test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like an event like tymora but with assets drops to make up for asset bug?

goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We all know how much fun gift of tymora was and many people lost alot of sleep and made alot of ad from farming them boxes(me included). I want to know, if this was on the table and the dev's decided as an way of apology they would do this, would you want this? Or just have your assets replaced?

I know I would absolutely enjoy another three days of farming fun - get my hard earned assets back and make a little extra ad on the side. win/win = apology accepted;)

Opinions pls.
Queen of Dragon Server
Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
*******, lvl 60 TR.
Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
Post edited by goddessunique on

Comments

• Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yes, this would be a nice apology and a pleasant reward for the players (even those who didn't lose assets). I support it!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Aww so many people are clicking no. lol Can you people explain the reasoning behind turning down free assets and ad? I should've made the poll options: yes and hell yes ;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Ofc no. Cause this event will blow up economy and who will give me back all my AD spend on assets?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ofc no. Cause this event will blow up economy and who will give me back all my AD spend on assets?

If you can farm them, you can make more assets and ad or maybe I didn't understand your question.
    When we had gifts of tymora, it didn't blow up economy by making them expensive eggs cheaper in ah, so I don't understand the problem.:(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No. They should actually get off their backside, check their logs and refund the people who lost assets instead of throwing them out like candy.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

The economy in this game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    No. They should actually get off their backside, check their logs and refund the people who lost assets instead of throwing them out like candy.

^ This post I can get behind because it requires Cryptic to put forth some effort to fix the problem.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @Goddessunique, u just said the main reason. Farm. it wont improve the economy, as the Gold Farmers will just, u know.. Farm it til the server crash. Plus, lowering the prices of Green, Blue and Purple assets, as it happened to the Dragon Eggs. I vote no. Sry. :/
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lost items should be replaced for those that lost them. A problem for some is not solved by compensating all.

However, I didn't vote because I was not affected.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @Goddessunique, u just said the main reason. Farm. it wont improve the economy, as the Gold Farmers will just, u know.. Farm it til the server crash. Plus, lowering the prices of Green, Blue and Purple assets, as it happened to the Dragon Eggs. I vote no. Sry. :/

Ow you have a valid point. I didn't see it from that point of view.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    edited August 2013
    buffsmad wrote: »
    Lost items should be replaced for those that lost them. A problem for some is not solved by compensating all.

Another valid point. Well thank you both for ruining a perfectly good idea/poll by pointing out minor problems. :olol Helpful discussions like this are good for forums, I just wish all threads were like this.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Ain't the price of Dragon Eggs gone back up and stabilized now? Surely any negative side-effects to the economy by implenting this idea would just be temporary.

Well, that's the theory anyway. :p
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yeah this would be ok as long as rewards do not include dragon eggs as I am holding a bunch of them just waiting for prices to rise again heh
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »
    Ain't the price of Dragon Eggs gone back up and stabilized now? Surely any negative side-effects to the economy by implenting this idea would just be temporary.
    On beholder dragon eggs are still around 30-35k, while before event they was 120k+.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Yeah this would be ok as long as rewards do not include dragon eggs as I am holding a bunch of them just waiting for prices to rise again heh

Have about 60 eggs myself and waiting for that day they become 90k+ again= $$$$
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    forumrichardforumrichard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OMG, Please NO... I have 4 professions at rank 20 and 3 others on the way. Spent a TON of AD getting them there and the assets to go along with them.

I spent many many hours grinding not to mention the real money invested so I could generate an income, doing this would make that all in vain.

The Tymora event alone has cause the return on my investment (and others like me) to go to near nothing, an event such as this would mean we did all that for nothing, and will get nothing in return.

I also lost assets to this bug, and I know taking someone's “word” for it is out of the question.... But there has to be a better way than ruin the economy even more.

Just my opinion, but please people... think ahead to what this will do.

Note to PWE... What ever you decide I want to thank you for asking and not just shoving it down our throat. Good game, I enjoy it immensely and continue to look forward to new additions.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OMG, Please NO... I have 4 professions at rank 20 and 3 others on the way. Spent a TON of AD getting them there and the assets to go along with them.

I spent many many hours grinding not to mention the real money invested so I could generate an income, doing this would make that all in vain.

The Tymora event alone has cause the return on my investment (and others like me) to go to near nothing, an event such as this would mean we did all that for nothing, and will get nothing in return.

I also lost assets to this bug, and I know taking someone's “word” for it is out of the question.... But there has to be a better way than ruin the economy even more.

Just my opinion, but please people... think ahead to what this will do.

Note to PWE... What ever you decide I want to thank you for asking and not just shoving it down our throat. Good game, I enjoy it immensely and continue to look forward to new additions.

What you mean by return on investment? You was buying profession packs and selling eggs?
    And I don't remember them "asking" our opinion about how to resolve this but if they are asking MY opinion, I have lots of ways to fix this and many other problems plaguing NW. But like most suggestions some will like it and other will hate it.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

I agree with you 100% and that makes me fearful that they will do something like this. For a while there they seem bound and determined to crash the market and make everything worthless. I hope they are done now.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i love the idea nothing more to say, economy in the game is not a big deal, even cryptic leave the nigthmare horses around after the bug, more than 1k horses between the 3 servers lol so i think is a fari thing to do to compensate not for this bug but also to other bugs around since the new patch
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    goodbunnygirlgoodbunnygirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like the economy to get a little nerfed so the older players stop charging through the nose for items and stopping the newer players from getting anywhere, I love playing this game but its so full of calculating merchants instead of community players and that makes it a little boring.
  • Options
    forumrichardforumrichard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been here since the beginning so I know the prices will have gone down as more players join but, as it is I have over 30mil invested in purple assets.
    What you mean by return on investment?
    I make all epic gear to sell on AH, with the Tymora event dropping so many eggs I now have bank vaults filled with epic shirts and pants waiting for the prices to go to a reasonable level and have geared my entire alliance at cost. They made reinforced arms BoP so lost sales there as well.
    And I don't remember them "asking" our opinion
    I am referring to them taking a “vote” on this event “before” implementing it.

I do not expect anyone to follow my thoughts and vote as I do, but I do hope “some” will take my thoughts into consideration as I would theirs. I expect many will view this differently, and what ever the outcome I am happy to have had a chance to voice my view on it. (again referring to the aforementioned “vote”)
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since they also upped the drops on lockboxes and likely sold more keys as a result, this will be a win-win unless they think that they can make more money by keeping those assets harder to get.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I have been here since the beginning so I know the prices will have gone down as more players join but, as it is I have over 30mil invested in purple assets.

I make all epic gear to sell on AH, with the Tymora event dropping so many eggs I now have bank vaults filled with epic shirts and pants waiting for the prices to go to a reasonable level and have geared my entire alliance at cost. They made reinforced arms BoP so lost sales there as well.

I am referring to them taking a “vote” on this event “before” implementing it.

I do not expect anyone to follow my thoughts and vote as I do, but I do hope “some” will take my thoughts into consideration as I would theirs. I expect many will view this differently, and what ever the outcome I am happy to have had a chance to voice my view on it. (again referring to the aforementioned “vote”)

Thanks for the reply.
    Btw, do you have any shirts and pants for cw?:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I vote yes. Assets are already pay2win and comes from zen exclusively. Some people on this thread just don't want their assets to be decreased in value.