test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want to love brand of the sun buuuut....

exsilioxexsiliox Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
While I love the ticking power of the DoT for BotS, what other at-will power can I use with it? BotS combined with Astral Seal just kills too slowly and I am getting swarmed by mobs...yes, I then use Sun Burst.

I hate to ditch Astral Seal as my other at-will...or should I just load AS up for groups and use a better at-will power when soloing with BotS? I am only lvl 36 at the moment. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by exsiliox on

Comments

• Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    exsiliox wrote: »
    While I love the ticking power of the DoT for BotS, what other at-will power can I use with it? BotS combined with Astral Seal just kills too slowly and I am getting swarmed by mobs...yes, I then use Sun Burst.

I hate to ditch Astral Seal as my other at-will...or should I just load AS up for groups and use a better at-will power when soloing with BotS? I am only lvl 36 at the moment. Thanks in advance.
    sacred flame
  • Options
    lanalia82lanalia82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Love Sacred Flame.
    2ir89wy.jpg
  • Options
    exsilioxexsiliox Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will me too--but what does that mean? Sacred flame + BotS?
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    for lvling, BotS+sacred flame is super. for engame lvl 60 you'll have to ditch one of them for astral seal though
  • Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So with BOTS, do you just hit the target once, or keep hitting it with bots? I ask because BOTS kills about 3x slower than Sacred Flame, IMO (I haven't looked at the combat logs, but IMO, it doesn't do anywhere NEAR the damage the tooltip says it does).
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lanalia82 wrote: »
    Love Sacred Flame.

How much do you love it ?
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    mjonis wrote: »
    So with BOTS, do you just hit the target once, or keep hitting it with bots?

If you're fast enough in the reactions department, hit it till it crits, then stop.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Brand is a Dot so you apply it once on each mob then kill with sacred flame.
  • Options
    lanalia82lanalia82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How much do you love it ?

Not enough to marry it, but I use it liberally. :)
    2ir89wy.jpg
  • Options
    wockysanwockysan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    exsiliox wrote: »
    BotS combined with Astral Seal just kills too slowly and I am getting swarmed by mobs...yes, I then use Sun Burst.

Well, it certainly makes sense. Death over time. Over time = slow death. Not much you can do about it in my experience. The idea seemed cool, but it simply didn't work out no matter the combo for me when I rolled it. It should be an encounter like Doom in short. An at will, not so much. It definitely isn't beneficial to use at higher lvls.Ya know, thinking about it, the DoTs in general are kinda meh.. thrown in for good measure imo like most DC spells. xP

Actually, here's better advice: Quit leveling before you're trapped into the same 3 spells DCs are forced to use. lol
  • Options
    thecoat9thecoat9 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love it for pvp, mainly because I don't think I've ever seen it fail to dismount someone, also nice to hit people with when they run away low health.
  • Options
    rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    trick i think is to hit till u see a crit then stop,,reason being is that the dots crit as well
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the way to use BotS is to hit one target, then hit another target, then hit another target, then hit another target. Or hit a target, then use encounters. Or hit a target then run away. It's not great if you're spamming it on the same target.
  • Options
    hadenxhadenx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    use it the other way around....cast BotS 1st and then spam astral seal. i think thats more effective you and it heals you also at the same time
  • Options
    adaace2adaace2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I only use BotS and Astral Seal combo while dungeoning as a healer, mainly to build up DP but the heal ticks are nice too.
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been known to throw either of them until they crit, then stop. All the heals from an Astral Seal crit are crit heals. It also procs feats that proc on "critical heals". Great for keeping Cycle of Change up. Heh. But you have to be careful, because if you throw a non-crit after a crit, the crit is over-written.