test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon Fragments

s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So i was wondering if they dropped from only the last boss or if they could drop on any of the 3? Post here where you got yours!!
Post edited by s3ven0fmine on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Anyone pick one up?
  • Options
    tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    As far as i know only the second boss drops them, seen 3 dropped by him so far.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ok thanks for the reply!! Anyone else gotten any?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've seen the first boss drop an offhand, and my guildies have gotten fragments. From what I hear there's no way to get the mainhand outside of buying tools and crafting.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    are they also BoP?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They are not BoP
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ok thanks, How is MC? will my 10.8k DC survive there? is it much harder than CN? or is it just throwing mobs away?
  • Options
    tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    SInce CN/T2 gear is better than all you get in MC for your cleric you might want to wait until you go there.

You need a decent group because the mobs hit pretty hard and the last boss is bugged/tough.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    tancred300 wrote: »
    SInce CN/T2 gear is better than all you get in MC for your cleric you might want to wait until you go there.

You need a decent group because the mobs hit pretty hard and the last boss is bugged/tough.

CN ancient set is still less on stats compared on the MC set.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've seen the first boss drop an offhand, and my guildies have gotten fragments. From what I hear there's no way to get the mainhand outside of buying tools and crafting.

Saw our GF get the shield from the 2nd boss. did 2 complete runs and I tihnk pretty much everything else has been blue stuff and shards.
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »

Yes, but the MC set wastes stats on Armor Penetration, which is useless for healing.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013

However, for certain classes/builds the stat allocation of the CN set is just plan better. Case in point - heal-specced DCs.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Cleric in our party got main-hand from 2nd boss... this is confusing :x
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    revocaine wrote: »
    Cleric in our party got main-hand from 2nd boss... this is confusing :x

2nd boss drops main hand but not the one with set bonus. For the Main-Hand with set bonus u will have to grab weapon frags and cratf it with epic assets :O

The only items that drops from MC is all weapons (non-set) off hand (with set bonus) and the braces for the new T2 sets. U can check all drops on the new campaign system window.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Yes, but you cannot get the main hand from MC. You only get pieces of it that you must craft to create the T2 version of the MC main hand. You'll also have to spend AD or Zen to get the assets required to make the T2 piece.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    suxip01111 wrote: »
    Yes, but the MC set wastes stats on Armor Penetration, which is useless for healing.

ithink there is a confusion, the set they are talking about are the fomorian weapon sets, those are sligthy better with same stats than the CN ones, you get the offhand from 2nd boss i think not sure if the rest drop them, and the rest you should get fragments tobe able to craft it :)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ithink there is a confusion, the set they are talking about are the fomorian weapon sets, those are sligthy better with same stats than the CN ones, you get the offhand from 2nd boss i think not sure if the rest drop them, and the rest you should get fragments tobe able to craft it :)

Yes, but you also need to be rank 20 in Weaponsmithing/Artificing and have purple assets to craft them. So multiple MC runs, good luck from the RNG, high ranks in professions, expensive tools, and good RNG luck again. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    wow so for free players they dont get a chance to craft those? unless they get some of those expensive tools on market? this is insane, its like needing to pay lots to get an item be craftable
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    schulz87 wrote: »
    wow so for free players they dont get a chance to craft those? unless they get some of those expensive tools on market? this is insane, its like needing to pay lots to get an item be craftable

Basically, yes. Fortunately...

1) The Sharadar weapons are not much more powerful than the Ancient CN weapons.
    2) By the time a F2P person gets all the AD to purchase the assets off the AH, most likely they'll be another expansion and weapon to go to.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Basically, yes. Fortunately...

1) The Sharadar weapons are not much more powerful than the Ancient CN weapons.
    2) By the time a F2P person gets all the AD to purchase the assets off the AH, most likely they'll be another expansion and weapon to go to.

hahha not just the AD by the time you level it up to lv 20 XD

the wepons i think are overall 3-5% better than CN

just to confirm not sure how many asset slot we can use to craft them, but as far as i know we need to craft in rank 2 so probably use not all purple but just one purple and the rest should be blue ones lol, also it seems that they drop at quite good rate from the lockboxes to i think prizes will go down with time.

still F2P player can get them as well if they really focus into it since is more easy to earn AD now on maxed cap and, you will be using a lot less if you play cause now is easy to come by sets as long as you are playing the dungeons, so cryptic alwasy will implement something to spend AD, personally will lv up weaponsmith for the weapon since i will be really using it :), but will wait to buy the assets and stuff cause they will become cheaper with time.
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...