 secs
    Sun Elf: +2% AP gain
    +2 INT and 2 DEX or CHA
    +Resist to cc's +10%
    Human: +3% more Def
    +2 any ability score
    +additional heroic feats points

My question is which race would go better with this: http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=l8v:4yq7w:b8j7,1fh0i50:60000:b50uv:b5000&h=0
    edited August 2013
    First of all, get rid of Controlling Action Feat. Go with Wizard's Wrath if you go Thaum spec. Any race will do just fine for Thaum. It's basically a high DPS AoE feat tree. Tiefling may be your best choice for their racial bonus, but I hear it's still buggy with Tempest Magic feat.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    Yep, that looks good. I'm not a Thaum spec (mainly PVP). Looks good for PVE.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Is there anything PvE & PvP?
    edited August 2013
    Renegade is a good in between. You won't shine at either but your damage will be good enough for both.

Keep in mind, I PVE, but I am in a guild and my guildies know I won't top the charts for DPS.

Heck, just play what you love. That's really all there is to it.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Right feated thau shines in PvE (good AoE and single target) and PvP: burst even higher, than rene (non-random -15% mitigation, -10% mitigation from arcane spells, +20% icy rays and even more).
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    renegade and thaum are actually pretty much the same in pvp, you get more from ice rays which is more noticable of the 2, but then its conduit vs ray of enfeeble, thats 15% vs 20% mitigation and ray does more damage. (you can argue to use both but.....its not advisable in pvp). renegade gives you the bonus of getting nightmare wizardry from renegade (if/when it procs).

as for PvE, both are equal too i found, thaum is more rigid but has a higher dps potential, however thaum aoe (chilling presence build) is hit and miss, you will not always get full effect of your spells e.g. full 6 ticks on 5 targets with conduit, or 7 full ticks on a mob from icy. vs instant full damage of chill strike, shardplosion.

both have their merits and disadvantages, i personally think renegade has less of them (thaum has better sustained single target capablities)

oh and on topic i would go tiefling, both +stat is great.

also the racial is like the 5 point paragon feat in thaum. so thats effectively 5 free paragon points!.

sun elf 2nd, if you got it.

human is third pick because of its +3 talent, but you lose +2 in our two most favorable stats (for damage) which balance out.

Or just roll a race you like the look of.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited August 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    renegade and thaum are actually pretty much the same in pvp, you get more from ice rays which is more noticable of the 2, but then its conduit vs ray of enfeeble, thats 15% vs 20% mitigation and ray does more damage. (you can argue to use both but.....its not advisable in pvp). renegade gives you the bonus of getting nightmare wizardry from renegade (if/when it procs).

as for PvE, both are equal too i found, thaum is more rigid but has a higher dps potential, however thaum aoe (chilling presence build) is hit and miss, you will not always get full effect of your spells e.g. full 6 ticks on 5 targets with conduit, or 7 full ticks on a mob from icy. vs instant full damage of chill strike, shardplosion.

both have their merits and disadvantages, i personally think renegade has less of them (thaum has better sustained single target capablities)

oh and on topic i would go tiefling, both +stat is great.

also the racial is like the 5 point paragon feat in thaum. so thats effectively 5 free paragon points!.

sun elf 2nd, if you got it.

human is third pick because of its +3 talent, but you lose +2 in our two most favorable stats (for damage) which balance out.

Or just roll a race you like the look of.

Thank you to this man right here <3 him, he made the build and his thread is is so awesome :P

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?385321 <-- Most awesome thread you'll ever see.
    edited August 2013
    Btw what should I do if they auto added 1 power point to orb of imposition?
    edited August 2013
    dont worry about it too much, you will have more points to spend than you need. But when you unlock rank 3, that is when you need to start being careful.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    edited August 2013
    so there more than 61 power points?
    edited August 2013
    just dont put more points into things you dont need, e.g. ray of frost, magic missile, ice storm.
    edited August 2013
    so ray of frost will be 1 same as magic missile and ice storm?
    edited August 2013
    So this is the initial: http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=l8v:4yq7w:b8j7,13h2i50:60000:b50uv:b5000&h=0 but they auto add the first 5 power points.
    And this is what I did: http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=l7j:4yq7w:b8j7,13h2i50:60000:b50uv:b5000&h=0 you did say that the first 5 skills are useless so would this be better?
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    I chose Human because with the extra 3 points in heroic feats, I can have 3% more damage on top of the bonus from int or 3% more statistics from my gear.

Edit: My 2nd choice would be High Elf.
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First of all, get rid of Controlling Action Feat.
    I read this from you now the second time (don't know where I read it the first time), and I would like to understand your reasoning behind this. Thanks.