test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hybred Rene/Thurm

scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Library
I have a question is it possible to run a hybred of thrum and rene as a cw?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    I have been toying with this idea, more information to come.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm running it and it's by far the best build for dps
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    I believe that a hybrid build is not optimal because of the following:

A Renegade build is based on the premise of high critical severity. Therefore, one of the most important feats to acquire is Phantasmal Destruction. 15 points must be placed in to the Renegade tree.

This leaves 16 points to be placed in to the Thaumaturge tree which can only provide a CW with Tempest Magic, Destructive Wizardry, Frozen Power Transfer, and one additional point.

If I were to build hybrid, I would want 5/5 Transcended Mastery along with Phantasmal Destruction. This would make my single target damage absolutely amazing with a critical hit on Icy Rays. However, it's not possible.

I have to then conclude that the remaining 16 points left over from not having to spend them in the Renegade tree for Phantasmal Destruction might as well be placed in to a further investment of the Renegade tree or, as in Grimah's build, in to the Oppressor tree + the Renegade tree.

As a Renegade, I would be generally slotting:
    Entangling Force Mastery, Steal Time, Shard of the Endless Avalanche, and Sudden Storm.

Given these choices in powers, I am better off putting points in to Masterful Arcane Theft than in to Destructive Wizardry because Masterful Arcane Theft has the potential to provide more of a damage boost to both Steal Time and Ray of Enfeeblement, (for single target,) than Destructive Wizardry.

With that said, I do think that a Thaumaturge/Renegade hybrid build is possible by heavily investing in to Thaumaturge as a primary tree.

Like this: Calc Link

Or this: Calc Link

A Thaumaturge Build for Fury of the Feywild

^ This is a build that is a partial hybrid.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,13h0ih0:7u000:b50u0:b5000&h=0

probably the most viable if doing hybrid, that 1 extra point i just threw into severe reaction. Using this would require you to use eye of the storm to get the most out of it (for nightmare wizardry to proc).

dont think its worth it though the final feats only cost 1 point and provide alot more.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • bboycrazebboycraze Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've switched to Hybrid Rene/Thaum and have no complaints; my dps has shot up dramatically.
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    After the patch, I switched over to Nightmare Wizardry from Bitter Cold due to the changes to Eye of the Storm and its insane proc rate (switched out Chilling Presence for EotS). As far as Phantasmal Destruction and Chaos Magic goes, I think they pale in comparison to thaum's later feats like Frozen Power Transfer, Elemental Empowerment and Assailing Force.

IMO, going thaum and selecting Critical Power and Nightmare Wizardry will yield the best of both worlds.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What purpose from hybrid build?
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-20539794/CW-feats.png.html

Try it, master it, love it!
    Encounters that i use are the ones i have slotted.

I may witch out reapers for critical powers after the patch but atm i dont have any problems with ap gain since we just kill all mobs after 1 arcane singularity or keep them grouped up in a corner.

I'm using perfect vorpal if u cant afford a vorpal u may wanna stick with elemental empowerment instead of phantasmal.

And yes i know this build is medicore for singletarget dps!