test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seeker's Beacon & AS

scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Temple
Someone did mention this before but I can't find the post. Anyhow, currently, seeker's beacon (the MH set bonus) is proccing from each tick of divine AS, hehe. Like so ..

[12:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Astral Shield gives 358 Hit Points to you.

[12:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Seeker's Beacon gives 1313 Hit Points to you.

[12:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Astral Shield gives 346 Hit Points to you.

[12:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Astral Shield gives 350 Hit Points to you.

[12:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Astral Shield gives 387 Hit Points to you.

[12:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Astral Shield gives 382 Hit Points to you.

[12:36] [Combat (Self)] Your Seeker's Beacon gives 1313 Hit Points to you

Edit.

Also, Divine Forgemaster's Flame's ticks:

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Your Forgemaster's Flame deals 856 (1019) Radiant to Warrior.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Your Seeker's Beacon gives 1292 Hit Points to you.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Your Forgemaster's Flame gives 1193 Hit Points to you.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Your Forgemaster's Flame deals 856 (1019) Radiant to Warrior.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Your Forgemaster's Flame gives 1281 Hit Points to you.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Warrior deals 370 (657) Physical to you with Melee Attack.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Your Forgemaster's Flame gives 1115 Hit Points to you.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Warrior deals 404 (718) Physical to you with Melee Attack.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Warrior deals 388 (689) Physical to you with Melee Attack.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Your Forgemaster's Flame gives 1207 Hit Points to you.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Warrior deals 374 (665) Physical to you with Melee Attack.

[12:52] [Combat (Self)] Your Forgemaster's Flame gives 1129 Hit Points to you.

Cya blue regen gear XD ... for the time being anyway.
Post edited by scozzers on

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's been noted on forums for over a week now, and devs have not touched it in any patches since. They specifically fixed AS healing to be considered as being provided by an Encounter power, and that's the result.

I will say that it's powerful, but not as obviously insane when your party members are sharing your shield due to how Seeker's Beacon can proc on only one target at a time.

P.S. I'm actually very glad for this change in PvP for the average-geared DC. My BiS DC hasn't had his game changed drastically by this (pretty much same as before: die only when out of shield and chain-CCed by multiple TRs/GFs). What it does, IMO is help DCs who are either still gearing up or are opting for DPS builds to enjoy greater survivability.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited August 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    It's been noted on forums for over a week now, and devs have not touched it in any patches since. They specifically fixed AS healing to be considered as being provided by an Encounter power, and that's the result.

I will say that it's powerful, but not as obviously insane when your party members are sharing your shield due to how Seeker's Beacon can proc on only one target at a time.

Given the frequency of ticks and the fact FF works similarly ... I'll reserve judgement on what's insane until I try it in a dungeon.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    scozzers wrote: »
    Given the frequency of ticks and the fact FF works similarly ... I'll reserve judgement on what's insane until I try it in a dungeon.

Thanks for the tip about FF. I hadn't dusted that power off in a while.

I've tried dungeons since patch (running AS, but not FF in tandem), and I did notice how the effect was diluted by having a whole group in the shield since Seeker's Beacon seems as likely to affect a target at full health as it is one that's missing health.

With both skills granting that much bonus healing, though, I wouldn't be surprised to have one or both tweaked slightly.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    saved81saved81 Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    With the new patch the MH bonus procs off EVERY tic of any kind of heal from an encounter (included HW and FF).
    This is hardly a "working as intended".
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    saved81 wrote: »
    With the new patch the MH bonus procs off EVERY tic of any kind of heal from an encounter (included HW and FF).
    This is hardly a "working as intended".

It isn't proccing off healing word ticks for me (both divine and non), just the initial cast of the encounter:

[13:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Healing Word gives 447 (745) Hit Points to you.

[13:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Seeker's Beacon gives 1313 Hit Points to you.

[13:48] [Combat (Self)] Assassin deals 888 (1577) Physical to you with Melee Attack.

[13:48] [Combat (Self)] Assassin deals 905 (1608) Physical to you with Melee Attack.

[13:48] [Combat (Self)] Assassin deals 1836 (3262) Physical to you with Melee.

[13:48] [Combat (Self)] Assassin deals 1870 (3323) Physical to you with Melee.

[13:48] [Combat (Self)] Assassin deals 1918 (3407) Physical to you with Melee.

[13:48] [Combat (Self)] Assassin deals 1909 (3392) Physical to you with Mele
  • Options
    saved81saved81 Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    Were you casting it on any ally or just on yourself?

I haven't checked the logs but I got the same "impression" of this report in the bug forum:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?459521-DC-broken-T2-miracle-healer-set
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    saved81 wrote: »
    Were you casting it on any ally or just on yourself?

I did try it on a random ally too. That's neither here nor there though, since if it did work, it would work on yourself. It doesn't work. Test it yourself.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    P.S. I'm actually very glad for this change in PvP for the average-geared DC. My BiS DC hasn't had his game changed drastically by this (pretty much same as before: die only when out of shield and chain-CCed by multiple TRs/GFs). What it does, IMO is help DCs who are either still gearing up or are opting for DPS builds to enjoy greater survivability.

Full MH is average gear, now? O_o
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a real bug and it makes me pretty much unkillable (even though I already am for the most part) this just puts things over the top. I get 5% of my max hp back every tick of AS (so about 1300+ HP every tick, including the health tick already from a divine AS) then if I drop down Hallowed Ground with Moon Touched feat I'm healing an additional 5% of my maximum hp every 3 seconds. This basically means I can tank 5 people at once and not even drop below 80%. This bug is hilariously overpowered so enjoy it while it lasts.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    Cleric dev is a joke. I saw this coming the moment I read that Astral Shield was changed to be recognized as an Encounter power. I was like, what would that mean? oh ya...MH set. I figured it'd be bugged in some way and not tested fully with this.

Is there even a Cleric dev at all? Do we even have one person designated to design just our class? or is our guy overloaded with so many duties he's doing in this game that he can't devote the time to Cleric to get ANYTHING right?
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    This is a real bug and it makes me pretty much unkillable (even though I already am for the most part) this just puts things over the top. I get 5% of my max hp back every tick of AS (so about 1300+ HP every tick, including the health tick already from a divine AS) then if I drop down Hallowed Ground with Moon Touched feat I'm healing an additional 5% of my maximum hp every 3 seconds. This basically means I can tank 5 people at once and not even drop below 80%. This bug is hilariously overpowered so enjoy it while it lasts.

I was watching your stream yesterday and was laughing my *** off at you holding back 4-5 enemies solo for minutes and minutes before dying lol.
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gctrl wrote: »

Haha, tank 5 people at once? Maybe if by tank you mean live through chain-CC until your AS is down then die. Actually, I take even that back. There is no way 5 people would let you stay in your blue circle. Usually the very first thing that happens is that you get knocked out.
  • Options
    katamizaakatamizaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im pretty sure FF was able to proc 1 MH per healing before patch.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    katamizaa wrote: »
    Im pretty sure FF was able to proc 1 MH per healing before patch.

It was, like other encounter powers, but it will proc repeatedly now until the fix comes over from Preview shard.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It seems they fixed it on the previewserver.
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    elahra1rah wrote: »
    It seems they fixed it on the previewserver.

And I see there's a maintenance today so I can only assume the issue with the MH set is being emergency patched. This is what amazes me, you can't ever get any feedback or even acknowledgement regarding issues. They don't fix any of them, or take forever to do it, or simply say the tooltip was incorrect (admittedly in some cases this was true, for other the just took the easy fix) but when all of the sudden they make some error that accidently makes a skill slightly better than intended they fix it immediately. Took like 2 months to even get the MH set to work and it takes all of 3 days to fix it now >.< But of course they haven't bothered to fix the GWF tab bug, or the CW HV set, I mean unlimitted stacking of -dmg mitigation...that's way more imba than a couple thousand extra points of healing, which happen to gong primarily onto myself. Not sure why I'm here ranting, I'm used to this ****!
  • Options
    lxfanglxfang Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Patch notes out. Fixed.

Systems and Items

Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable should no longer turn off prematurely when Determination is gained.
    Cleric: Miracle Healer Set: Resolved issue with the DoT effect being reapplied more often than expected.